Dr. Alan Berg, MD

Rheumatology ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Berg

Margolis Rheumatology

200 Delafield Rd Ste 4040 Pittsburgh, PA 15215

Dr. Alan Berg, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts Medical School in 1985 and specializes in rheumatology.

Dr. Berg accepts

Dr. Berg accepts the following insurance:

Select
Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
UPMC
UPMC PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Berg's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Berg's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteopenia

Dr. Berg treats Osteopenia more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Berg treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Osteoporosis

Dr. Berg treats Osteoporosis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Berg treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deficiency-Induced Osteoporosis

Dr. Berg treats Autoimmune Diseases more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Berg treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Berg's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Purpura
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sjögren's Syndrome

2.8

Dr. Berg?
Dr. Berg's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Berg, MD
Would not recommend. Waited 3 months for this arrogant person who just wants to talk about himself. As soon as I came into the room he said I was misdiagnosed by a former college he use to work with. Did not listen to my symptoms or even check my legs and joints. Told me that I was fat! Granted I put on some weight because I can barley get up and down the steps let alone excersize. That's why I was there. He cut back my meds and told me I should be on a plant base diet like him. There is a nice way to say things. I will never go back to him again!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Dr Berg is excellent. He has helped me tremendously and is always caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Dr Berg has been one of the best physicians my husband has ever had, he has always been kind caring and available to us when ever he was needed. He is a wealth of information at all times We never have to question his diagnosis or recomendations for the treatments that my husband receives. I am sure without Dr Berg my husband would not be here, if you need his help accept his determination of your condition ,your in the best hands possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Didn't take me seriously considering i'm a young adult. Automatically assumed my weight contributed to my problems, and said I most likely have sleep apnea. Even brought up weight loss SURGERY when my BMI is a little over 34. I was completely taken back by his lack of interest in what I was actually there for. Probably the worst doctor's I have ever seen. I was in and out of the office from check in to check out in a little over 20 minutes. Waste of time. Wouldn't recommend,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
would not recommend Dr Berg. His diagnosis did not take into consideration muscleskeletal issues experienced over years including surgeries & joint replacements. Diagnosed fibromyalgia due to sleep apnea caused by obesity. Referred me for drastic Bariatric sleeve surgery, which was not approved by my specialist providers. They were shocked I would be referred for such a drastic permanent surgery with a BMI of 33. He was disrespectful in UPMC summary, suggesting I do nothing to help myself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Rude and uncaring. Don’t waste your time with this guy. He was mean to my husband who has MS and couldn’t get his words out fast enough. Tried to blame red, swollen, painful joints on sleep apnea. This guy’s a joke.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
0 Stars. 2nd issue of 2x I've seen the doc. I was out of town and my knee began to swell and spread to ankle. I met doc on Friday morning and he drained my knee and took blood work. Mentioned a couple possibilities of what it might be and after blood/fluid was drawn said a nurse would be in touch Monday with the results. 10 days later I reach out - no evidence of blood work. Then the doc told the nurse to tell me he never got blood or fluid! UNPROFESSIONAL! I wish there was more I could do
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Dr Alan Berg is the best rheumatologist! I am in total remission thanks to him. He has always given me the time to answer each and every concern and questions I have. His staff is caring and takes time with you. I can’t praise him enough. If you’re looking for a professional look no further than Dr Alan Berg! He gave me back my life! Thank you Dr Berg!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
I was very nervous about a possible condition and I was referred to Dr. Berg by my PCP. Dr. Berg's gentle mannerisms put me at ease as he clearly explained my situation to me. I feel very confident that I am under care with a very capable Rheumatologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
I went to Dr. Berg for a second opinion. He was belligerent and rude, asking me why I was seeing him instead of the other physician. He told me, without doing any further testing, that my fatigue was due to sleep apnea. When I expressed my doubts about his diagnosis lacking many of the normal symptoms, he replied, "Rare things are rare." When I pressed further he said, "If it is not due to apnea, it is due to you being morbidly obese." I've since seen another physician that disputes his DX.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
This was the Worst person I have ever encountered , he is Ignorant and degrading, he did not answer any of my questions, I would never recommend anything to see him, he is truly the devil in disguise. Sad to say he was training another MD hopefully she won't learn any of his awful behavior
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
I will not ever go back to dr berg again he is a very uncaring dr does not listen to nor cares what you have to say only hears what he wants
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
I saw Dr. Berg on the 27th of October, 2016. He was excellent in discussing my knee problem. I was especially impressed by the willingness to answer all my questions, even going back to my charts as I was leaving to make sure I had received a liver function test recently. I was impressed with his complete attention to all I had asked of him. I could not be more pleased. Lawrence Myers
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Rude and uncaring. No compassion whatsoever. Waste of money going here. Nothing different than before i went in
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Even though I was the only person in the office, I waited 53 minutes for my appointment. He insisted on payment first. I showed him my swollen joints and gave a list of my symptoms. He said try Tai Chi and aerobics, and to take fish oil capsules. I have done for years. I told him I used to work out every morning aerobics and weight training, but that now when I work out I cannot function the rest of the day and it interferes with my work schedule. He was rude, insulting, impatient; no help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?
Dr Berg ia very caring physician and a excellent Doctor. He listens to your health problems and takes time to explain to you the options with your diagnosis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berg?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Berg treats patients.

UPMC St. Margaret