Dr. Alan Abando, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 46

Telehealth services available

Dr. Alan Abando, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Cedar Park, TX and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rush Medical College Of Rush University medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as St. David's Round Rock Medical Center and Cedar Park Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Abando to book an appointment.

Cedar Park Surgeons

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abando

4.2

Dr. Abando?
What People Say About Dr. Alan Abando, MD
Dr. Abando performed my VSG on 09/17. The whole staff has been amazing. I have had no complications, and my weight loss is right on track. They are all so supportive. Dr. Abando put my husband's mind at ease before, during and after my surgery. There is no other group I would recommend for anyone thinking about bariatric surgery. All of your questions are answered truthfully, and if they feel you are not a candidate, they will not recommend surgery. They want success for all patients!
Leah McDaniel – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
It's been nearly a year since I had the VSG, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. I feel a million times better, a constant work in progress and so happy I made this choice. Absolutely 0 regrets. I know that CPB underwent a few staff changes over the year but their level of care and commitment never dropped. I have no had a 12 month post op follow up but I am doing amazing and I know that they are just a phone call away!
Jade D. in Austin – Aug 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
I could go on for days about how great Dr. Abando and the staff are. The 1st time in went I was so nervous but after talking to him and getting all my questions answered I knew I was in the right place. December 2017 I had my gastric sleeve surgery and I've never been happier. Thank you so much Dr. Abando for giving me the tools I needed to make this a success story.
Melissa Adkins in Austin, TX – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Dr. Abando performed a hernia operation on me. He did a good job. Very little pain, back to work the next day. He came very highly recommended to me by my heart doctor.
Bob C. in Leander, TX – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Dr. Abando performed surgery on my wife following her diverticulitis. There were complications with the wound, and he had to reopen due to an infection, leaving a horrific scar and nerve damage. When seeking consolence, and compassion at her post surgery/care follow-up, his attitude was "oh well" and I cannot recommend continued surgery for you. I think more importantly, a simple "I am sorry that I have left you with a terrible scar for the rest of your life would have sufficed her"......
Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Dr Abando is the BEST!! I had surgery to remove part of my colon due to diverticulitis. Dr. Abando very personable and caring, explained procedure and what to expect. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends. Porcia, his assistant was awesome too. Great experience.
Don Davis – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Dr.Abondo is amazing, he is an incredible surgeon who has always made me feel like a person and extremely well taken care of. He changed my life forever. Thanks Doc!
S.Gustafson in Leander – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Dr Abando was very through in his explanation of what my Gall Bladder surgery procedures were. He is very friendly and open to any questions about my surgery. He was willing to take the time I needed with him.
Cedar Park, TX – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
I am 9 days post surgery. Dr. Abando and his staff made the entire process of the surgery very smooth. They are a very professional and friendly team and truly care about your health. Dr Abando came highly recommended to me and I can see why. He is the go to in Central Texas. Thank you Dr Abando and Cedar Park Surgeons staff!
Rick W in Austin, TX – Feb 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Dr Abando is a caring physician that is great at explaining care and procedures. His bedside manner is comforting and is an excellent communicator. He followed up with my other physicians post surgery promptly. I was comforted by his bright personality as well as his friendly staff.
Tara in Cedar Park, Tx – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Excellent bedside manner, great communications, wonderful experience all the way through surgery. Dr. Abandoned will remain our go to surgeon in our future!
Wayne Kuske in Leander, TX – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Our experience with Dr Abando has been terrific -- we found him to be knowledgable, personable, interested and upbeat, but serious when appropriate. He performed hernia repair surgery, on my 80 year old husband, which went smoothly and according to plan. His recovery was without any problems. The office staff is very professional and efficient; with particular mention of Portia, who was very friendly and helpful -- explained the pre and post operative situation very clearly. Thanks to all!
G.W. in Cedar Park, TX – Dec 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Long wait times for scheduled appointments, rude office staff, laissez faire approach to patient concerns
Austin, TX – Nov 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?
Dr. Abando may be a great Doctor / Surgeon but his practice is horribly mis-managed by a staff that consistently fails to engender a good doctor/patient relationship. The office staff are not friendly, considerate or efficient at anything other than collecting fees and co-pays. EVERY time I have been to see Dr. Abando, I have been kept waiting at least a half an hour. Dr. Abando is a warm, genuine person but the people running his practice probably do not do him justice.
Cory in Austin, TX – Nov 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Abando, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abando?

Dr. Abando accepts

Dr. Abando accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Preferred PPO
Meritain Health
Thrivent Financial
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Abando's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Abando's Top Procedures and Conditions

Obesity

Dr. Abando treats Obesity more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Abando treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Stomach Surgery

Dr. Abando performs Stomach Surgery more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Abando performs this procedure more than 91% of his peers

Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
high
high

Dr. Abando performs Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Abando performs this procedure more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Abando's conditions and procedures:

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery