Dr. Alamelu Murugappan, MD

Dr. Alamelu Murugappan, MD

Neurology  |

Dr. Alamelu Murugappan, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Brandon, FL. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Murugappan is affiliated with South Bay Hospital and Brandon Regional Hospital.

Tampa Bay Neurology Clinic

• Mutual of Omaha
  • Staywell (Wellcare)
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Murugappan

See how frequently Dr. Murugappan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Gait Abnormality
high
Insomnia
high

Dr. Murugappan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Murugappan "Best Neurology care with expertise and compassion."

• Neurology

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Memory Disorders
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscle Diseases
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Thanjavur Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Murugappan has no media or publications listed.

• Tamil

Dr. Murugappan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Murugappan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Brandon Regional Hospital

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Murugappan to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Murugappan's Performance
Brandon, FL |
Very poor customer service. Multiple appointments cancelled by the doctor/staff. When an office worker promised to return a call with information, they did not. Transferred multiple times, having to repeat myself. I hope there is another neurologist in Brandon.
Tampa, FL |
Dr Muru is the best Dr ever. Had no idea why I was experiencing an electrical like sensation...thought I was having a stroke. As soon as I began to explain to her she was shaking her head up and down, acknowledging my concern. She knew exactly what was wrong. Anxiety! Gave me a reassuring conversation and gave me medicine..first day of taking meds, symptoms went away. In follow up, she continues to give me comfort that I AM FINE. Don't worry and as long as she's my dr, I won't, Awesome Dr!
in Riverview, FL |
This is the second time I have seen Dr. Muru and my migraines have decreased with the regimen she started me on last month. Don't be surprised if you are waiting a little longer than your appt. time. It's worth it! She takes time with her patients and she provides a thorough assessment. She is very helpful, knowledgeable, understanding, and provides the utmost care. I also love the fact that she remembered me since my last visit. Most Drs that I have went to treat me like a new pt every visit.
in Valrio Fl |
I was having a hard time getting an appt. with a neuroliigist . She was recommended I got an appt asap . The first visit she diognosted my 5 mo.old headache on first visit . By the third visit was totally gone. I called her one night she called back in five min. Four emergence room visits Many X rays nothing ,she got it on first visit. I would recommend her to my family and friends. She is very smart and very nice We really love her. So happy we found her.
in Wesley Chapel, Fl |
She is a Great Doctor. Very thorough, she spent 1 hour with me, listen to what I had to say, and straight to the point. Excellent
Ruskin, FL |
Worst experience with a trained professional physician I have ever had. Too lengthy for details from office personnel to including her attitude.
in Brandon, FL |
I had a great experience with Dr Murugappan ( Muru) she was kind and very thorough.
Butler, NJ |
Very abrupt, constantly repeated she doesn't know why my parents have came to her. Didn't even bother to look at the scan because they are no notes attached. My parents felt unwanted and ridiculed since my dad is deaf and my mum speaks poor English. My mum called me from the patient room to help out and I felt the same border line rude attitude from her as well. Would not recommend for older people who need some care and patience.
in Brandon, FL |
I am very grateful to Dr. Murugappan & her office staff (Yulu, Lisa and the others) for the level of care & compassion they have for their patients, for always taking the time to answer health related questions & concerns, promptly completing refills & scheduling appointments & in general for the overall quality of service received by Dr. Murugappan & her staff. Dr. Murugappan is an awesome neurologist, she is direct & truly cares about her patients welfare and wellbeing; will gladly recommend.
Brandon, FL |
I was one of her last patients for the day. She was polite in the beginning and then rushed through everything. She did not listen to me very well and was rather short with me. It wasn't a terrible experience. I'm positive she is highly intelligent and knowledgeable in the field of neurology, however her bedside manner leaves much to be desired and in my opinion that's half of the reason why a patient would return. Thankfully I can tap into a network of doctor friends and find another.
in Brandon, FL |
I have been bringing my Aunt to Dr Murugappan for quite a few years now. She is a very caring doctor and she definitely listens to the needs of her patients. She is very thorough which is why I don't mind the wait which sometimes can take 30 minutes or so. I will refer her to all of my family and friends and am very glad I found her as we have been to plenty of other doctors that just want to push medication on my aunt and not find the problem. I am very pleased with the care received.
in Brandon , Fl |
Made appointment for my wife to have a upper and lower series of nerve testing done ,referred by her ortho with a script. Wife arrived and was told she would have to schedule an appointment with Dr Murugappan before they would do any testing. None of this was mentioned when the appointment was made and is just a scram by unethical Dr to extract more money from desperate patents who are dealing with bad pain.
Have you seen Dr. Alamelu Murugappan, MD?
Are you Dr. Murugappan?