Dr. Akther Kotha, MD

Dr. Akther Kotha, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Akther Kotha, MD is a rheumatology specialist in La Mesa, CA and has been practicing for 27 years. She graduated from Osmania Medical College, Ntr University Of Health Sciences in 1973 and specializes in rheumatology.

8860 Center Dr Ste 400

La Mesa, CA 91942

(619) 229-1995

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Sharp Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Kotha

See how frequently Dr. Kotha performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
Lupus
Arthritis

Dr. Kotha's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

• Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Osmania Medical College, Ntr University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1973
  • UMDNJ Rw Johnson Med School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • UMDNJ Rw Johnson Med School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Uc San Diego Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Kotha has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kotha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kotha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kotha's Reviews

2.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kotha to family and friends

Dr. Kotha's Performance

GOOD

Do not go to this doctor. If I could give her a zero I would. She is the meanest doctor I have ever meet, she made very rude comments on my race/culture. She did not listing to anything I had to say. I asked my PCP to refer me to another rheumatologist and he refer me to her daughter. She is nicer...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I tried for 6weeks to get an appt. The office staff kept telling me they didn't receive the faxed lab and doctor's reports, I would call my primary care, they would fax the documentation (5 TIMES!!), I called them back, was told it takes 5 to 7 days for them to receive the faxes, b/c "of how our...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I was referred by my Primary Care Physician. After a 2 week run around, they refused to even make an appointment to see me. "The Dr. is not sure what she can do for you" I was told by staff. Maybe start by seeing me as requested by another Dr.?
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I couldn't recommend Dr. Kotha more highly. I've been seeing her for 2-3 years and she has been great. She's very knowledgeable and very compassionate and makes the extra effort to make sure her patients get the right care. She's one of the best doctors I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of them.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1
This Dr should NOT be practicing medicine, ever! I have never experienced what I experienced with Dr. Kotha. My appointment with her was surreal. She was condesendig, she bulied me, wouldn't listen to me, talked bad about the most recent Dr's I've been seeing. She wouldn't prescribe me any of the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option10thumbs down icon option1