Dr. Akram H. Mahmoud, DO

Dr. Akram H. Mahmoud, DO

Neurosurgery | Male

Neurospine Center Of Wisconsin 5320 W Michaels Dr, Appleton, WI 54913 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Mahmoud specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Appleton, WI. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Mahmoud? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Mahmoud's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mahmoud's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mahmoud

Dr. Mahmoud accepts 27 insurance carriers

Dr. Mahmoud's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mahmoud to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Mahmoud
Dr. Mahmoud's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (35)
in Oshkosh, WI 54901 |
The best, very caring, all went well even late at night, due to other emergencies. I've been in no pain since surgery
in Abrams, WI |
Dr. Mahmoud was very informative and up front about my condition. I feel he was honest with me about risks.
in Green Bay, WI |
I had cervical spine surgery two years ago; however, I continued to have numbness in my finger and I just didn't feel right. After not being satisfied with my surgeon, my husband and I went to see Dr. Mahmoud. He took the time to REALLY talk to us and explained what was happening. We were very impressed and felt so comfortable that we knew he was what we wanted in a surgeon. Dr. Mahmoud even called me to see if I had any questions! Dr.'s asst. Nathan Tapio, APNP, CNOR was also wonderful!
in Shawano, WI |
I had surgery on my lower back March 4, 2016. I feel so much better and returned to work on June 2, 2016. I can not thank Dr. Mahmoud enough to have bestowed upon me his medical abilities with such a wonderful outcome. I am so happy that I feel good! His nurse, Nathan Tapio has been a lot of help with questions I had after my surgery and at my appointments. Keep up the great work! I would recommend you to everyone. If you are heading down the road to surgery, please call Dr. Mahmoud.
in Appleton, WI |
I had back surgery for pinned nerves in the lower back. after surgery I had very little pain and now can do most of my normal movements. After about 1 year of pain I am getting back to normal. thank you Dr. Mahmoud.
in Appleton, WI |
He was a very caring and knowledable Spinal Surgeon who performed back Surgery on march 16,2016. I am doing real well and have been packing to move home I have only minimal pain.. . pleased and. I would recommendt my walking so straight.already to his great surgery He is very caring about your careall throughout your healing time also!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in Neenah, WI |
I had a herniated disk and tried chiropractors, muscle relaxants, ice and then Dr. Mahmoud offered the outpatient disk surgery. The surgery instantly took my pain away. My recovery time was a bit longer than I had anticipated. Icing my back often daily, no driving for 3 weeks, but worth the wait. Dr. Mahmoud and his assistant Nathan are there for you if you need them, just call and they will get back to you. Successful surger, very pleased.
in Menasha, WI |
I first met Dr. Mahmoud on December 31, 2015. I was in excruciating pain! I was in so much pain, that I could not even sit in a chair and I was scrunched on the floor! From the moment he walked in the door and took my hand, I knew that he was the Surgeon that would take awesome care of me! I had surgery on my L5-S1 Microsurgical Discectomy Jan.8,2016. When I woke up from surgery I was no longer in pain from my injury for the first time since July 1, 2015! Dr. Mahmoud was very compassionate!
in Appleton WI |
My mom Barbara had surgery from Dr . Mahmoud In Jan 2016 We can not say enough about the experience we had Not only is he a fabulous surgeon he has a fabulous personality explains everything so you can understand that and makes you feel so comfortable and make sure that you have the decision of what you want And the most important is that he got her to almost zero pain She had a surgery from a different dr a year ago and had no results she ended up with more problems than she started with
in Appleton, WI |
I have been in pain for a few years. Dr. Mahmoud has helped me be able to walk without being uncomfortable with every step. Although me comfort level is much improved, me mood has improved. I now am able to be out and about with family and friends. Thank you Dr.. Dr. Mahmoud,s gentle reassuring nature as he explained the necessary procedure allowed me to place my trust in him.
in Stevens Point, WI |
I had Spinal Stenosis and was in a lot of pain and could not do many of the things I used to do. My surgery was complicated but went well. I am very satisfied and thankful for the excellent services provided by Dr.Mahmoud and his staff. I now have a new lease on life.
in Appleton, WI |
My mom has had multiple docs over the course of 15 years. All of them have said they will not operate. My parents found out about Dr Mahmoud and he not only took her, but he made both of them feel very comfortable. After surgery, he was forceful but kind. He wanted her to walk and that would only happen if she got out of bed. She hated him at the time , but now it is 7 weeks after the surgery, and I finally see her walking straight. She loves him to death and would recommend him to anyone!
in Appleton, WI |
He himself is a very good doctor. But I must say, scheduling is not the easiest and the wait times are horrendous. I have only seen him 2 times and both times I have had to wait. The first time it was over an hour and when I finally said something, then I was told there was an emergency that morning. Staff didn't think to tell me that it was going to be a bit. The second time I went, there were computer problems and I waited 45 minutes past my scheduled appointment.
in Hortonville WI.I |
Explained in detail my condition and listened to all our concerns and questions. Did not hurry thru office visits and spent as much time as needed to make sure all our questions where answered.
in Columbus, Ohio |
Dr Mahmoud simply gave me my life back. I am walking today because of Dr Mahmoud. My surgery was two years ago. At that time, I was unable to walk any distance or participate in daily living. Dr Mahmoud performed a laminectomy and fusion front S1 to L2 including a revision of L4 to L5. His precision and expertise have been amazing. From recovery until today, I have had no lower back pain. If I need any further surgery, I will travel to Wisconsin rather than risk another failed surgery.
in Green Bay, WI |
Very Friendly, educate on what the procedure entails what to expect and when to expect
Have you seen Dr. Akram H. Mahmoud, DO?
Are you Dr. Mahmoud?

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Mahmoud has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mahmoud does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mahmoud and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Mahmoud's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
  • Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Mahmoud

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Mahmoud's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Mahmoud

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients