Dr. Akhtar Purvez, MD

Dr. Akhtar Purvez, MD

Pain Management  ·
Dr. Akhtar Purvez, MD is a pain management specialist in Charlottesville, VA and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Government Medical College Srinagar in 1981 and specializes in pain management and anesthesiology.

1807 Seminole Trl Ste 201

Charlottesville, VA 22901

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia

Learn about Dr. Purvez

See how frequently Dr. Purvez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Trigger Point Injection
Autoimmune Diseases

Dr. Purvez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Purvez "I believe in working closely with my patients and their families and offering them advanced technology to help them live a healthy and productive life."

• Pain Management
  • Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*
  • Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Government Medical College Srinagar
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • The Brooklyn Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Boston University General
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • University Of Virginia Health System
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Purvez has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Purvez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Purvez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Purvez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Purvez to family and friends

Dr. Purvez's Performance

I would recommend Dr. Purvez to anyone who is suffering from pain. On the first visit, he helped control more than half of my pain. I've been very pleased with his work ethic & treatment plan. If you're in pain, go see him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Purvez was highly recommended to me by another doctor and physical therapy. I am very glad that I saw him. I had a lot of pain in the shoulder and lower back. After evaluation, he recommended a procedure. The procedure was initiated and today I'm pain free. I'm a very happy person now. He...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very gifted pain management specialist......excellently skilled Doctor.....also a very approachable and and compassionate human being....not a common combination....so grateful for his help....has made a tremendously positive difference in my ability to live with spinal arthritis in a much more...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Coming all the way from Lynchburg has to mean that he is doing a good job. He shows he cares about his patients. He listens to my needs and is doing his best to fix them. I have only had 2 visits but I hope by the end of it all, my issues are fixed.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Purvez and staff was awesome. I have been going through so much lower back pain for over week $150 later he has me on my way to recovery. However the disease I have is not curable but treatable but i feel comfortable with him. I would recommend his services to anyone you will love him and...more
Are you Dr. Purvez?