Dr. Akhil Jay Khanna, MD

Dr. Akhil Jay Khanna, MD

Orthopedic Neck Surgery | Male | 45 years old

Dr. Khanna specializes in Orthopedic Neck Surgery and practices in Bethesda, MD. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Khanna? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Khanna's Experience

See how Dr. Khanna's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Khanna

Dr. Khanna accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Khanna has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Khanna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khanna to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Khanna
Dr. Khanna's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (42)
Lewes, DE |
Dr. Khanna gave me my life back and my children they're mother back. I can now hold my grandchildren. I can play with them. I can walk up straight now, I haven't done that in 19 years. I am now going to go on a bus tour of out west. We are going to start living again and it's because I had the best Surgeon ever. his office staff is wonderful also. I have recommended him to so many people. I couldn't hug him enough. Thank you Dr. Khanna for helping me enjoy my grandbabies.
in Vienna, VA |
I have been seeing D. Khanna for two years. He helped me resolve one painful episode, which had a good outcome. I had a fall in March which sent me into a downward spiral with my scholiosis and spinal stenosis. After an unbearable, painful five months, he decided to do a back and front surgery. At that time, I was on quite a bit of pain medicine and was constantly using ice, to help deal with the extreme pain. Surgery was 7 weeks ago and I am really feeling great! Dr. Khanna is excellent!
in Fairfax Station, VA |
I had a pretty severe double curve Scoliosis of my spine. Dr. Khanna did not minimize my issues or pain, nor jumped right to surgery. He was very through prior to moving forward with my surgeries, first one 8/11/16; and 2nd one 9/23/16. Both my husband and I feel extremely blessed to have Dr. Khanna in our corner, and I am feeling so much better now and even gained back an inch of height post surgery. You could not choose a better doctor to help you regain your life back than Dr. Khanna!
Frederick, MD |
I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone.We spent 2.5 hours until we saw him.He did not explain what he was going to do. He did not go over my MRIs or CTs with me.If you are going to have to have major complex surgery I feel the doctor needs to explain what he is going to do.I found the PAC very condescending. If you are overweight I would not go to this doctor.I felt the doctor/PAC did not want to deal with me due to my complex situation. He gives John Hopkins a bad name,not going back.
Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Khanna spent four minutes with me. His PA (very condescending) spent about 10 minutes staring and typing at the computer, asking questions that I was already mid-sentence answering. His PA incorrectly wrote down history and symptoms. In total, waited over an hour and half to be seen by PA and Dr. Khanna. No discussion of what prompted new set of symptoms or potential courses of therapy. Very frustrating.
in Burke, VA |
I am so thankful for Dr. Khanna and his staff for the wonderful care they gave me. Dr. Khanna and his assistant John explained everything clearly before surgery and were very thorough in follow-up visit. The office called the day I came home to check on me. Both Dr. Khanna and John were helpful, knowledgeable and very kind. I felt safe in their care and the surgery was a great success. The office staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Khanna to anyone needing his skill
in Annapolis, MD |
As a patient who has had a number of surgeries for a number of conditions in the last few years, i am extremely satisfied with my experience with Dr. Khanna. I found every phase in the process to be very well handled and professional by he and his staff. Not only was the office part informative and helpful, but the hospital experience itself one of the best I've personally experienced. A special shoutout should also be given to how his staff met all of my family's needs during our experience.
in Gaithersburg |
Dr. Khanna was my 4th opinion on whether or not to get my 3rd surgery. 3outta4 doctors(including Dr.Khanna) said surgery. I went with Dr. Khanna because of his demeanor and the way he explained things. I am now 4mos post op from a 7lvl laminectomy with fusion. I am almost pain free. I would recommend him, but if you also look at his pedigree (went to John's Hopkins and now works with them) you can see he is a sharp, knowledgeable man who really cares about his patients. Thank u Dr. Khanna
in Herndon, VA |
I am extremely grateful that Doctor Khanna performed my minimally invasive lumbar fusion this past January. The competency of Dr. Khanna and his team was inspiring, and I could not have been luckier that he was the physician that performed the surgery. The fact that I am walking and standing with much less pain has been a long awaited miracle. I know that he has probably perform many surgeries in a given year, but I want to let him know that I am forever grateful. With my deepest regards, MBS
Washington, DC |
I was seeking for second opinion for my neck/shoulder pain. I found Dr. Khanna via googling. He took his time to study my issues and explained to me what needed to be done. He clearly told me the risk and benefits of the procedure. My operation went smoothly. He has helped me to feel better. My pain before the surgery was 70-80% gone. He is an amazing surgeon.
in Mitchellville, MD |
I had Spine Surgery with wonderful results. Going from my pain being at 10, to 0 after surgery.I definitely recommend Dr Khanna to anyone who has spine problems of any type.
in Bethesda, MD |
I have had two lower back surgeries with Dr. Khanna. In both cases he provided clear explanations of the problem and procedures and sought to be as minimally invasive as was warranted. I always felt in good hands. My back feels better than it has in years.
in Gainesville, VA |
Performed a Lumbar fusion September 2015. Very compassionate about his patients and his work. Extremely great followup since fusion. Pays attention to detail.
in Manassas, VA |
Dr. Khanna saved my life! After two previous surgeries and a staff infection, my back collapsed (broke). Thank God I was referred to Dr. Khanna from Johns Hopkins because he was able to rebuild my back. In addition to his unbelievable surgical skills, Dr. Khanna also is tremendously kind and uncommonly good at communicating with patient and family. Dr. Khanna understands the importance of the mind/body connection which so many other surgeons do not. I owe Dr. Khanna my life!
Have you seen Dr. Akhil Jay Khanna, MD?
Are you Dr. Khanna?

Compare Dr. Khanna

Dr. Khanna's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Neck Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Khanna has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Khanna's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Radiculopathy
  • Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Cervical Spondylitis
  • Cervical Spondylolisthesis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Ear Disorders
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Completed in 2004

Georgetown University

Graduated in 1991

• Hindi

Dr. Khanna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khanna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Neck Surgery

• Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.