Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Ajmal Hameed, MD
Dr. Ajmal Hameed, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Jacksonville, FL. He is 50 years old. Dr. Hameed is affiliated with Saint Vincent's Medical Center Riverside, Saint Vincent's Medical Center Southside and Memorial Hospital.

3627 University Blvd S Ste 550

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Hameed

Partnering with patients to provide quality care that focuses on individual needs.

Dr. Hameed's Experience

Dr. Hameed's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

• Punjab State Medical Faculty
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Hameed has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hameed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hameed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hameed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hameed to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Hameed's Performance
    POOR
    POOR
in Jax. Florida. |
Dr Jmal's low rating for referral from his patients, should be a good indicator of this individual's care for his patients. He is just another quack, who is only concerned? with rushing through his patients. This is so he can bilk the insurance companies for more office visit charges. I am just another victim who will not be referring anyone to this Dr.
Agree with most recent review. The staff changes are noticeable to the patients. Smiling faces and providers who are more attentive then before. My husband is very sick and when I called I spoke with KJ who comforted me when I cried, she asked if I needed numbers for support. I requested a callback from the doctor and he called back shortly after. Several weeks ago the staff was different and the level of care is much better now. Thumbs up
Windermere, FL |
His staff at the Riverside office was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. Not so much at Memorial, the wait was way past my appointment time. The girl that calls to remind you of your appointment needs to speak slowly and clearer. Couldn't understand her message at all. I used caller id to see who and why she called!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I did not even get to see the doctor. I went to the office, which they don't bother to tell you is in the hospital, so you drive around for 15-20 minutes just looking for the building. Once I got there the waiting room was packed and I asked if they were running behind and was told they weren't. After waiting 45 after my appointment, I still hadn't been seen and there were patients still in front of me. At that point, i just left. I won't see a doctor who doesn't value their patients time.
Jacksonville, FL |
Disorganized office. Appointment took 1 hour 15 minutes, would have taken longer if I hadn't walked out. 45 minutes to get checked in. Then, after waiting in the exam room for 15 minutes, the PA came in and said the test results I was there to receive weren't in the file and she would need to check on them. 15 minutes later, I left the room, she was in the hall and said they were waiting on the results to be faxed and she would call when they arrived. No apology for wasting my time!
Jacksonville, FL |
very unpleasant experiences with him. He supposed to do both endoscopy and colonoscopy on my dad and he forgot if he's done the colonoscopy because for some reason the report is missing. he rushes you without giving you detailed answers and just want to finish. also unpleasant experience with my dad when he performed ERCP for his gallbladder
Jacksonville, Florida |
Inattentive & inept. if you have a potentially serious condition Please, please do NOT waste your time with this physician. He is only interested in lining his pockets at your expense. Office staff was pleasant, enough. However, that will not benefit your health. Trust me, look elsewhere for your health care.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. only spent 3-5 minutes with me before ordering a colonoscopy and endoscopy procedure. After that was done, they didn't find anything related to my symptoms so he just ordered me to take an organ spasm medication to "see if it helps" - it was like shooting in the dark and hoping to hit a target. The prescription never helped and I refused to go back. Going to Borland Groover Clinic now
in Jacksonville, FL |
Does not listen, spent less than 5 minutes in room and berated patient. Horrible bedside and not helpful
in Jacksonville, FL |
First of all I am not a hard person to deal with, but this doctor and his office staff are horrible. The initial consultation was a joke. The doctor came in and asked a few questions and was done in 3 minutes. He already knew that he was ordering an endoscopy b/c he didn't listen to any of my complaints or concerns. They don't care about their patients and are just looking to make as much money as possible. The office staff are rude and very unhelpful. If only zero stars was a thing...
in jacksonville, fl |
I had an Ablation that went wrong,my stomach was punctured and I was unable to eat or drink anything, Dr. Hameed put in a feeding tube, never told me how to clean it, just put it the tube and taped it up. well I left the hospital and was told to do a follow up with him. I called and made a appointment and 2 days later I was called back and told he would not see me because he did not take my insurance,so go to Er for removal of tube. Awful.
in Jacksonville, FL |
If I could leave zero stars I would. Incompetent reception staff, lengthy wait times for exactly three minutes with the Doctor, who refuses to listen to you. I explained four times he had the paperwork from a hospital visit from over a year prior and gave me a medication for an unrelated illness. Takes between 2-3 days for a prescription written and on two occasions did not send my paperwork within a week to a specialist he referred me to.
in Jacksonville, FL |
As others have said, waited an excessive amount of time to see the doctor. 5 minute evaluation because he was more concerned with whatever was on his iPhone while he was talking to me. Never even touched me to do an exam; scheduled a colonoscopy for 1 month later. Billed my insurance for level 4 office visit also. While in hospital, he would walk in my room, ask how I felt and leave. Yet billed me every single day for services rendered. Talk about bad - please go see someone else
in Lexington, KY |
One of the best doctors I have had the privilege of working with! Wish he was here!
in Jacksonville, FL |
Never go to this Dr. Waited 55 minutes for a 10 minute appointment, 5 minutes of which was spent on his iPhone arguing about his charges with a car rental guy! Later, as I was sitting waiting for my ride and Dr. Hameed was leaving the building, he didn't even say hello to me!Very rude!
Jacksonville, FL |
Barely even touched me. Didn't even have me get on the table to examine my abdomen. CT scan recently showed enteritis. I have a history of perial rectal abcess and fistula and he didn't even consider examining me there. Less than five minutes face time with doctor Hameed if you don't count when he ANSWERED HIS CELLPHONE!! Just recommended prebiotics and wanted to schedule a colonoscopy. First appointment is in a month. Arrived on time, 7 people ahead of me, 30min wait for paperwork. ChopShopDoc!
in Jacksonville fl |
Not an in depth provider. His office is unorganized, the staff is overwhelmed and inefficient. He is not helpful, doesn't listen or understand Chrons disease.
Jacksonville, FL |
You wait close to an hour, standing room only, and see him for 2 minutes.
in Jacksonville, FL |
MA put me in a room & forgot about me. Never did vital signs. Dr. spoke to me for 2 min from the door way. Never did H&P, Exam, vitals, ROS, chief complaint..nothing. Yet he billed my insurance for a level 4 office visit! I wouldn't recommend this practice to my worst enemy.
Have you seen Dr. Ajmal Hameed, MD?
Are you Dr. Hameed?