Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Ajith Purush, MD
Dr. Ajith Purush, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Prescott, AZ. He is 54 years old. Dr. Purush is affiliated with Yavapai Regional Medical Center - West Campus.

Apurva Advanced Medical Care

722 N Montezuma St

Prescott, AZ 86301

• CoreSource
  • Principal Life
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

Learn about Dr. Purush

Dr. Purush's Experience

Dr. Purush's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Education data for Dr. Purush is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Purush has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Purush does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Purush and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Purush's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Purush to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Purush's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
The initial visit started with a comprehensive health information form that made one feel confident with the professionalism of the doctor's care. So pleased they had four office assistants answering questions, making follow-up appointments, new procedures and phoning in prescriptions. Dr. Purush was very kind and asked many questions about my general health. His exam with careful and thorough, finding a concern previously missed. So very pleased to recommend his care to others.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr Purush has been my Dr for many years. He truly has his patients' best interest at heart. My health is complicated having Crohns and breast cancer. Dr Purush has always been there for me, when other drs are NOT, ....to assist me in whatever I need to maintain my health. I feel blessed to have him as my well informed, educated, passionate, caring dr. Dr Purush's staff is friendly, helpful and will always follow through. Thank you ??????
Prescott, AZ |
Have seen Dr. Purush twice and have every confidence in him. He is extremely knowledgeable, caring and gives recommendations for me to help in my health care management. I'm appreciative that Dr. Purush listens and is very thorough. On top of that...he is very kind.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Purush is the best doctor in town. They went out of the way to get me in on short notice when I was ill. Everyone in the office is friendly and helpful. He is my doctor for life.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr Purush is a very good doctor with great supporting staff. I was on cholesterol medication for a number of years. Dr. Purush actually gave me advice of what supplements to take that I received over the counter. After six months, I am off statin prescription drugs. Nice to see a medical professional with healthy alternatives.
Prescott, AZ |
He takes his time and is not in a hurry and listens. Gives good advise.
in Dewey, AZ |
My husband and I are patients of Dr. Purush and agree he is an excellent physician. Dr Purush doesn’t hesitate to refer to a specialist when needed and always listens to any questions or concerns we have. His judgement and advice have never failed us. We respect that he is to the point without being abrupt and obviously cares a great deal about his patients. Truly an outstanding doctor. The entire staff is the best, caring, friendly and efficient. We highly recommend Dr Purush at Apurva Medical.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Purush is an absolute awesome man and Doctor. He has the best personality in working with patients. He takes his time and clearly explains anything that he finds wrong. He is up to date on new care procedures which is critical when you have a debilitating disease and is able to share all the pros and cons of any procedure. He is incredibly knowledgeable and is so very smart. He runs his office very well making you feel that you are the most important person. I recommend him 10 fold.
in Prescott, AZ |
I find him human. He actually reviews your health with you and makes recommendations that are beneficial and easy to follow. He has a sense of humor and actually laughs at my jokes.
in Prescott, AZ |
New to Prescott, got Dr. Purush's name from Yavapai Medical and was able to get an appointment within a couple of weeks. Saw the Dr. and he was very through for my first visit. Reviewed my history and all my meds and made a few suggestions for additional supplements he felt would help me. Provided referrals to two local specialists that I needed. Office staff and PA were very friendly and professional. Have seen him a couple of additional times and it has been good. I recommend him.
in Prescott, AZ |
I would recommend Dr. Purush to everyone. He has seen me through cancer, hernia issues and now diabetes. He is brilliant and does listen to what you say.
in Prescott, AZ |
I cannot say enough about Dr Purush and his staff. They spent non-rushed time with me and ensured all aspects of my health were discussed. Referrals to specialists were easy and recommended physicians have been great. Do not hesitate to visit Dr Purush!
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr Purush is very sharp. He knows medicine. I have gone there since he opened. He stays after you to live healthy. He has referred me out twice for important tests,then suggested good specialists to see. I totally trust his judgement. His office staff and computer portal are excellent. Prescott is lucky to have a really good primary care who is board certified in internal medicine.
in Prescott, AZ |
Terrible Doctor! It's a shame Prescott has so few general practice doctors to choose from. Dr. Purush dispensed expired medication to me, was reluctant to redo a test that obviously had erroneous results but when he finally agreed, the results came back normal barely saving me from a useless MRI, he yells at patients, and is just thoroughly dispicable. Please....don't subject yourself to this so called doctor.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Purush is extremely compassionate and empathetic. He cared for my husband for several years prior to his death from a myriad of health issues. He was responsive, knowledgeable, and kind. He is my doctor as well.
in Prescott, AZ |
He listens to me. He is very kind and patiently explains when I have questions. I sort of dismissed some symptoms I was having as "old age", but he scheduled a test in order to accurately assess my condition. His demeanor inspires confidence.
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Have been to many health providers over my 75 years and find Dr. Purush to be First Rate. I fully recommend Dr. Purush.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Purush shows a genuine interest and caring about me as his patient. I appreciate his willingness to help me with my questions and concerns and management of my hypertension. His office staff is consistently available to help with perscription renewals and appointment scheduling. I don't hestitate to refer my friends to Dr. Purush. Sincerely, J. Kolstad
prescott, az |
Profound experience and compassion for his patients.
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Very knowledgeable and intelligent doctor who has helped to save my life on very many occasions with very serious issues. Always caring and does his best in handling every illness which are very unique. Always has best treatment available.
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Dr. Purush has been my physician for a couple of years and feel that I am in very good hands. He is very knowledgeable and caring. Additionally, he is very open and approachable with a delightful sense of humor. I just left him after my annual physical and his best advice is to go live life. With him covering my back and in my corner, I'll do just that.
in Prescott, AZ |
Highly intelligent and compassionate.
in Prescott, AZ |
He is very kind and caring, he listens to the concerns presented and makes the appropriate referrals and recommendations. He is very easy going with an approachable demeanor, which helps you feel comfortable discussing difficult topics.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Purush is a patient's advocate. When my husband needed a specialist, Dr. Purush used his networking capabilities to get him the very best. He is definitely a doc you can trust to do his very best for you!
in Prescott, AZ |
Considers all types of medicine and cures
in Prescott,valley AZ |
I have been going to Dr, Pursh for four and half years, I am 72 years old and I have seen many cracks in my day. Dr, Purush is the most amazing Dr, I have ever had and will have, he has seen me through many serious conditions, the emergency room Dr, recommended him I am so thankful to have him Thank You Dr, Purush, Sonja W.
in Prescott, AZ |
I would not recommend Dr. Purush. He missed my PSA double from 2013 (1.4) to 2014 (2.8) to June 2015 (5.2), and January 2016 334. I now have aggressive prostate cancer, inoperable stage 4 that is in my lymph nodes in the abdomen, chest and neck. Chemotherapy scheduled to start next week.
in Prescott, AZ |
Two years ago my blood work indicated that I was anemic. I was in a big city at that time receiving care at a large medical center. Despite numerous tests those doctors were unable to determine any cause of my anemia. I just continued to live with it until moving to Prescott last year. Dr. Purush gave me new patient lab tests and discovered the anemia was still present. He then ordered more specialized blood and urine tests and discovered that I have a blood cancer. He saved my life.
in Prescott, AZ |
We'd like to make a positive recommendation for Apurva and Dr. Purush. He is very knowledgeable + kind. We'd also like to compliment his staff. Goodness + kindness always comes from the top.
in Prescott, AZ |
Amazing and caring about our needs.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Purush is an excellent listener who truly loves his patients. I never feel rushed when I go to his office. His medical advice is excellent. I highly recommend him as a physician who remains well informed in his profession.
in Chino Valley, AZ |
Very detailed, a thinker type of Doctor. Caring and has hospital privileges, so he can take care of you in the hospital as well. Thats very important, because the hospitalists don't know you like your primary doctor does. Have had some troubles with staff, but Josh seems to be working with that issue very well.
in Prescott, AZ |
Excellent diagnostician, proactive, extremely caring, listens to and partners with his patients - is a true patient advocate. Dr. Purush takes time to answer questions, listens carefully to patient history, makes referrals when needed, has great contacts within the medical community, and is genuinely concerned about patient welfare. Have found him to be an excellent choice for my ongoing medical care. Front office staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.
Snohomish, WA |
Would NOT recommend Dr. Purush for anyone who needs a caring, proactive doctor for someone over 55 years of age.
Have you seen Dr. Ajith Purush, MD?
Are you Dr. Purush?