Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male

Dr. Varanasi

Tampa Bay Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrinology Center

5775 5th Ave N Saint Petersburg, FL 33710

Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL. He specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Varanasi accepts

Dr. Varanasi accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
CHAMPVA
Commercial Insurance Company
Community Health Choice
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
Employer Group PPO
Husky Health
inHealth
INTotal Health
Medicaid
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MedHealthInsurance
Simply Healthcare Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Varanasi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Varanasi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hypothyroidism

Dr. Varanasi treats Hypothyroidism more than 100% of his peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Varanasi treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 100% of his peers

Diabetes Type 2

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

4.0

Dr. Varanasi?
Dr. Varanasi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD
The blonde at the front is the rudest secretary I've ever met! Her name is jillian. The staff at the front desk are very rude. Dr. Varanasi is a good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
It can be difficult finding to find a physician who is skilled in his field and is backed up with staff who are professional and friendly. This office provides both; and for this reason I have added Dr. Varanasi to my list of valued physicians.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
RUDE AND ARROGANT. I have a Master's degree from Vanderbilt University and I am a high school Biology teacher. I took my 78 year old mother into this office for her diabetes. After they, INCORRECTLY, said my mother was taking to much of medication, I ask for a call back from the N.P. The receptionist called me back. I ask her to clarify a word she used. She told me I should look it up and perhaps I should call back later since I did not want to hear what she was saying.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
If you are reading this review, please take in strong consideration choosing another MD. For years I struggled with Thyroid issues and had this Doctor dismiss my concerns. One day, I luckily got to see his covering MD. I was so amazed at the level of care I had gotten from just one visit. She went in detail about my concerns and ordered tests to help identify my issues. Only for me to come back and follow up with Dr. V and having him yet again dismiss me. He was very disrespectful! Being a healt
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
This is a great place. From the front door, where a great reception is exactly what you get, to the clinical staff that not only care but take the time to be sure you understand, this is the only place I will go. We moved to Central Florida and we drive 2 hours to come for appointments. We were running late to the last appointment and Jill called us to be sure we were coming. what great caring she showed. They make sure your health is their main focus. Love this place and Dr. V. Recommend highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Well-trained, bright doctor! He is careful, caring and thorough. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
These reviews are so fake! The blonde at the front is the rudest secretary I've ever met! Her name is jillian and both my coworker and I will never return to that office because of how horribly we were both treated. I am a hospital administrator so I know proper service. She was even yelling at a patient on the phone. She then threatened me with a $25 cancelation fee and I dare her to charge me! Dr. Varanasi, get rid of that girl ASAP if you care about your office being successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
I visited doctor for the first time 2 month ago. He did not said any new things to me that I already know, I have diabetic 2 for 3 years and A1C go up. My last doctor retired so I had no choice as find another one. I need to put my sugar level under control because its drives me crazy. I have to wait for new blood test and have 2nd appointment soon. Will see if anything will help. Staff are great! Easy to make appointment.
Quack.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Been seeing Dr for 6 months now - already have my Type II under control. Also looking like medication in the future can be discontinued. Absolutely recommend Dr. Varanasi to family and friends. His office is clean and organized, his staff is wonderful. They are extremely knowledgeable and make you feel welcome and have a calming affect once you enter the office. Hope you never wind up with Diabetes - but if you do - this is the Guy you want to see !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
I have been a patient for several years and find Dr Varanasi to be very current and up to date on the latest in the fast evolving treatments and medicines. He is good at explaining his recommendations in layman’s terms and answering questions. His administrative and support staff are extremely courteous and efficient in helping him to stay close to his appointmem schedule resulting in very little wait times. I have recomended him to friends and family members who are also satisfied.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND DR. VARANASI AND HIS STAFF THEY ARE THE BEST.. I HAD TO CALL "ROB" TO CALL MY INSURANCE COMPANY TO GET APPROVAL FOR MY INSULIN PENS. HE DID IT ONCE AND IT WAS DONE, NO PROBLEMS ALSO MY PEN NEEDLES.. THE NEXT DAY I GOT A CALL IT WAS ALL DONE FOR ME.. HE IS SO NICE AND PROFESSIONAL.. A FABULOUS ASSET TO THIS OFFICE, JUST LIKE THE GIRLS.. THANK YOU ALL
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Been a patient of his for 1 year and Doctor Varanaski is a wonderful physician whom I trust completely gave 3 stars due to his secretary, the blonde at the front desk. She has no business working at a Dr office. She was nasty to me also every patient, cursing at them on phone, yelling personal information across a full wait room all now know I see an infectious disease doc and my address due to a $40 balance and demanded I pay when I never even received a bill. The nurses and new doc are awesome
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Very gracious and kind staff- Keisha and Jillian are 5 stars. Dr V treats my mom and dad with care and respect and the new doc -Claudia P.A. is just very wonderful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
My first visit was today. Keisha & Jillian at the front desk were so helpful. Then I met Rob the assistant and he listened to my concerns and made me feel secure I was in good hands. After that I met the resident doctor who examined me and gave the doctor her assessment understanding my ailments. Dr. Varanasi was very nice and listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. I can’t say enough how wonderful my first visit went. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Dr. Varanasi's office staff were able to get me in quickly for an appointment after finding abnormal ultrasound results. He was efficient with getting a biopsy done and getting my results back so we could plan the the next step in my care. They are compassionate and kind at his practice. I highly recommend him to anyone with endocrine issues!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Dr Ajay Varanasi is a very competent and intuitive. He is also a good listener. Has been very progressive in his treatments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Dr. Varanasi and the entire staff was very cordial and accommodating. There was not a long wait to see the Doctor. They have helped me greatly with my issue. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is in need of this type of service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
This office is wonderful! The doctor and his staff are extremely professional and kind. I would recommend this office to anyone looking for an endocrinologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ajay Varanasi, MD?
Awesome care. Everyone there is so caring and professional they make you feel special and give you all the time required to address your needs. I can't believe it took me all these years to find them.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Varanasi?

Tampa Bay Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrinology Center

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Varanasi treats patients.

Palms Of Pasadena Hospital