Dr. Ainsworth Farrell, MD

Dr. Ainsworth Farrell, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Dr. Ainsworth Farrell, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in McKinney, TX. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Farrell is affiliated with Medical City McKinney and Methodist McKinney Hospital.

Dr. Farrell's Experience

See how Dr. Farrell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Farrell

Dr. Farrell accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Farrell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Farrell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Farrell to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Farrell's Performance
in Frisco, TX |
I have been Dr. Farrell's patient for several years. My experiences have all been good. Dr. Farrell is attentive and engaged. He spends time with me in each visit and genuinely cares about my health. I have recommended him to friends and family.
in Van Alstyne, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Farrell since December 2015. I have a history of lower back issues which require pain management. Dr. Farrell is attentive to my concerns and has helped me resolve the pain issues in a conservative manner as they arise. I am very happy to have found an excellent pain doctor in McKinney so no more trips into Dallas. I look forward to a long relationship with Dr. Farrell and would recommend his services to anyone I know that is looking for management of their pain.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Farrell takes time to listen to all your concerns. I never feel hurried.
Mckinney, TX |
Dr Farrell Is exactly how you hope every Dr you ever visit is. The man flat out knows his stuff !!!!!
Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Farrell took one look at my MRI and got me into the hospital the next day for an injection which took most of my pain away. Physical therapy helped with the rest of the arm pain and now I am basically pain-free. Dr. Farrell is friendly and explains any concerns I have. He does not rush through the exam time and I know that he will see me as quickly as he can if I should have more pain in the future. I definitely would recommend Dr. Farrell as a caring person/doctor to anyone with pain.
Mckinney, TX |
My visit with Dr. Farrell accomplished my objective was to determine the cause of my pain and how to reduce it. Although I had scheduled an appointment with a neurosurgeon as well, Dr. Farrell was really all I needed. The physical therapy that he prescribed as been effective at reducing the pain. Dr. Farrell's calm manner and willingness to take the time to discuss with me my issues was very much appreciated.
in McKinney |
Hi, my experience with Dr. Farrell has been great. He was able to seek the issues I was having and set up a treatment plan to help in eliminate the problem. His staff are great, and friendly. They are very professional. they ask questions that are direct and to the point. Dr, Farrell reads his notes from staff so when he come into room he knows what the issues are. The wait time is short.
Mckinney, TX |
Great doctor. Very knowledgeable and helped get the relief I needed
in Prosper, TX |
Dr. FARRELL appears to care about the needs of his patients.
in Little Elm tx |
Love him and staff.
Plano, TX |
Great experience and Dr. Farrell takes time to listen to your concerns and questions.
in McKinney, TX |
I was referred by a friend working in radiology and my son in law following my involved accident. I have allergies that make choice of medications challenging. Dr Farrell does not push pills. He is a true doctor. He listens, he advocates, he refers when needed. He seeks the right fit for you. If l need him l can get an appointment. His competent staff reflects his friendly care. He is mindful of your time. l have never waited more than a few minutes in his lobby. He remembers you. A Good Dr!
Wylie, TX |
Dr. Farrell comes highly recommended by me. I had extreme back pains where my life was miserable. After going to other doctors who misdiagnosed the problem, Dr. Farrell determined it was stenosis, administered a shot, and now I have no more pain. I recommend him highly.
in McKinney |
Getting into Dr. Farrell's office has been much easier that others. They try their best to make time for any patient. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone I know that has an injury.
Farmersville, TX |
Dr. Farrell is genuinely a caring doctor. He explained everything to me completely and I left his office very satisfied that he answered all of my questions. He gave a solid treatment plan and explained exactly what to expect from the treatment. My back pain is gone. His staff is very friendly and do the best they can to get you taken care of in a timely manner.
in Mckinney , TX |
I had a very professional and helpful experience with Dr. Ferrell. He took the time to listen to me and prescribed x-ray before suggesting any medical treatment. I was able to function again and have a life back. Eventually, i will need surgery, but his diagnosis, medical treatment and referal has been extremely necessary and helpful.He's a quiet mannered doctor, but polite, knowledgeable, and professional. Overall, excellence doctor and staff.
in Mckinney |
Dr. Farrell and his office staff have always been very curtious and helpful. I was able to get an appointment the next day which is unheard of these days. He was very concerned about my pain level and scheduled me for epidural injections within days. Immediately after the injections my pain was gone. After 15 months it's time for another injection and I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is awesome!
Mckinney, TX |
I went to Dr. Farrell for 3 months. I have 2 herniated disc in my neck. He would only use muscle relaxers and nerve medicine to try to help. Never really seamed to be fully vested in my recovery. I changed pain management docs and now things are bearable as I wait for surgery. I would not recommend him for pain management
New York, NY |
Staff arrived late in the morning, mean, unprofessional, billing errors over charging and no empathy for patients that are in pain. They would rather charge and say that they will place patient as a no show even though you are on the phone with them, not willing to work with you, especially knowing that you are in pain and requesting to reschedule the appointment. The manager would argue with you, being disrespectful, happy to waste time reading out loud their policy and belittling you.
in McKinney TX |
It was the worst and most disappointing experience I've had with a doctor wouldn't listen to my wants and needs and lied to me about a certain pain med that has been taken off the market and afternoon three different meds I gave up and looking for a new doctor
in Dallas, TX |
Changed to this doc on 1/1/16 due to my ins plan.Tried the refs from prior pain doc & PCP.None took my ins. Found this one. It has been one bad issue after another. He does not believe in pain meds. Prior doc took over 2 years to find the correct dosages and I was finally able to function again. So, now I have been cut off from 1 & the other he wants to reduce. He did an injection in the wrong area of my body.Lied to me in person about reasons;not allowed to prescribe Not true, I looked it up
in mckinney, Texas |
Horrible unprofessional lazy staff, the Dr is just as lazy, he never seems to know what's going with his patients or remember. Never seems to receive documents from other referring doctors. Don't waste your time or money on this doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Ainsworth Farrell, MD?
Are you Dr. Farrell?

Compare Dr. Farrell

}

Dr. Farrell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine

Dr. Farrell has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Farrell's Board Certifications

• Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Neuropathy
  • Hand Pain
  • Hip Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Pain
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

Temple University

Completed in 2006

Stony Brook U

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Farrell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Farrell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine