Dr. Aimee Perreira, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery | Female

Island Orthopaedics 550 S Beretania St Ste 503 Honolulu, HI 96813 Get Directions
Dr. Aimee Perreira, MD
My inspiration for pursuing medicine has always been rooted in a strong desire to help others. I was raised in a family that valued a strong work ethic and kindness to others. My goals are to provide compassionate care, service to my community, and improve the quality of life of my patients. I am experienced in hand, upper extremity, and microvascular reconstructive surgery as well as general orthopedic surgery. I was born and raised in San Jose, California. I earned my Bachelor of Science from San Jose State University. I also spent a year studying at the University of Hawaii at Manoa through the National Student Exchange Program during my undergraduate education. After graduating from college, I earned a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults through Cambridge University while teaching students in Poland. I then traveled to Cusco, Peru and completed a medical Spanish course while assisting local physicians in delivering healthcare to the underserved communities in the countryside. I went on to earn my medical degree from the University of California at Davis, where I served as a co-director for a volunteer, student-run clinic that provided healthcare to the poor. I also served on a medical mission trip to Guatemala during this time. I then completed my orthopaedic residency at the John A. Burns School of Medicine in Hawaii and spent an additional year completing a research fellowship. Following this, I pursued additional training in San Antonio, Texas, where I completed a one-year fellowship in Hand, Upper Extremity, and Reconstructive Microsurgery. During this time, I did volunteer work for the Helping Hands Educational Fund, an organization that provides educational opportunities to the homeless. In my free time, I enjoy running, yoga, and spending time with my family and friends. My husband Christian (a local boy from Haleiwa), son Dune, and I feel blessed to be back in Hawaii. I look forward to helping you with your hand, upper extremity, and orthopaedic needs.

Dr. Perreira's Care Philosophy

My goals are to provide compassionate care, service to my community, and improve the quality of life of my patients. I have experienced what it is like to be a patient under someone else's care, and I value the importance of the physician's kindness, competence, and caring, as well as the patient's recovery.

Dr. Perreira's Experience

See how Dr. Perreira's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Perreira

Dr. Perreira accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Perreira is now accepting new patients
Island Orthopaedics550 S Beretania St Ste 503
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 548-7033Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Perreira has admitting privileges.

Dr. Perreira's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Perreira to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Perreira's Performance
in Honolulu HI |
Very unprofessional staff I had a 10 am appt. Waited 30 minutes in the lobby then another 30 minutes in the room. I waited for the Dr but she went in another room so I leave and as I was leaving her staff laughing say " see ya later" Dr saw everybody that came after me I counted 10 people . I would never recommend her to anybody!
in Kailua, HI |
I met Dr. Perreira through my friend who needed reconstructive surgery for his hand. Dr. Perreira spent remarkable time analyzing his situation, and determining courses of action to save a finger. She was patient, kind and understanding to my friend and his wife. Without her knowledge and skill, her patient would have suffered immeasurably. She's a God send with a caring heart! Supremely competent! If I ever need a specialist for surgery, Dr. Perreira will be the first on my list to call.
in Honolulu, HI |
She performed surgery on our son. Her professionalism and ability to relate to him rather than directing all informational issues at us, his parents, made him very calm. She did an excellent job on his hand and was so thorough in her follow up. We would be very secure in having her care for all of our family members.
Wailuku, HI |
I was referred to Dr. Perreira for a UCL avulsion in my thumb. Being from off island, Dr. Perreira?s staff was very accommodating in arranging my initial appointments and all of my follow-up visits. From the very beginning, Dr. Perreira thoroughly explained my injury, options, surgery and recovery plan. Dr. Perreira and all of the Queens staff made me very comfortable during my surgery and my thumb and incision have healed beautifully. I highly recommend Dr. Perreira and Queen?s Hospital.
in Haleiwa, HI |
Dr. Perreira and her staff helped make the best of my situation when I visited the office with a torn MCL. Everyone made sure that I was comfortable and did their best to make sure all my concerns and questions were addressed. They were friendly, attentive, and the office staff did a great job following through with my imaging appointments and physical therapy. I'd recommend Island Orthopedics to anyone looking for excellent orthopedic care from a friendly group of doctors and staff.
Have you seen Dr. Aimee Perreira, MD?
Are you Dr. Perreira?

Compare Dr. Perreira

Dr. Perreira says...

My inspiration for pursuing medicine has always been rooted in a strong desire to help others. I was raised in a family that valued a strong work ethic and kindness to others. My goals are to provide compassionate care, service to my community, and improve the quality of life of my patients. I am experienced in hand, upper extremity, and microvascular reconstructive surgery as well as general orthopedic surgery.

I was born and raised in San Jose, California. I earned my Bachelor of Science from San Jose State University. I also spent a year studying at the University of Hawaii at Manoa through the National Student Exchange Program during my undergraduate education. After graduating from college, I earned a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults through Cambridge University while teaching students in Poland. I then traveled to Cusco, Peru and completed a medical Spanish course while assisting local physicians in delivering healthcare to the underserved communities in the countryside.

I went on to earn my medical degree from the University of California at Davis, where I served as a co-director for a volunteer, student-run clinic that provided healthcare to the poor. I also served on a medical mission trip to Guatemala during this time. I then completed my orthopaedic residency at the John A. Burns School of Medicine in Hawaii and spent an additional year completing a research fellowship. Following this, I pursued additional training in San Antonio, Texas, where I completed a one-year fellowship in Hand, Upper Extremity, and Reconstructive Microsurgery. During this time, I did volunteer work for the Helping Hands Educational Fund, an organization that provides educational opportunities to the homeless. In my free time, I enjoy running, yoga, and spending time with my family and friends. My husband Christian (a local boy from Haleiwa), son Dune, and I feel blessed to be back in Hawaii. I look forward to helping you with your hand, upper extremity, and orthopaedic needs.

Dr. Perreira's Care Philosophy

Dr. Perreira says...

I spent 6 years training in general orthopedic surgery and enjoy treating orthopedic injuries such as fractures, dislocations, and muscle strains. I spent an additional year training under some of the world's most highly regarded hand and plastic surgeons, Dr. David Green and Dr. William Pederson, respectively. Through this experience, I gained additional knowledge and skills in treating complex upper extremity conditions and wounds. I have been in practice for over a year now and look forward to the many years ahead. I genuinely love what I do!

Dr. Perreira's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Hawaii not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Broken Arm
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

The Hand Center Of San Antonio

Completed in 2015

San Jose State University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Perreira does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Perreira and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery