Dr. Aida Shanti, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility •  Female • Age 58

Dr. Shanti

Select Specialty Hospital Milwaukee

8901 W Lincoln Ave Fl 2nd Milwaukee, WI 53227

Dr. Aida Shanti, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Milwaukee, WI and has been practicing for 23 years. She specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Shanti accepts

Dr. Shanti accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check if Dr. Shanti treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Shanti's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shanti

3.1

Dr. Shanti?
Dr. Shanti's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Aida Shanti, MD
Dr. Shanti is wonderful! She is thorough, knowledgeable and does everything she can to eliminate issues that may decrease your chances for successful IVF. Her team is also very friendly, knowledgeable and you can tell they love working for her which shows a lot!! Many people say she has no bedside manner but I personally disagree and I think it’s your spouses and/or family’s job to support you during this process. If she was emotionally connected to every patient she would never be able to do her job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
I've seen a lot of bad reviews about Dr. Shanti. I've been with her and the team for over 18 months. I think she is awesome. If your goal is to beat infertility and have a child, she is the person you want. Contrary to a lot of these reviews, she is not cold hearted. Her personality is matter of fact and direct. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field. She knows what she is doing. She is up to date on current research and she is there to help you do what is BEST to reach your goal. She was never unkind to me. Neither she or her team were rude or disrespectful to me. Yes, she is busy. Yes, sometimes there is a delay in response times. Yes, sometimes there was confusion but IVF is a complex process. I don't understand where all these bad reviews come from but I am willing to put aside differences in personality for someone who KNOWS what they are doing and able to give me the gift of life. And that is exactly what she did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Shanti. After waiting for months to get in for a consult, I met with Dr. Shanti at Aurora, which is my in-network provider for my insurance, and I found her to be very cold. I wanted to discuss next steps in fertility treatment after having done several cycles of monitored ovulation and 3 IUIs. She only wanted to discuss doing IVF, and didn’t seem like she had time nor was she interested in discussing anything else. It was a 1-way conversation. I ended up doing IVF with a different and amazing out of network provider. Some things were more expensive as a result, but it was absolutely worth it. Dr. Shanti’s dismissiveness made me extremely uncomfortable, and while I imagine clinically she knows what she’s doing, when I tried to imagine all the personal treatment she would potentially be giving me, I decided to take up the search for a different provider, wait month for the consult (again), and ended up going that direction. I’m now 6 weeks pregnant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
I have 3 children thanks to Dr. Shanti and her staff. She is a good Doctor, but is very straight forward and blunt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
This was one of the worst healthcare experiences I’ve had. The doctor was rude, lacked empathy, and compassion. The doctor had not even taken the time to fully look into my chart and learn about me prior to coming in. The lack of respect that this provider gives to her patients is unnecessary. I spent $600 of my hard earned money for no answers and to be scolded about my medical history. I believe this provider needs Aurora’s management team to demand she take classes on how to treat people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
WORST doctor I've ever seen! The staff will tell you she's "blunt" and doesn't sugar coat things which I can handle but the complete lack of compassion and rudeness is another thing. She didn't treat me like a human being and told me I wouldn't conceive without in-vitro but didn't have any abnormal test results to back that up. I refused to go back to her and 3 months later my husband and I got pregnant on our own! I have complete disdain for Dr. Shanti and the staff isn't much better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti was very harsh. She only spent a few minutes with us during our initial consult. It seemed rushed. She also told my significant other his body is failing with very little sympathy. She is the worst doctor we have been to. Since going to her, we have found a caring and compassionate MD who has helped us to conceive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
I went to Dr. Shanti to discuss IVF options, as I am in a same sex relationship. Her staff was wonderful - she was one of the worst doctors I've encountered. She had a medical student with her & constantly berated her & said negative things when she asked questions. She was rude (mean, not arrogant like some MDs) & did not listen or care about what we would like from our IVF services. It also felt like her personal opinion of a same sex marriage was interfering with our meeting & our needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
I went to dr. Shanti for my infertility issue, after tests I came to know I am insulin resistance and have hormonal imbalance. She subscribed some medications and now I got everything under control. I found her very genuine and knowledgeable endocrinologist and fertility specialist. No doctor has detected my insulin resistance so far than dr. Shanti. She didn't gave me false hopes. I am still trying to conceive, no luck yet! I would like to continue to take treatment from her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?
She performed an HSG as part of my fertility checkup. She said my tubes blocked and IVF was my only option. 2 Ivf cycles later and nothing working I went for a second opinion and the doctor found a septum in my uterus.I had it resected. From my experience, doctor pushes IVF as the only available option without even doing a proper diagnosis. I went in with hopes and was very disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aida Shanti, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shanti?

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility