Dr. Ahmer Hussain, MD

Dr. Ahmer Hussain, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Hussain Family Practice 1001 N Broadway St, Poteau, OK 74953 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Hussain specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Poteau, OK. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Hussain? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hussain's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hussain's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hussain

Dr. Hussain accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hussain has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Hussain

Dr. Hussain's Review Details
3.8 based on 27 responses
Experience with Dr. Hussain
Dr. Hussain's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (27)
in Poteau, OK |
He is a sorry excuse for a dr. I can't get in to see him and when I do he sends a nurse in to take care of me. Not even a nurse practitioner just a nurse or whatever he is
Heavener |
It says he is accepting new patients but he isn't when I called. He is not open most of the time anyway. I need a dr I can trust and it's not going to happen at Dr Hussain. What a joke of a dr!
in Red Oak |
I have been his patient since 2005 and I am unable to get a patient with him. His staff will not answer the phone. The phone rings and rings or I get put on hold. I can't get my refills without my appointment. I need my blood pressure meds. I am going to find someone else who actually cares about their patients. I read some of the raving reviews and I think it must be a different Dr Hussain than the on in Poteau!
in Poteau, ok |
His staff is rude if you can get them to answer the phone. It takes at least 3 hours of waiting to see the Dr and then he spends 3 minutes doing what ever his nurse tells him to do!
in Red Oak, OK |
He has been my doctor since I was a kid. I am 25 now and still go to him for any medical needs. I have 2 kids of my own and I take them to him as well. He is great with people of all ages. I definitely always recommend him to all of my friends and family.
in Poteau, OK |
i have been a patient of Dr. hussains for 4 years and he has always treated me as if i were his only patient. His staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to make me feel like i am part of their family. I would encourage anyone looking for a new doctor to definitely consider Dr. Hussain.
in Wilburton, OK |
Him and his staff are very helpful. They are always willing to get me an appointment anytime I call and they take care of all of my needs. I have seen several doctors in my years, and he is by far the friendliest, always listens to my concerns, and takes care of my medical needs. I would recommend him to anyone of any age wanting to see a good doctor in this area.
in Poteau, OK |
I broke my hand last month and went to see dr. hussain and he was super nice and his staff was great!!!
in Poteau, OK |
I would recommend Dr. Hussain to anybody looking for a friendly, thorough doctor. His staff is very friendly and they are quick to fit me in for an appointment at the last minute, when most other doctors takes weeks to get in to see them. They really care about whats going on in my life medically and socially. They know you by name and seem to geniunely care about my situation. I even run into some of the staff at walmart in town and they still take time to talk to me and ask how im doing.
in Poteau, OK |
I was sick and had called three clinics and been told I could be seen, at the earliest, the following week. Called Dr. Hussain's clinic and got an appointment the same day I called. He was very understanding, treated me appropriately, and I was feeling better by the next morning. I will continue to see him for all of my medical needs.
in Heavener, OK |
Dr. Hussain is a great doctor. Always kind, friendly, and very compassionate. He has been my doctor for ten years and I would never want to see another family doctor. He has a great bedside manner, which is rare in physicians. I take all of my family to him from my babies to grandma!
Ft Smith, AR |
DR. HUSSAINS OFFICE WAS VERY PLEASANT AND SPEEDY ABOUT GETTING MY SON IN TO SEE HIM. I CALLED THAT MORNING AND THEY FIT ME IN THE SAME DAY. HE WAS VERY THOROUGH WITH HIS EXAM AND WAS AWESOME WITH MY SON. I WILL DEFINITELY REFER OTHER PEOPLE TO HIM.
Ft Smith, AR |
HE WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND REALLY SEEMED TO CARE ABOUT WHY I WAS THERE. HE ACTUALLY TOOK HIS TIME AND ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A NEW DOCTOR.
in Poteau, Ok |
He is a horrible Doctor. He sends his staff in to take care of you and doesn't do anything but say this is what's wrong with you and shove you out the door. I would not recommend him to anyone.
in Wister, OK |
Very good Doctor with a great friendly staff. Doc Hussain has taken very good care of me. He has been my doctor for over a year. He's now my sons doctor as well. Im an amputee caused by a car accident. Once one of his nurse practitioners noticed me holding my chest. I didn't think much of it myself. BUT, they caught my pneumonia infection before it got serious. WOW! That was awesome!!
Always good and always takes care of business efficiently.
Have you seen Dr. Hussain?
Are you Dr. Hussain? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Hussain

Why It Matters: Dr. Hussain's Board Certifications

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression

• Pap Smear
  • Physical Examination
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

University of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
    University Okla College Med

Completed in 1994

University Hospital University Okla College Med

Completed in 1996

Dr. Hussain has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Hussain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hussain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Hussain's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hussain

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hussain's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hussain

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients