Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Ahmed Mohamed, MD
AHMED SALEM MOHAMED, MD, MSc. Ortho, PhD.Ortho After my orthopedic surgery residency, I completed several fellowship programs: Advanced Reconstructive spinal surgery at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, and Adult Scoliosis and Trauma fellowships at the Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon. AO trauma fellowship in Switzerland and 2 years research fellowship at Johns Hopkins. Board Certifications Medical degree, Egypt 2000 Master's degree in Orthopedic Surgery (Egypt) 2004 Spine Research fellowship Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) 2009 AO fellow Trauma (Chur, Switzerland) 2010 Spine Clinical fellowship Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) 2011 Spine Clinical fellowship Oregon Health and Science University (Baltimore, MD) 2012 Doctoral Degree of Orthopedic Surgery (Egypt) 2012 Consultant orthopedic surgeon (Egypt) 2013 Memberships and Affiliations : *Member of the AOspine associate membership/2006-Current. *Member of the AO Alumni Association/2009-Current. *Member of ISASS "International society for the advancement of spine surgery" 2013-Current. *Member of the American academy of orthopedic surgeon "International member AAOS" 2014-Current. *Member of Scoliosis Research Society SRS "Candidate fellow of SRS" 2014-Current. *Member of North American Spine Society "NASS "2015-current. Practice Focus: Spine surgery: scoliosis, Degenerative, Infection, Tumors and Trauma Minimally invasive spine techniques. Disc replacement. General and Orthopedic trauma. Language Spoken: English, Arabic

Egyptian Spine Clinic

• Humana Benefit Plan of Illinois
  • Medicaid of Illinois
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Mohamed

I spend most of the visit time listening to my patient and then explaining clearly his/her condition and how I would manage it , I always give my patient the freedom to chose from treatment options that I could offer him/her .

Dr. Mohamed's Experience

Dr. Mohamed's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

Dr. Mohamed does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankylosing Spondylitis

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Fac Med, Zagazig U
  • OHSU Hospitals and Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • OSU Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Mohamed has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mohamed has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic, Egyptian
  • French

Dr. Mohamed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mohamed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mohamed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mohamed to family and friends
Dr. Mohamed's Performance
in Salem, IL |
When I first went to Dr. Mohamed the pain in my neck, shoulders and arms was unbearable. The symptoms caused by my neck were world spinning, dizziness, pain throughout my extremities and numbness in arms to finger tips. My first visit after telling Dr. Mohamed what I was experiencing he said this was caused by herniated disk in c3-4. At this point we made a plan and executed it. Six weeks after surgery I am pain free though I do still have numbness in hands but a far cry better than before.
Thanks John for your comment , wish full and speedy recovery .
in Mcleansboro, IL. |
** Dr Mohamed, did the cervical cortisone injection procedure yesterday at the outpatient Surgical Center in Centralia. Quality of care great, overall experience "Excellent"! The procedure itself is painful, only for a few moments, but you have to endure a little pain to get the benefits of the procedure. 1st day post procedure was quite beneficial. This was my first cervical procedure and I have had many cortisone injections to my lumbar spine. Highly recommend. **
Thanks Richard for your comment , always pleasure taking care of you .
in Nashville IL |
Great doctor cares and gives the riright help not what some or you want pills gives sound help only.
Thanks Keith, always my pleasure .
in Mt. Vernon IL. |
I really like Dr. Salem he is thorough and excellent at explaining your procedure. Every patient I have talked to has been satisfied with him. Very professional staff. I would recommend Dr. Salem to anyone seeking spine issues.
Thanks Diana for your nice comment and review
Two spinal surgeries (ACDF and lumbar MIS)! Very experienced Dr who listens and takes the time to get to bottom of problem/s. He does not hesitate to order appropriate tests to arrive at correct diagnosis. My experience with numerous Dr's tells me he is among the best!
Thank you very much for your trust and nice comment.Your opinion is very much appreciated
in Hoyleton IL |
I was so pleasantly surprised at the amazing fast scheduling I was able to set up. The doctor was very informed and explained my back issue even using an interactive display so I could understand and see what he talked about . Then he went through a complete discussion of all my options for treatment and their pros and cons . I thought he did a fantastic job of taking the time to explain everything. The office crew were pleasant, professional and helpful as well. The experience was first rate .
Thanks very much for your comment. It was great seeing you .
St Louis, MO |
Dr. Salem is very intentive, he actually makes you feel like he cares about needs. He explains your problems in detail and goes over every plan thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone without a doubt.
Thanks very much for your trust, always pleasure taking care of you .
in ENFIELD |
Two surgeries by Dr. Salem and would not let any other Dr. touch my back! Cervical fusion and laminectomy in October and after recovery went through 6 weeks of pre-Lumbar fusion Physical therapy. February Lumbar Fusion turning out well. Have just started Physical Therapy 6 week rehab and I am working hard to regain strength and flexability. During this six month period, Dr. Salem has continued to prove himself as a Skilled Surgeon and a caring individual. Have referred many of my friends.
Thanks Allan , it is always my pleasure to take care of you .
in Centralia, IL |
Can not say enough about Dr. Salem and his staff. They went above and beyond for me! They called and checked on me and were very detailed anytime I had a question or concern. I'm going on 6 weeks after surgery and feeling great! I would highly recommend Dr. Salem to anyone!! He's amazing!!
Glad to hear that you are doing great JoAnn, always pleasure taking care of you .
in Xenia, Illinois |
Dr.Mohamad excellent doctor, very friendly and answered all my questions an even made sure I understood what he was telling me. The staff was very patient with me, as well as the Dr. when answering all my questions or helping me with what I needed. Thank you Egyptian Spine Clinic
Thanks Codi.
in sandoval il. |
I have been seeing Dr Salem for some time now .He has giving shots in my back now he is going to do surgery on my back.I trust him completely.He is highly trained in his professionof the spine,and knows what he is doing Ibeleive in him and trust him or I would notlet him do my sugery.He is actually concerned about what your problem is.HE'e listens to what you have to sa. He shows you what your options are.He is very kind and very knowledgeable ,I would recommend himand have I like him a lot than
Thanks Darlene for nice comments
in Wayzata, MN |
Dr. Salem clearly explains options for treatment. Very thorough and kind!
It is a pleasure taking care of you
in mount vernon, ill |
When I first seen Dr. Salem he was so professional looking I didn't know what to think. He looked like a director of a hospital. But let me tell you, He is a gentle ,kind and a caring man. I would recommend him to anyone who is getting shots for there back or back surgery. He was highly trained in his profession of the spine and knows exactly what he is doing. I work at circle k on 27th St in mount Vernon ill. If you have any questions come talk to me. I will gladly help you make up your mind.
Always pleasure taking care of you . Thanks for your trust .
in Salem, Il |
First visit. Put me at ease and made me feel very welcome. Took time to listen to my concerns. Ordered further testing.
Thank you and Always an honor taking care of you .
in Centralia, Il. |
Dr. Salem is very professional, conscientious, and knowledgeable in his caring for his patients. I was extremely nervous during my first visit because of the extreme pain I was having in my right back and leg area. Dr. Salem was very patient in showing me and explaining to me exactly what was going on with my L4 and L5 and my sciatic nerve. During the recommended steroid injections he was extremely caring and kind and again very patient because of my anxiety. I would refer him to anyone.
Thanks Mrs Garrett for your comment and trust.
in Centralia, IL |
He actually concerned about your back or spine condition. He takes the time to show and explain what the problem or problems are and his recomendations for treatment. I like him very much.
Thanks for your review , it is a pleasure taking care of you
in Shawneetown Illinois |
I would recommend Dr Mohamed to all my friends family and anyone who needs a surgeon. Dr Mohamed is the best Dr, he listens to what you have to say.
Thanks for your comment , it is a pleasure taking care of you .
in Salem, IL |
Dr. Mohamed is a wonderful doctor in every way. He is VERY knowledgeable but also compassionate. He works WITH you. He is patient and kind. His staff member Katie is awesome! I would recommend him to my own family. I am not someone that trusts easily (or writes reviews) and he has my complete trust.Go see him and you will start feeling better.
Thanks Kim , always pleasure taking care of you .
in Salem, Il |
Dr. Mohammed a.k.a. Dr. Salem is wonderful in every way. He is very knowledgeable,compassionate and works WITH you. He is also patient and kind. He knows what he is doing 100% and explains everything very well so that you can understand it too. I would recommend him to my own mother. Go see him.
Thanks Kim , always pleasure takin
in Centralia, IL |
Very knowledgeable. My first impression of Dr. Mohamed was a positive one. He was open, honest, caring and speaks with ease about the issues. He is going to be doing surgery on my back and I'm praying for his best work!!
Thanks Cindy , Glad that surgery relived your pain.
in SHAWNEETOWN |
He is very professional, and very caring about his patients. Dr Mohamed is a outstanding Dr.
It was my pleasure to take care of you .
Have you seen Dr. Ahmed Mohamed, MD?

Visit Dr. Mohamed