Dr. Ahmed Jafri, MD

Dr. Ahmed Jafri, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Ahmed Jafri, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

3660 Vista Ave Ste 303

Saint Louis, MO 63110

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Jafri

See how frequently Dr. Jafri performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)

Dr. Jafri's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Jafri "The patients' needs take center stage. Treatment of the sick and the infirm should be guided by the principles of respect, empathy and devotion. Care should be provided in a timely fashion, merging the educational needs of medical students and neurologists in training with those of their patients."

• Neurology

• Cluster Headache
  • Cough Headache
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Drug Rebound Headache
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hypertension Headache
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vascular Headache
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• Botox® for Chronic Migraine

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• D.J. Govt. College, Karachi, Pakistan
  • Duke University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Saint Louis University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Jafri has no media or publications listed.

• Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Jafri does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jafri and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jafri's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jafri to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Jafri's Performance
St Louis, mo |
Dr Jafri has been my neurologist for 5 years. I have never questioned the service he provided. I left his office with an explanation and most of the time documents as well.
in Mechanicsburg , IL |
Dr. Jafri has been the only doctor able to help me manage my migraines. I have been to several other neurologists who don't want to take the time to listen to me. I appreciate his direct answers and honest approach to what really will work. He is really an investment!
Belleville, IL |
This doctor has very poor bedside manners, zero compassion, doesn't look at you, doesn't explain things. Have left crying. Do NOT recommend Dr. Jafri.
in St. Louis, Missouri |
Dr. Jafri is everything that a patient and family needs....Knowledgeable, responsive, witty, and has a great bedside manner. He saved my husbands life and we are forever grateful to him.
in Saint Louis MO |
Dr.Jafri is very good Doctor
in St Louis, MO |
He gives you his undivided attention for as long as you need. He is very clear on what needs to be done and very intelligent. He is looking into my issues and not just giving me medicine so I go away. I am so glad that I found him!
in Belleville, IL |
Dr Jafri is a very good doctor and I highly recommend him.
in St Louis, MO |
Very kind doctor who tells us as it is, without being mean or rude about it.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Jafri treated my husband when he was in the hospital. I feel that he is very good at his job and that he takes the time to really listen to what you are saying. He is determined to find out what is causing a problem so that the appropriate treatment can be administered. I would recommend Dr. Jafri to my friends and family.
in St. Louis, MO |
I have been having pain for quite a while. My PCP referred me to a neurologist. I went to SLU Care and they set up an appointment with Dr. Jafri and I am so happy that I made that decision. My first appointment lasted about 1 1/2 hours trying to figure out why I had this pain. He fit me in for a follow up 2 weeks later to make sure I had some relief from this annoying pain.
in Medora, IL |
A great Dr. He is never hurried, always listens attentively, & is very thorough in his exams. He has a great since of humor and is very Personable. He explains what he believes is causing your issue(s), as well as treatment options. If he believes you need to see another Dr. As well he makes that happen. I suffer with severe headaches & Dr. Jafri gave my wife & I his personal Cell phone number & said to call anytime . This has been a great help when I have had to go to then ER For the Drs. there
in East Saint Louis, IL |
I have been under Dr. Jafri care since 2010 He was the one who first discovered that I have MS, He has always been upfront and honest with me, He is a outstanding human being. I was in and out of the hospital like a revolving door, If it wasnt for Dr. Jafri telling me about different treatment options I dont think I would be here today, After finding a treatment that was best for me I can honestly say I have not had any problems with my MS. Thank you Dr. Jafri
in St. Louis, MO |
Dr. Jafri is wonderful. Not only is he a phenomenal physician in terms of his knowledge, he really listens to you, no matter how much time it takes. He is so down to earth (and hilarious), and that goes a long way with me. On more than one occasion, Dr. Jafri has gone well out of his way to help me. I've seen other neurologists in the St. Louis area to treat my migraines and POTS, but I'm sticking with this one.
He cares about what's going on with me. He's very smart and will come up with the right patient specific treatment. He listens to my symptoms and modifies the treatment based on what I say is going on. Scheduling can sometimes be tough, but that's because he's a highly requested neurologist. He makes time for his patients, and he will help you.
in St Louis, MO |
My first appointment with Dr Jafri started off shaky. He was a bit late. However, he won me over quickly. He was thoroughly informed of my medical history, and asked lots of questions, and explained things. He did not rush the appointment, or any appointment after. He has solved my problem, I would recommend him, in a heartbeat.
in St.Louis Mo |
I started off thinking he was great but he left the room and came back very rude and arrogant. I tried asking some questions and he was very short and not willing to help me at all. One of the most bizarre appts I have ever had. I will be following up with the department head and take it from there. Stay clear of this group.
Have you seen Dr. Ahmed Jafri, MD?
Are you Dr. Jafri?