Dr. Ahmed N. Akl, MD

Dr. Ahmed N. Akl, MD

Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery | Male

Dr. Akl specializes in Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery and practices in Scottsdale, AZ. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Akl? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Akl's Experience

See how Dr. Akl's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Akl

Dr. Akl accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Akl has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Akl's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akl to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Akl
Dr. Akl's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (18)
in Mesa,Arizona |
I've been being seen by him for over a year for various problems. Both he and his staff have been so nice and made me feel welcomed. I recently had surgery and Dr Akl did a fabulous job and has been willing to help with any concerns I may have. He always seems of good spirits and does his job VERY well. I will recommend him to family and friends.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
After several years of struggling with problems of urgency, leakage and other urological problems I found the best doctor that was amazing. I can recommend Dr. Ahmed Akl without reservation to address any urological problem you might be encountering. I am 80+ years old and other doctors kept saying it's your age, but Dr. Akl was very kind and reassuring in his assessment. I am truly blessed to have found such a fine young and competent doctor.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Akl changed my life. I was miserable, and Dr. Akl listened, tested, and then with surgery was able to give me back my life. Talking about these kind of problems can be very uncomfortable, but Dr. Akl and his entire staff make it easier. I would highly recommend Dr. Akl.
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
I had vaginal prolapse surgery preformed by another doctor. The mesh came loose and this same doctor performed repair surgery and it still was not correct. I went to Dr. Akl who understood my problem and corrected it with one try. Fabulous doctor. Wonderful caring person. He greatly improved my quality of life.
in Mesa, AZ |
I was so nervous about the option of surgery. Dr Alk and his staff were great. Questions were answered, phone calls returned. Everything was handled with ease. I highly recommend him and his office.
Mesa, AZ |
I went to Dr. Akl for a Second opinion he and the staff were amazing! Dr. Akl listened with compassion and followed through on the care i needed. I did not feel rushed or brushed off. I would totally recommend him. The office is very clean very professional and not crowded at all
in Anthem, AZ |
Dr. Akl is my hero. I suffered with a prolapse bladder, the bulge was very large. I was going to another urogyn doctor for 18 months prior to my first visit with Dr Akl. I was depressed when I went to see Dr Akl. The quality of my life changed with that visit. I tearfully shared some details of my care prior to my visit with him. Dr Akl examined me and shared his recommended surgical procedure for me. He promised he would take care of me. He kept that promise. Two months post op now and 100%.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr Akl is an outstanding doctor. He truly cares about his patients. I found him very understanding and I was able to discuss my issues with him without being embarrassed. He fully explained all my options and was always encouraging. I did not want to go to a male urogyn doctor, but I am so glad that I found Dr Akl. My lifetime problem is being corrected.
in Maricopa, AZ |
I had such positive experience with Dr. Akl. He explained everything about my condition and it never felt uncomfortable or embarrassing to discuss such personal problems. I felt very confident having him for my surgeon and when I had questions about my post-op symptoms, I was always able to get answers from Dr. Akl and he put my mind at ease. I would highly recommend him and his practice.
in Casa Grande, Az |
Dr. Akl really cares about his patients. He took me from a very dark place to a much brighter one! He takes time with you and answers any questions you have. He never makes you feel like he doesn't have time with you! I am so happy and grateful I found him!! It is worth the drive I have to have him as my doctor!
in Apache Junction, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Akl by my GYN office as my previous Urogynecologist was no longer in practice. My first appointment he took the time explain the problem and procedures. I knew I was in good hands. He cares for his patients and he wants the best outcome for them. I highly recommend him if you have issues with bladder control or leakage, Had my procedure end of April and I have no more leakage, I can't thank you enough Dr. Akl for giving me back my freedom from my issues.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Excellent attention and concern to my overactive bladder problem, and eventual Botox injections.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr Ackle to time & care to diagnose me with my health problems & the surgery went very well and I recovered well from my surgery. I'm very happy with the treatment I received.
in Mesa, AZ |
Very confident in his procedure, detailed explanation, caring.
in Maricopa, AZ |
Dr. Akl's staff at his Mesa office were always pleasant and efficient. The professionalism of every one I met made even the most personal of tests and exams less intimidating. Dr. Akl himself was quiet, self-assured and calm. He took time to explain everything in a very straightforward manner and made sure that all questions and concerns were addressed. As a surgeon, Dr. Akl was excellent and the team he had assist were the best as well.
phoenix |
He was the best doctor. He is the sweetest dr. He took care of me when i had surgery and afterwards. He took time and just sat and talked after the surgery. I recommend him.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Akl is such a sweetheart!! So kind and what a WONDERFUL SURGEON! I have worked in the medical field my entire work career, and I know allot about Doctors personalities. He wins in both categories of knowledge in his specialty and does not have the I am God complex. I just really liked him so much.
in phx.az |
Dr Ahmed is the bomb.com !!! He is the best surgeon ever for bladder and pelvic issues. Im ssooo satisfied with the results of my treatment and you can be sure that i will tell everyone i know about the excellent services of this Dr!! Thankyou Dr Ahmed Akl.
Have you seen Dr. Ahmed N. Akl, MD?
Are you Dr. Akl?

Compare Dr. Akl

Dr. Akl's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Akl has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Akl's Board Certifications

• Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Incontinence
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectocele
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Outflow Obstruction
  • Urinary Retention
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary Urgency
  • Yeast Infections

Cairo University
    Michigan State University
    Loyola

Dr. Akl does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akl and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Urogynecologic Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Repair
  • Vaginal Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.