Dr. Ahmed Akl, MD

Dr. Ahmed Akl, MD

Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Ahmed Akl, MD is an urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ.

9700 N 91st St # A

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Learn about Dr. Akl

See how frequently Dr. Akl performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
Colporrhaphy
Bladder Surgery

Dr. Akl's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery

• High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Incontinence
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectocele
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Outflow Obstruction
  • Urinary Retention
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary Urgency

• Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Urogynecologic Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Repair
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Cairo University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Michigan State University
  • Loyola
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Akl has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Akl does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akl and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Akl's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akl to family and friends
Dr. Akl's Performance
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Akl really cares about his patients I highly recommend him. I feel wonderful now thanks to him. His staff are Great too they are very helpful and Kind. My experience was excellent in every aspect.
Gold Canyon, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Akl for a specific surgical procedure that required his expertise. All visits and tests and interactions were conducted with thoughtfulness and consideration. I felt very comfortable with the professionalism of the staff, and especially with Dr. Akl. My surgery was delayed due to insurance issues; but was ultimately performed a few months later. Recovery was excellent and I am very pleased.
in mesa az |
I was very nervous about dealing with a problem of such a personal nature,but the office staff and especially dr akl made the whole procedure very easy for me.i was told what to expect at every visit and found the procedure itself to be much less stressful than I could possibly have imagined.i would totally recommend this office and dr akl to anyone.
in Gilbert |
Dr. Akl is a wonderful caring person. I am so glad I was referred to him, he was able to take care of my issues and I have been able to get back to the active lifestyle I'm used to having. I highly recommend him and wish I had seen him for my first surgery! I truly can't say enough good things about him and his expertise in this type of surgery. Besides he's very personable and kindhearted.
in Gold Canyon |
My Primary doctor referred me to Dr. Akl over a year ago for some lingering issues from a previous surgery. He was very patient with me, as he suggested I needed another surgery, but I wasn't ready to make that decision. He explained the procedure well and was very reassuring. The surgery went well. His staff is very nice from Jennifer at the front desk to Patty that has helped me with pelvic therapy, and everyone else too. I would recommend Dr. Ak
in Scottsdale, Arizona |
I had an appointment with Dr. Akl and he was very friendly and gentle. He explained everything so I could clearly understand it and his assistant was also very nice. I was not treated with urgency on a particular procedure, so I felt unimportant to the front office and intrusive on their time. I was in for a cons about results on Monday and was told I would receive a call on Tuesday to schedule surgery and I finally called on Thursday at 2:00 to transfer my records to someone who would care.
in San Tan Valley |
While the doctor was nice & polite, he did not review my history , surgeries or meds before examining me. I felt strongly this was a Standard of Care issue. I was told later by a MA that they "do not have time to enter all that information in the system before a patient is seen by the doctor". The office did not have a Notice of Privacy Practices posted as required by law. The person scheduling my appointment was exceptionally nice; the MA I called back with a question was rude & condescending
Phoenix, AZ |
I've always been that girl that refused to see a male gynecologist. However Dr. Akl made me feel very comfortable and honestly his exam was way more comfortable than any other i've had before, he was extremely professional, calmed my nerves about my Cyst that he could tell I was freaking out about. It was a great and professional experience!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Ahmed Akl made me feel comfortable about my prolapse surgery. He answered my long list of questions. He and his staff were very professional at all times. I would definitely recommend Dr. Akl to anyone who needs this type of surgery. Thank you Dr. Akl.
in Mesa,Arizona |
I've been being seen by him for over a year for various problems. Both he and his staff have been so nice and made me feel welcomed. I recently had surgery and Dr Akl did a fabulous job and has been willing to help with any concerns I may have. He always seems of good spirits and does his job VERY well. I will recommend him to family and friends.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
After several years of struggling with problems of urgency, leakage and other urological problems I found the best doctor that was amazing. I can recommend Dr. Ahmed Akl without reservation to address any urological problem you might be encountering. I am 80+ years old and other doctors kept saying it's your age, but Dr. Akl was very kind and reassuring in his assessment. I am truly blessed to have found such a fine young and competent doctor.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Akl changed my life. I was miserable, and Dr. Akl listened, tested, and then with surgery was able to give me back my life. Talking about these kind of problems can be very uncomfortable, but Dr. Akl and his entire staff make it easier. I would highly recommend Dr. Akl.
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
I had vaginal prolapse surgery preformed by another doctor. The mesh came loose and this same doctor performed repair surgery and it still was not correct. I went to Dr. Akl who understood my problem and corrected it with one try. Fabulous doctor. Wonderful caring person. He greatly improved my quality of life.
in Mesa, AZ |
I was so nervous about the option of surgery. Dr Alk and his staff were great. Questions were answered, phone calls returned. Everything was handled with ease. I highly recommend him and his office.
Mesa, AZ |
I went to Dr. Akl for a Second opinion he and the staff were amazing! Dr. Akl listened with compassion and followed through on the care i needed. I did not feel rushed or brushed off. I would totally recommend him. The office is very clean very professional and not crowded at all
in Anthem, AZ |
Dr. Akl is my hero. I suffered with a prolapse bladder, the bulge was very large. I was going to another urogyn doctor for 18 months prior to my first visit with Dr Akl. I was depressed when I went to see Dr Akl. The quality of my life changed with that visit. I tearfully shared some details of my care prior to my visit with him. Dr Akl examined me and shared his recommended surgical procedure for me. He promised he would take care of me. He kept that promise. Two months post op now and 100%.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr Akl is an outstanding doctor. He truly cares about his patients. I found him very understanding and I was able to discuss my issues with him without being embarrassed. He fully explained all my options and was always encouraging. I did not want to go to a male urogyn doctor, but I am so glad that I found Dr Akl. My lifetime problem is being corrected.
in Maricopa, AZ |
I had such positive experience with Dr. Akl. He explained everything about my condition and it never felt uncomfortable or embarrassing to discuss such personal problems. I felt very confident having him for my surgeon and when I had questions about my post-op symptoms, I was always able to get answers from Dr. Akl and he put my mind at ease. I would highly recommend him and his practice.
in Casa Grande, Az |
Dr. Akl really cares about his patients. He took me from a very dark place to a much brighter one! He takes time with you and answers any questions you have. He never makes you feel like he doesn't have time with you! I am so happy and grateful I found him!! It is worth the drive I have to have him as my doctor!
in Apache Junction, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Akl by my GYN office as my previous Urogynecologist was no longer in practice. My first appointment he took the time explain the problem and procedures. I knew I was in good hands. He cares for his patients and he wants the best outcome for them. I highly recommend him if you have issues with bladder control or leakage, Had my procedure end of April and I have no more leakage, I can't thank you enough Dr. Akl for giving me back my freedom from my issues.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Excellent attention and concern to my overactive bladder problem, and eventual Botox injections.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr Ackle to time & care to diagnose me with my health problems & the surgery went very well and I recovered well from my surgery. I'm very happy with the treatment I received.
in Mesa, AZ |
Very confident in his procedure, detailed explanation, caring.
in Maricopa, AZ |
Dr. Akl's staff at his Mesa office were always pleasant and efficient. The professionalism of every one I met made even the most personal of tests and exams less intimidating. Dr. Akl himself was quiet, self-assured and calm. He took time to explain everything in a very straightforward manner and made sure that all questions and concerns were addressed. As a surgeon, Dr. Akl was excellent and the team he had assist were the best as well.
phoenix |
He was the best doctor. He is the sweetest dr. He took care of me when i had surgery and afterwards. He took time and just sat and talked after the surgery. I recommend him.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Akl is such a sweetheart!! So kind and what a WONDERFUL SURGEON! I have worked in the medical field my entire work career, and I know allot about Doctors personalities. He wins in both categories of knowledge in his specialty and does not have the I am God complex. I just really liked him so much.
in phx.az |
Dr Ahmed is the bomb.com !!! He is the best surgeon ever for bladder and pelvic issues. Im ssooo satisfied with the results of my treatment and you can be sure that i will tell everyone i know about the excellent services of this Dr!! Thankyou Dr Ahmed Akl.
Have you seen Dr. Ahmed Akl, MD?
Are you Dr. Akl?