Dr. Ahmad P. Ghafoori, MD

Dr. Ahmad P. Ghafoori, MD

24 reviews

Radiation Oncology | Male | 39 years old

It is a special privilege to care for patients who have been diagnosed with cancer. I am deeply affected by the courage and resilience my patients demonstrate daily, which continually drives me to seek the best treatment options possible. I strive to provide state-of-the-art oncology care with genuine compassion and concern for the well being of my patients. I attended medical school at Harvard University and completed residency training at Duke University Medical Center, where I served as chief resident and later on faculty as an Assistant Professor. I have received numerous awards and research grants from national institutions, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Radiological Society of North America. I currently serve on a national expert panel for radiation oncology and am involved in a variety of clinical trials in oncology. I have many peer-reviewed publications in oncology. I am Board-Certified in Radiation Oncology.Read more

Austin Cancer Center

Patient Testimonials

Personal Bio

Dr. Ghafoori's Experience

See how Dr. Ghafoori's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ghafoori

Dr. Ghafoori accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 8 hospitals where Dr. Ghafoori has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ghafoori's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghafoori to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Ghafoori
Dr. Ghafoori's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (24)
in Austin, TX |
After speaking with my Neurologist i was told to try a procedure called CyberKnife and was sent to Dr Ghafoori's office to start they were all very welcoming and understanding of my needs. I had or (have) Trigeminal Neuralgia and it was the worst hell I've ever been through.When i got to meet Dr Ghafoori he spoke to me in a very calm and intelligent way on what they were going to do and possible outcomes. I am now pain free 3 months after Thank You doctor you gave me my life back.
in Brownwood TX |
Dr. Ghafoori and his staff are wonderful. Dr. Ghafoori took his time with me and answered all my questions.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ghafoori is pleasant to deal with when he is in the room with you as a patient. He listens well and has good feedback. The reason I can't give him 5 stars though is that he keeps patients waiting way too long. His Nurse Practitioner, Kerry, comes in to see the patient first and pretty promptly. She is really wonderful in her role as well. But I have waited anywhere from 25-50 minutes for Dr. Ghafoori to come in after her, and that is very frustrating, especially with no apology.
Have you seen Dr. Ahmad P. Ghafoori, MD?
Are you Dr. Ghafoori?

Dr. Ghafoori says...

Dr. Ghafoori's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Radiation Oncology
  •  Board certified in Radiation Oncology

Dr. Ghafoori has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ghafoori's Board Certifications

• Radiation Oncology

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 2005

St. Luke's Medical School

Completed in 2005

Duke Medical Center

Completed in 2010

Dr. Ghafoori does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ghafoori and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Radiation Oncology

• Brachytherapy
  • Cancer Treatment
  • CyberKnife® Robotic Radiosurgery
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Radiation Oncology Procedures