Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 40

Dr. Bader

Unity Point Clinic Neurosurgery

1026 A Ave Ne Ste 5000 Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Cedar Rapids, IA and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Faculty Of Medicine, Alquds University medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bader to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Bader with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Bader's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bader

4.4

86.20689655172414%

Dr. Bader

Felt like he couldn’t care less about me no matter how much pain I am in. Waited 30 minutes in a room and when he finally came in he seemed like he was too busy to help me. 5 minutes was all he had for someone in pain. Would seek a different Doctor if you have a choice ! Very disappointed, will seek second opinion.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Tim – Nov 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I have had lower back pain for several years. I have had surgery twice for herniated lumbar disc. Most recently for about 3 years I've been undergoing steroid injections in lumbar, providing temp relief, the last one no relief at all. I seen Dr Bader and he ordered a lumbar MRI. After reviewing it he seen a small portion of my lower thoracic spine that looked concerning. He then ordered a Thoracic MRI, and a CT scan. reviewing that he discovered a badly herniated thoracic disc causing serious spinal stenosis, so bad that my spinal cord is flattened in that area. He was not willing to do that type of surgery because it was not his expertise, but referred me out to The U of I. I am now scheduled for surgery and praying all goes well. I am thankful he found this when no other doctors did and thankful for his honesty that he felt i needed a higher level of care and referred me out To the U. Very caring and honest Doctor
Rhonda – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Dr Bader performed a spinal fusion of L4 and L5 on my lower back in April 2019. He thoroughly explained the pros and cons of surgery and what to expect during and post surgery. He was kind and professional in his manner and explained surgery in detail and answered my questions thoroughly. He helped me understand that everyone heals differently and I would have a big part in my healing. My arthritis may necessitate surgery in the future and I would definitely choose him. St Luke's staff was very helpful. I returned to work after 8 weeks and all medical restrictions were lifted after 4 months. I have not felt this pain free in years.
Anne L in Cedar Rapids , IA – Sep 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
He was condesending, arrogant, and rude. He claimed he was far superior tha the MRI Specialist. When I started asking questions in a polite manner I guess he got upset and left the room after only 5 minutes. I waited 20 ninutes for my discharge papers telling me I shoud go to a certain therapist, or anything at all. i never got the papers so, I left to the hall to find the nurse for about 5 minutes and then a security showed up with him and said the "Dr." wanted me escorted out of the entire building. I guess when I started asking questions that he couldn't deal with, he acted like a baby throwing tantrum fit. I don't reccommed him in the least bit.
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Dr. Bader performed my Cervical fusion three months ago. My husband and I were very impressed by the amount of time he spent with us and how thorough he was in explaining what needed to be done and why. During my post surgery visits, he was very thorough as well and answered all of our questions. My neck has healed with no problems at all. I am facing another fusion in my lower back in the near future and will definitely be going back to Dr. Bader for that one as well.
Norma Greeley in Hershey, Nebraska – Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Bader. He was very through. I felt very comfortable with him.
Shani Hunziker – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I had great care from Dr. Bader. I had back surgery and the results were great. Dr. Bader was very good about taking time to explain his recommendations. I would highly recommend Dr. Bader to anyone.
Paul Parliament in Broken Bow, Nebraska – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Our daughter was examined by Dr. Bader, after a very serious neck injury from a car accident, and we were given the option of transferring to a different doctor at a bigger hospital and have never regretted our decision to stay under his care. He was very thorough explaining the surgery he was to perform and possible outcomes. We will be forever grateful for his knowledge and skillfulness to allow us with many more years to celebrate with our daughter.
Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I am thankful I found Dr. Bader and he was successful repairing the spinal stenosis in my upper vertebrae. Dr. Bader was precise and very professional performing this procedure. I would recommend him as an extremely professional neurosurgeon to anyone.
Carol Jean Garland in Grand Island, NE – Aug 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
100% professional, knows what he's doing and is very good at it, I felt at ease with him performing my surgery, I am very happy I chose him, I know he cares, he listened to any concerns, explained everything thoroughly, his team was amazing and went above and beyond, I am so grateful I was surrounded with such caring and professional people, somehow they made me feel at ease during the scariest point in my life, thank you.
Jeff in Sargent NE – Aug 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I was hospitalized with a herniated disk in my lower back. Dr. Bader saw something that he didn't think looked right in my cervical spine area, and stated that needed to be corrected before my lumbar back. He was right. I had the 2 surgeries within 24 hours of each other. It has taken months to recuperate, but I have no pain and am able to do normal activities. Dr. Bader is very professional, I never have to wait for him in the office, and I am very grateful to him for his help.
Jodi Daily in Kearney, NE – Jun 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Dr Ahmad performed an acdf on me in September and did an excellent job and was wonderful on follow up definitely recommend to everyone.
Christian Schluntz in Alma, Ne – May 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Dr. Bader is an exceptional surgeon. In December 2016 he performed back surgery on me. I was amazed when I came out of the anesthetic I was pain free. There was of course the minor pain of the surgery itself but the pain for the reason of the surgery was totally gone. Dr. Bader had explained everything to me and has a very good bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Bader!!!
Christina Baack in Cozad NE – May 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Dr. Badar is a gentle caring soul.. I highly recommend him for any procedure one may need done. In fact I plan to reschedule for another consultation in the next few months, for other concerns. .
Gwendolyn Jameson in Upland, NE – May 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Yes, I would recommend Dr Bader for any spinal surgery . He spent a lot of time explaining the procedure & answered all of my questions. I am very glad I had Dr Bader for my surgery.
Shirley Swanson in Arapahoe, NE – Sep 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
Yes, I would highly recommend Dr. Bader for any spinal surgery. He preformed two back surgeries and one Neck surgery on me. he kept me from ending up in a Wheelchair. Also found a problem with my neck, that I didn't realize I had.
Danie lGeschwentner in Colby, KS – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I came to Dr. Bader when I was diagnosed with a serious tumor in my vertebrae. Dr. Bader was very compassionate and explained the surgery in terms my wife and I could understand. His follow up care was excellent. With each visit he spent as much time with us as we needed. His staff holds as much respect for him as we do. I would highly recommend him and have.
Bob Skates in North Platte, NE – Mar 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I ESPECIALLY LIKED THE PRELIMINARY VISIT TO DR BADER BECAUSE THE SURGERY WAS EXPLAINED IN DEPTH, AND HE ALSO TOLD ME WHAT COULD NOT BE DONE. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANY ONE NEEDING SPINAL SURGERY, IN FACT I HAVE.
Rose Drake in Sargent, NE – Mar 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
My experience with Dr. Bader was great. His exam was very thorough and he was honest when explaining what needed to be done about my condition. He performed two back surgeries on me and I have very little back pain now. I am not using morphine to control my pain any longer. He also has a great bedside manner.
Marina Small in Grand Island, NE – Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?
I had seen another doctor who was very rude to me so I wanted a different doctor. Dr. Bader was fantastic! He was reassuring and showed me all of my MRI/X-ray information. He was very open and honest and I felt very good having him perform my surgery, Even after the surgery, I am very happy with his care.
Judy K. Witte in Kearney, NE – Mar 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Bader, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bader?
Provider explaining information to patient