Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 57

Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Frisco, TX. Dr. Ata has more experience with Headache, Neurodegenerative Disorders, and Sleep Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Lake Pointe. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ata to book an appointment.

Neurocare of Texas

5550 Warren Pkwy Ste 100 Frisco, TX 75034
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco Frisco, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Ata

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Ata treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Ata treats other conditions, please contact the office at (214) 618-0808.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Ata is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache
Migraine

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Dr. Ata is experienced in the area of Neurodegenerative Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Parkinson's Disease
Dementia or Depression Screening
Alzheimer's Disease
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Sleep Disorders

Sleep disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that disrupt sleep, including insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, and sleep apnea.Compare with other Sleep Disorders specialists.

Dr. Ata is experienced in the area of Sleep Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

• Lyme Disease
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Meningiomas
  • Migrainous Vertigo
  • MRA (Magnetic Resonance Angiography)
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neurological Testing
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Tension Headache
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • Wada Test

Dr. Ata accepts

Dr. Ata accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue Advantage
Coventry Health Care
Carelink HMO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Dr. Ata's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ata

4.1

Dr. Ata?
  • Office environment (44)
  • Appointment scheduling (43)
  • Staff friendliness (41)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (10)
  • Appointment was rushed (9)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (8)
trusted this physician and his office staff, and they scammed me into getting services I did not need by lying and saying one thing, then sending me a bill and acting as if I should have known the cost involved would be different from what they said. DO NOT TRUST THIS PRACTICE AND THEIR SHADY BUSINESS ANTICS. I went to Dr. Ata for help with my chronic migraines and the only thing I was received was lies, disrespects, poor patient care, and an unnecessary bill. There are other neurologists in the area and I strongly suggest you utilize one of them before even thinking about setting foot in Dr. Ata's office. One last thing, they said this has happened to their other patients so obviously they should Know better, yet they continue to lie and try to dress it up by saying they were misinformed.
La Shawnda Goodwin – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr. Ata is, by far, the best neurologist I have ever seen for my migraines! He is genuine and always shows sincere compassion at every visit. His staff is very caring and thoughtful, truly listening to my concerns and answering all of my questions. Before Dr. Ata, I had debilitating migraines, spending many days in bed. Thanks to Dr. Ata and his excellent team, I am now able to live a very productive, active life. I highly recommend anyone suffering from debilitating migraines, to see Dr. Ata.
Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Plain and simple: Dr. Ata saved my husband's life. My husband was in a car accident but did not know he had damage to his brain. He was referred to Dr. Ata, who diagnosed him with brain bleeding and sent him to the ER immediately. Dr. Ata was available throughout our consultation with the hospital's neurosurgeon and was extremely understanding and caring. My husband had emergency brain surgery, and he is now recovering and doing well. Dr. Ata's quick and accurate diagnosis was critical in saving my husband's life. We sincerely thank Dr. Ata for his excellent care. He and his friendly office staff treat patients like their own family, so if you're considering a neurologist, I highly recommend Dr. Ata without any reservations.
Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I can not say enough good things about Dr Ata and his Staff! In the first 10 minutes of my initial consultation I was SO happy I was able to see him. He listens/explains/is genuinely concerned & very thorough. His clinic is extremely well staffed with caring, informed & NICE people. After being in pain & anxious because of my health issues, it was a true relief to be under his care. I feel blessed to have found such a Doctor... even if I do have to drive 3 hours to see him! #HesTheBest
D Goree – Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr. Ata spent hardly any time with me in the two visits I had. Like others have said, it was 5 minutes, tops. He was rushed, didn't even look me in the eye. Testing was inconclusive, so he said he didn't know for sure what was causing symptoms and gave me a list of several specialists to see - NOT HELPFUL. I didn't feel like he cared AT ALL. I honestly think his practice is just there to run a bunch of testing and bill insurance for it. Total waste of time and money!!!!!!!
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I've had increasing frequency of migraines. I've not had severe symptoms and feel confident that I don't suffer from a serious condition. I wanted to get to the root of the problem so I'd know what lifestyle changes to implement. Instead, I had a rushed visit with Dr. Ata where he recommended several expensive scans and 2 medications. He suggested a pinched nerve could be the root of my migraines. There are other ways to confirm that without draining my HSA account to rule everything else out.
Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr. Ata is very knowledgeable about neurology and has a real passion for his practice. I would definitely recommend him for your neurological needs.
Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Ata for your neuro care ! He's been treating my mother for a while and sometimes I wish that he was her primary care physician too! He's a great listener, will do his best to make you feel better with the right advice and treatment. Very intelligent, kind and focused. I really wanted you all to know that this doctor is AWESOME!
Plano, TX – Nov 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr. Ata is a highly knowledgeable doctor who intuitively connects dots to get to the right diagnosis. He went to great lengths to help find a cutting edge solution for my husband’s neurological condition. He answered all our questions with patience and kindness and referred my husband to UT Southwestern for a highly sophisticated procedure and facilitated the process for my husband’s treatment. It is because of Dr. Ata that my husband is once again able to do things he was unable before.
Plano, TX – Nov 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr. Ata is very kind and so helpful in answering all our queries. The medicines he prescribed really helped me along with his suggestions. I was so grateful to him as one time i called him saying my father was in town for a short period and needed to be seen, despite having a busy schedule, he accommodated us and was very nice about it! I HIGHLY recommend him. We are blessed to have a Doctor like him in town.
Fizza Hashmi in Dallas, TX – Nov 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I recently suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage while vacationing in Florida. Upon discharge, they informed me that I would need to follow up with a neurologist in the Dallas area. I have known Dr. Ata for 15yrs through my role as a pharmaceutical rep. His office provides cutting-edge, multidisciplinary and seamless management for all their patients. Dr. Ata cares deeply about his work, seeks to make a difference, and recognizes that his contributions to his patients and their families matter.
Stackhouse in Prosper, TX – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr. Ata is very knowledgeable and does a great job of explaining things. Easy to talk to. Staff is very courteous and professional as well.
James M in Carrollton, TX – Mar 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr Ata and staff have always taken such great care of my mom. Moving her to Texas and finding this practice have done wonders for her care.
Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Friendly staff! Dr who actually listens and very thorough! Less wait time than other local neurologists I’ve seen.
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
My husband recently starting seeing Dr. Ata for his MS. We have be very pleasantly surprised. Him and his wife seem to be awesome folks. The office staff is AMAZING and always have been friendly and helpful up to this point. The locations are awesome because it made it very easy to knock out testing at the facility AND one is close to his work and one is close to home. I can not rave enough about our experience so far. So happy and blessed to have found him for my Husband.
Marrs in Leonard, TX – Dec 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
Dr. Ata is friendly and listened to what I had to say, however, he seemed more interested in having me go through a number of unnecessary and expensive tests (in his office) (for example a brain MRI despite the fact that I had one with contrast from 6 months prior). I feel like he would be a great doctor if I was a typical case, however, I am not, and like I have found with many other neurologists he just wanted my money.
Frisco – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Ata's for more than three years with an ongoing condition. I always enjoy my visits with him and his staff because they are nice, friendly, and professional. Their new office in Frisco, has an MRI machine and the latest testing facilities in-house. Dr. Ata wants the best care for his patients so he does as much as he can at the office. He listens to everything you say and puts together a plan just for you. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Little Elm, TX – Nov 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Ata for 7-8 years and am very pleased with his Professionalism, manner, diagnoses and referrals. He listens to the patient, but still manages to stay pretty much on time. He doesn't hesitate to request labs or additional information needed to make an accurate diagnoses and recommendation. His staff is very friendly and attentive. I have so much faith in Dr. Ata, that I now take my elderly mother with Alzheimers to see him.
Lance B in Frisco, TX – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I came in for a MRI, he & his staff were amazing & helpful. I felt welcomed & cared for & all within a timely manner. They were able to get my test scheduled quickly all while still willing to work around my own personal schedule.
QUINLAN – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?
I am so greatfull for Dr. Ata. I am disabled. I have MS and a slew of other problems. Since I started going to see him at the first of this year my life is so much more manageable. The wait time isn't long at all in his office and he truly listens to what I have to say. He's a God sent.
Misty Ochoa in Quinlan – Oct 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahmad Ata, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ata?

Believe in quality patient care with thorough diagnostic testing to provide the best care and diagnose for the patient's health and well being.

Dr. A. Saeed Ata, MD is a board certified physician with additional studies in neurophysiology. He has been in private practice since 1999, and has been...Read more

• Neurology