Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD

Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD

Cataract SurgeryMaleAge 56

Cataract Surgery

Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD is a Cataract Surgery Specialist in Zephyrhills, FL and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Vanderbilt University College Of Medicine in 1992. He is affiliated with Adventhealth Zephyrhills. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

The Eye Clinic of Florida

The Eye Clinic of Florida6739 Gall Blvd Zephyrhills, FL 33542

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Mahootchi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mahootchi

Eye Clinic of Florida (Dr. Mahootchi)
I have been coming to The Eye Clinic of Florida for many years. In November/December of 2022, I had cataract surgery with Dr. Mahootchi. His attention to detail and expertise is amazing. He is very meticulous and explained everything in detail. It was an absolute pleasure getting the procedure completed by Dr. Mahootchi with very little discomfort. His entire staff, from the person at the front desk and through out his office and surgery center, were tremendous. Steve in the optical dept., and Dr. Wong, were amazing as I transitioned out of contacts and away from glasses. The best part, everyone made this journey pleasurable. I trust everyone at this office and have no interest in going anywhere else. Thank you.
Cary Ritter – Jan 06, 2023
Saved me from a surgery
I went to see Dr. Mahootchi for a second opinion and he gave me a much better option to try to unblock a tear duct on my left eye. In two visits he was able to open up the tear duct with a less invasive treatments. I'm very thankful that he saved me from getting an invasive and expensive procedure that was offered by another Dr. Thank you, Dr. Mahootchi and team!!!
Nov 17, 2022
He’s the Best !!
Dr. Mahootchi is a highly specialized professional with a wonderful way with patients. The staff is highly efficient and very friendly. I went there with a disorder that I was told couldn’t be fixed. Dr. Mahootchi didn’t hesitate to tell me he could fix both my eyes - he was so confident I decided to trust him, and I’m so glad I did. The follow-up appointments were often enough that my eyes healed perfectly. I am so incredibly happy to be able to see again, and I totally owe my eyesight to Dr. Mahootchi and his staff.
Sandy M. – Nov 13, 2022
Passionate Caregivers
The Eye Clinic of Florida- Zephyrhills FL Dr Mahootchi and his staff are a great team. Each person on the team is cross-trained, building their skills so that they understand the entire procedure and can step in to assist where ever needed. Every employee made a point to speak with me, allay my fears, and answer my questions. The teamwork was amazing; employees interacted with, and assisted each other as needed. All employees were knowledgeable, kind, informative, efficient and effective. Dr Mahootchi spoke throughout my cataract surgery, he explained what he was doing so his staff could absorb the training. He also kept me informed of how I was doing and where he was in the surgery (i.e. your cataract is now removed, I will be inserting the lens in a moment.) I highly recommend this facility and staff.
Excellent teamwork – Oct 05, 2022
Thank you so much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
Dr. Mahootchi is the most kind and caring doctor. He removed my cataracts in both eyes and I am very pleased. I not longer need to wear glasses ! His staff is very kind as well and he has done miracles with my husband's glaucoma. I would highly recommend Dr. Mahootchi.
Sep 09, 2022
So grateful for Dr. Mahootchi
I cannot say enough about Dr. Mahootchi. When I went to him I had wet macula degeneration, glaucoma and a lot of trouble seeing. I had cataract surgery in one eye before going to Dr. Machootchi but did not see clearly. He did my other eye and what a difference! He also put a splint in one eye and did canaloplasty in my other eye. Prior to this, I was on glaucoma drops 3 times a day but now I use no drops! Also, the wet macula has been dry for 10 months! I was told I would need an eye injection every month when I was going to another retina specialist. I was going to two separate doctors, one for glaucoma and one for the retina and they didn't talk to one another. Dr. Mahootchi does it all! Prior to finding Dr. Mahootchi, I thought my vision was doomed. Now, I feel what I have left of my vision can be preserved. If you are having eye problems, and also feel nothing is being considered to help you, please, please go see Dr. Mahootchi. Also, his staff is amazing!
D Hart – Aug 16, 2022
Look no further
I found Dr Mahootchi almost 5 years ago. I had been seeing another doctor in the community but was dissatisfied with the business end of my care. When I called Dr Mahootchi’s office, I found the most welcoming and caring receptionist. She assured me that I would be pleased with the customer service they offered. Not only was the care each and every employee showed to me exemplary, but the cataract surgery I needed would cost almost $1000 less than the previous quote. Another bonus for me was the on site surgery center; I would not need to travel to Tampa for care. I am glad I found a doctor who cares for my eyes as much as I do; I highly recommend!
LindaK – Jun 28, 2022
Best Dr. in the state of Florida
Dr. Mahootchi gives quality care to his patients. He is always up to date with new procedures. His staff is highly trained and very caring. I have been with him for 17 years and he is the best. He has done Cataract surgery on me as well as eyelid surgery. I highly recommend him.
M.A.Victoria – Apr 09, 2022
Amazing Dr!
Dr Mahootchi is an excellent physician. He treats his patients with professionalism, and makes you feel welcome! Dr Mahootchi is not only highly skilled surgeon, but he’s also generous and kind with his patients too! His office staff are amazing, as well. Such positive and healthy environment! This is the best eye clinic ever!! I have had an outstanding outcome results from my surgery. In fact, I can see better now than I’ve been seeing my entire life! Thank you, Dr Mahootchi! You’re an Amazing Dr!
Heloisa Bates – Apr 06, 2022
Dr. Mahootchi's Reply –
Thank you so much. We are delighted for you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
20+years ago I was having headaches and no one could seem to find a reason; that is, until I went to the eye doctor. Dr. Mahootchi drew the short straw and I was the winner. He quickly recognized an issue with my optic nerve and sent me to a specialist who ‘fixed’ my headaches. I always credit Dr. mahootchi with saving my eye site. And now, after this many years I still rely on Dr. Mahootchi and his ever pleasant/competent staff to keep me seeing the world clearly. Dr. Mahootchi is a perfectionist and requires the same of his staff all in the best interest of patient care and patient outcomes
Feb 24, 2022
Wonderful!
Dr. Mahootchie and his entire staff were great! I got cataracts removed and replaced with upgraded lenses, plus got eye stents for elevated pressures. Now I see perfectly without glasses. Hallelujah!
David Crosby – Feb 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
I had cataract surgery with Dr Mahootchi. The most important thing to me was how they took good care of me. Everyone was friendly as they greeted you. Everyone had the expertise and knowledge you would expect from a medical staff. The nurses were careful through all of the tests. Once, Dr Mahootchi held the back of my chair so I wouldn’t fall. They really care about your well being. The surgical center had an even higher level of personal care. I always had a nurse or doctor with me. Nurse Carissa did a great job putting in the IV and made me comfortable with a warm blanket. Dr. John is the anesthesiologist. He is great. He explained how the medicine would work and how I might feel. I had no pain or discomfort during the surgery. Post-op the make sure you know how to take care of yourself until follow up the next morning. Dr Mahootchi and his team really care about you. I would recommend Dr Mahootchi to everyone. Thank you Dr Mahootchi.
Dave H. – Dec 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
If I could give this clinic 10 stars I would! I came to this clinic for my first cataract eye surgery. From the moment I walked in I was greated by the friendly staff. They were extremly busy, but I never felt rushed or like just a number. Dr Mahootchi was great at explaining the procedure and listened to all my concerns without any pressure to do anything unnecessary. After the procedure I felt reassured that all went well per Dr. Mahootchi. I returned weeks later for my second cataract eye surgery and felt no anxiety knowing I was in good hands. Dr Huang was very thorough at triple checking everything at my follow-up. I would recommend this clinic to anyone needing any kind of eye care! If I need any eye care service in the future, this will be the only clinic I will go to! Joseph W. Cotroneo
Joseph Cotoneo – Nov 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
Very professional, very skillful, and conscientious about his care.
Nov 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
I haven't been able to see in the last 4 years. My eye Dr could not figure out what was going on with my eyes. He referred me to 4 different specialists retinal specialist, ophthalmologists, none could figure it out. So the last specialist did fluorescein angiogram and corneal topography, dilatation , it showed nothing , told me that it was neurological, out of his field. So I thought I was crazy. One day I just could not see clear to see the computer for my job or do my job. I was so frustrated . Dr Mahootchi's office I passed everyday near my house , so I thought I would try him. Other people that have gone to him say wonderful things. With the first day that I had my appointment , he knew right away what the problem was. He is my hero. Went for several appointments and drops and tests, I was on the road to recovery. Been almost a year. My whole life I have NEVER seen this great and so defined. Dr Mahootchi is the best Ophthalmologist, cant say enough. Thank you for my sight back!
Tammy Jenkins – Oct 05, 2021
Dr. Mahootchi's Reply –
Thank you. We are happy for you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
Dr. Mahootchie is a miracle worker. I had failed the vision test at the DMV. Many docs would probably " pass" on correcting old Lasix with cataract and age compounding the problem, but Dr. Mahootchie, with skill & knowledge, allowed me to renew my driver license without restriction! I cannot thank him enough. He truly is in a class of his own. The staff at the Eye Clinic of Florida are all competent professionals also. I feel blessed to have dealt with the entire team.
Elizabeth Blake, Zephyrhills, FL – Sep 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
Visit was smoothly, and timely. Everyone was friendly, professional and engaging. This doctor and his staff are, by far, the best in healthcare. They are thorough and caring, and always display their true concern for their patients. They are informed on the latest prcedures and informative when speaking with their patients.
Vestacha Kotskar – Sep 05, 2021
Dr. Mahootchi's Reply –
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
visit is rushed! Ignores questions and lack communication skills. Staff not friendly, and does not clean equipment after each patient use.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 11, 2021
We clean the room almost immediately when a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Mahoochi, Dr. Hang and his staff to anyone. They were amazing with my husbands cataract surgery in both eyes. They were caring, efficient and knowledgeable in every way. I had my first routine yearly checkup with Dr.Hang and he and his staff did an excellent job in taking care of me. Moved to Dade City a year ago and looks like we've found our eye doctors!!
Karen Cornelius – Aug 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?
I have had cataracts for several years. I finally decided to have them removed. Dr. Mahootchi and his entire staff put me at ease. They have always created a calm and soothing atmosphere even for a very busy office. The surgical center is even more so. They explained everything that was going to happen, how it was being done and what to expect before, during and after surgery. What the recovery process was and what my responsibilities were to assure the best long term outcome. I was extremely pleased with the professionalism and personal approach to make me feel comfortable. I am a nervous person under surgical conditions and was quite relieved at the process they have created. One thing that cannot be completely described and you need to be prepared for if you are considering cataract surgery is what you see during the surgery. It could be described as mildly psychedelic. My advice is to relax and enjoy the light show. You're in great hands.
Mike Kaufman – Aug 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ahad Mahootchi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mahootchi?