Dr. Afshin Bahador, MD

Gynecologic Oncology | Male

South Coast Gynecologic Oncology 3390 Carmel Mountain Rd Ste 130 San Diego, CA 92121 Get Directions
Dr. Afshin Bahador, MD

Dr. Afshin Bahador, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. He is 48 years old. Dr. Bahador is affiliated with Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Bahador's Care Philosophy

As a Sharp HealthCare-affiliated physician, I strive to make a difference every day and to deliver compassionate, personalized health care. I believe in working with my patients to provide the best treatment options and care possible for each individual. This is health care the way it should be.

Dr. Bahador's Experience

See how Dr. Bahador's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bahador

Dr. Bahador accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. Bahador is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Bahador has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bahador's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bahador to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Bahador's Performance
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Bahadur did an excellent job on my davinci hysterectomy. Following his instructions I came out of the surgery feeling better than expected. I didn't suffer a lot of side effects that others talk about. Not one single instance of Co2 pains! He's very straightforward with you. He listens, gives good feedback. Very good at what he does.
in San Diego, CA |
I had a little bit of a complicated surgery, and Dr. B approached it like it was second nature and always came at me with a completely confidant smile and a "lets do this" attitude. Took the time to explain everything, and the entire procedure was done robotically. I am now 24 days post surgery and I'm back to work full time, and even back to my Yoga classes, with some modification. I had my surgery on Dec 23rd, and Dr. took the time to come see me Christmas Eve and release me. Great Dr.
in Bonita, Ca |
Dr. Bahador treated me a few years ago ( I should have written a review then). In any case his care was exceptional. He helped and pushed me through an extended illness and will forever be grateful. He was always professional and very sensitive. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone.
in Vista, CA |
He seemed like a nice and caring physician but considering I only saw him for a pre-op visit and just before surgery, that is all I know. He could not be bothered to visit me after the surgery in the hospital. Instead the doctor who assisted him (who I did not know) stopped by. The surgery was scheduled to accommodate his schedule with my ob/gyn's schedule to assist him but apparently she didn't show up. If it hadn'the been for that demand from him, I would have scheduled the surgery earlier.
in San Diego, CA |
“I will be forever grateful for everything that you’ve done for my mom. While life may be hard, you’ve helped me through so many things. You’re a wonderful doctor that has gone above and beyond all of my expectations. Thank you for doing everything you do, caring so much for your patients and being the best doctor that I have ever had. I am so grateful for the special things you do!”
Have you seen Dr. Afshin Bahador, MD?
Are you Dr. Bahador?

Compare Dr. Bahador

Dr. Bahador's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bahador's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology
  •  Board certified in Gynecological Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Bahador has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bahador's Board Certifications

• Uterine Diseases
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Vulvar Cancer

• Persian

Dr. Bahador does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bahador and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecologic Oncology

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laser Surgery
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance