Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Adrian Jackson, MD
Dr. Adrian Jackson, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Overland Park, KS. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Jackson is affiliated with Shawnee Mission Medical Center.

Premier Spine Care

5525 W 119th St Ste 210

Overland Park, KS 66209

Learn about Dr. Jackson

I specialize in all disorders of the spine with a special interest in the cervical spine (neck). I am board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and fellowship trained in spinal surgery with a practice that focuses exclusively on the spine. The privilege of training at some of the best programs in the country allows me to offer more treatment options for my patients, including minimally invasive surgery. My practice takes a strongly conservative approach to the treatment of spinal disorders.

Dr. Jackson's Experience

Dr. Jackson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Spinal Cord Injury

• Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Stony Brook University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Twin Cities Spine Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• Synthes Award for best resident/fellow research paper,

Dr. Jackson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jackson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jackson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jackson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jackson to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Jackson's Performance
in Topeka |
I was amazed how quickly I recovered from the cervical fusion. I was home the next morning and back to work in just a couple days. Dr Jackson and his staff are great. I've given his info to several people at work who are having the same issues I had. I have no doubt Dr Jackson will be able to improve the quality of their lives as well.
in Jefferson City, MO |
I met Dr. Jackson and his staff after a large herniation at my L4/L5 level. I had a lot of pain overall and numbness/ lack of strength in my right leg and foot. Dr. Jackson and his staff were extremely receptive and empathetic with my situation and were quick to inform me of his diagnosis and recommendation. I underwent a discectomy and could not be happier with the decision or results.I am currently at 6 weeks post op and looking forward to my continued progress. Don't hesitate to get evaluated
in Manhattan, KS |
Dr. Jackson is an outstanding surgeon with impeccable bedside manners. His team is cordial and highly professional. Dr. Jackson and his team explain the surgical procedure in detail and enlighten the patient about post-op procedures and recovery expectations. This surgical group is very caring about their patients and very diligent about follow ups. I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery this spring (2017) and recommend Dr. Jackson wholeheartedly to any one who is need of spine.
in Lawrence, KS |
100% would recommend Dr. Jackson & Derek to anyone I know with back issues. His office staff was amazing but I will say that the Surgery center the recovery nurse I had really needs to find a different occupation. Despite that, everything was great and I left from my surgery pain free but best of all no more pain medications required.
in Lees Summit, MO |
The best surgeon Ever!! He was so kind patient, understanding and he did not treat me any different just because I was treated under workers comp.The whole staff was very professional friendly just awesome experience
Overland Park, KS |
After 4 years of neck, shoulders and arm pain, failing physical therapy, and getting a weak first opinion, I went to Dr. Jackson. My MRI showed a bulging disc and bone spurs. After discussing the solutions thoroughly with Dr. Jackson, I decided to have ACDF surgery. From the moment I walked into his office, I felt welcomed and heard. Dr. Jackson and PA, Derek, have admirable patient rapport and were realistic with me about the surgery, my potential outcome and recovery expectations. Awesome!
in Topeka , KS |
Dr Jackson is a great guy and an even better surgeon. I'm in Prairie Star right now and couldn't be more impressed with the quality of care and the results of the surgery. Hopefully I'll never need another fusion but if I do I'll come straight back here.
in Wamego, KS |
Dr. Jackson and his colleagues have a well-organized and patient centered approach to care. They have given thought to every detail to make sure a patient is informed, comfortable, and supported. All my questions were answered as we went through the cervical dissection and fusion, and I never felt as if Dr. Jackson didn't have time for me. Finding Dr. Jackson and following his recommendation for surgery was a blessing. I had a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and am living pain free.
in Meriden, Kansas |
Had pain in lower leg and hip area for 5 years and had seen 7 doctors including 3 other surgeons. All had said nothing could be done. Most said that I had hip bursitis. Did LOTS of injections, therapy, and pain medication. No relief. Seen Dr Adrian Jackson with Premier Spine and he told me right away 2 possible things that could be causing the pain. Did one test and knew what needed done. Explained Everything in words you could understand. GREAT PLACE. NICE PEOPLE. RECOMMEND THEM TO ALL
in Smithville, MO |
Dr. Jackson is WONDERFUL!!! He performed a cervical disectomy with fusion on February 14, 2013. Dr. Jackson is extremely professional and is a skilled surgeon. The care & concern he showed as well as the exceptional accommodations facilitated a speedy recovery. Was diagnosed yesterday with a ruptured disc at L5/S1. Hopefully Dr. Jackson performs surgery below the cervical area. I will continue & HAVE recommended Dr. Adrian Jackson to a friend.
in Topeka, KS |
Waited three weeks to see Dr. Jackson. He spent 5 minutes with me telling me to quit my job and go swimming to,cure my back pain. He did not examine my back or ask me any questions regarding my pain. Total waste of time. He was very arrogant and had no emphathy at all. Do not see this guy.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Jackson did a wonderful surgery on my husband and gave him his life back. I can't say enough good about what he did for him. The whole process was smooth and professional!
in Kansas City, MO |
2 years ago I lost strength on my left side and my pinkie and ring finger went numb. My chest and tricep muscle started to atrophy. It affected my job and I could never get a full nights sleep. I was referred to a few surgeons. Dr. Jackson was by far the best at explaining the procedure and answering every question I had (and there were a lot!) The other surgeons seemed annoyed at any questions at all. Choosing Dr. Jackson after all my research was the best decision ever! I Highly recommend him!
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Jackson and his staff are amazing, They take the time to understand your issues and determine the best treatment for you. There are not enough words to express how grateful I am for them and how much they have helped me.
in Lawrence, KS |
At my first office visit with Dr. Jackson, he made me feel like he really cared and understood my pain. He was very informative and truly cared about me as a patient. I am getting ready to have a laminectomy/discectomy and I am anxious, but Dr. Jackson and his staff has made the process very positive. I'm truly thankful that I am under his care....
in Leavenworth, KS |
Its been a little over a year since my laminectomy of L4. I take no pain meds, and have minimal back pain.I have no burning, tingling, and radiating pain going down my hip, and legs. I went from applying for disability to working full time, and doing side projects. I saw Dr. jackson five years ago, at that time he recommended no surgery because I only had back pain, and I was improving with therapy, After another injury, and a worsening of symptoms he said it was surgery time.
Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. Jackson cleaned up a ruptured disk for me. I'm in my mid 40's and it's the 1st time I have had major surgery. I love that Dr. Jackson tried to avoid surgery in the beginning and only suggested it when we had exhausted other treatment options. I'm so glad I had the surgery and am now free of pain. I appreciate how well Dr Jackson and his assistant Derek listened to my concerns and questions. I feel like they truly cared about me. Derek was always quick to call me back when I left a messages.
in Olathe, KS |
Dr. Jackson is the most compassionate doctor I have ever meet. He is truly concerned with your condition, however really listened to me after the surgery. Doctor's can only do so much during the surgery and it is difficult to follow through, however he recommended after surgery to walk, walk, and walk. It then transitioned to swimming to help build up my bodies core. These are tasks that I highly encourage as I was not a typical case and the expected outcome "not good", however I am great!!!
Leonardville KS |
Dr. Jackson is an amazing doctor. Very professional and quality service. I had been having pain for years in my leg and within a very short time Dr. Jackson was able to diagnose the problem and fix it immediately. I would and have been recommending him to everyone.
in Lawrence, KS |
As an investigator of medical malpractice and misconduct, I am pretty hesitant to seek medical care. But seeing Dr. Jackson was the best decision of my life. His exceptional surgical skills and caring bedside manner put me at ease, despite being told I needed neck surgery at 29 years old. He performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion at my c5-c6 on June 28, 2016. I woke up pain free and was able to get back to my life almost immediately. I am so incredibly thankful for Dr. Jackson.
in Overland Park, KS |
I am a 58 year old woman in general excellent health. Somehow, I damaged my neck C-4, C-5, C-6 & C-7. The pain was horrible. Dr. Jackson performed my surgery on June 9. He fused C-5&6 and C-6&7. I literally woke up in the recovery room feeling better. The pain was GONE. By the end of the following week, I was pretty much functioning normally again. I just avoided lifting heavy objects. The entire staff at Premier Spine Care was always kind, patient, and helpful. I highly recommend them.
in Overland Park, KS |
After meeting Dr. Jackson and his team my anxiety greatly diminished. I was terrified to have surgery but could no longer handle suffering in pain and had no quality of life. Dr. Jackson thoroughly explained how the procedure would be completed, answered all of my questions and made me feel comfortable with moving forward. I'm 3 months post operation and PAIN FREE! If you are in pain and scared- go talk to Dr. Jackson and his team. Stop the suffering and get your life back!
in Overland Park, KS |
I rarely write reviews, but looking back at the gravity of the situation, I am convinced Dr. Jackson has a gift with the spine that you cannot learn in any textbook or rotation. I don't know if he keeps a magic wand in the OR, but his speed and accuracy in surgery are remarkable.If you want someone who knows what they're doing, likes what they're doing, and is really good at what they're doing, then Dr. Jackson is as good as it gets. (More details on Vitals, if needed)
in Grandview, MO |
I was sent there through a workers comp issue. He did my surgery and my overall experience with Dr. Jackson and his staff were really good. I was really nervous and now I am relieved of most of the pain. I'm waiting for therapy now .
in Mission, KS |
Dr.Jackson deserves the highest rating possible for his ability to surgically correct neck pain when no other treatment/ therapy works! I'm including his office & hospital support staff. He surrounds himself only with persons that measure up to his STANDARDS of EXCELLENCE. His bedside manner, diagnostic ability, and most importantly surgical skills resulted in relieving my cervical neck pain thus affording me a vastly improved quality of life. I've been an RN 48 years. You can TRUST my opinion!
in Kansas |
Three years ago I had lower back surgery and cervical spine surgery with fusion and plate. No issues with these surgery's to date. A much better quality of life. Highly recommend this caring Doctor.
in Emporia ks |
I think he is a laier because he works with the insurences companies he doesn't care about patients because I still have a lot a pain and went to Emergency room but he said I don't have anything just walk and you will be fine he said my pain is terrible but he didn't care at all..so please don't get him find a real and honest doctor who takes care of people instead his own profit..thanks
in Alma, KS |
Very professional, knowledgeable, friendly. I would recommend him to anyone looking to have back surgery. My back injury was caused at work, so I was worried about the doctor that workman's comp would provide. But I got Dr. Adrian P. Jackson and was very pleased.
in Hutchinson, KS |
PROFESSIONAL EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE, FRIENDLY, HONEST AND SINCERE....ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS I HAVE MET
in Fredonia, KS |
Very knowledgable about his job. I had a fusion several years ago and didn't realize what a bad experience I had. With Dr. Jackson, it was the total opposite. My pain level was almost none. His bedside manner is awesome. He knew what to do and how to do it. I couldn't be more pleased with his work. I'm not only recommending him to my friends and collegues, but my Dr. and physical therapist. They were also impressed with how well I was doing after surgery. Thank you Dr. Jackson
Have you seen Dr. Adrian Jackson, MD?
Are you Dr. Jackson?