Dr. Adolph Mares Jr, MD

Dr. Adolph Mares Jr, MD

Cardiology  |
Dr. Adolph Mares Jr, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Killeen, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Mares Jr is affiliated with Metroplex Hospital, St. David's South Austin Medical Center, St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, St. David's Medical Center and Heart Hospital of Austin.

2207 S Clear Creek Rd Ste 304

Killeen, TX 76549

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Mares Jr

See how frequently Dr. Mares Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thrombosis
Chest Pain
Congestive Heart Failure

Dr. Mares Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mares Jr "The Mission of Austin Heart is to provide exceptional cardiac and vascular care to every patient every day with a spirit of warmth, friendliness, and personal pride."

• Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Tetralogy of Fallot
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization

• Baylor College Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Americas Top Cardiologist, Consumer Research Council of America, 2007
  • Americas Top Cardiologist, Consumer Reseasrch Council of America, 2006
  • A re-evaluation of the indications for pulmonary artery catheters in obstetrics: The role of 2D echocardiography and doppler ultrasound, 1996
  • The addition of atropine improves the sensitivity of adenosine echocardiography for the detection of coronary artery disease., 1997

Dr. Mares Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mares Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mares Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mares Jr to family and friends
Dr. Mares Jr' Performance
in Kempner, Texas |
I’ve seen Dr Mares for eight years. He’s personable, thorough and professional. I completely enjoy his staff and can’t imagine having any other medical professional as my cardiologist. I’m thrilled that he comes to Lampasas weekly so those of us in the country needn’t drive to Harker Heights. Highly recommend him and Austin Heart.
in Copperas Cove, TX |
My visits to Dr. Mares office are always relaxed. My wait time is minimal and the receptionist and nurses are very friendly and easy to talk to.
Killeen,TX |
Dr. Mares and staff are great. I've been a patient for almost 15 years now. I refuse to see another doctor.
in Harker Heights, TX |
EVERY APPOINTMENT WITH DR. MARES IN A WELCOMING EXPERIENCE. THE STAFF FROM THE FRONT DESK TO THE NURSING STAFF ARE COURTEOUS AND OUTSTANDING AT EVERY VISIT . I HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO REFER HIS SERVICE TO ANY AND ALL WHO MAY NEED IT. IT'S A JOY AND PLEASURE TO GO TO THIS APPOINTMENT EVERYTIME.. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT DR. MARES AND THE AUSTIN HEART CLINIC IN HARKER HEIGHTS TEXAS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TEAM.
in Killeen, TX |
Dr. Mares is certainly the best Cardiologist around. He and his staff there at Harker Heights Austin Heart are so very professional and courteous. They make me feel more than just a patient, they make me feel like family. I appreciate that aspect of the practice so much and it sets my visit of one that is an easy experience. No matter what my concerns are he and the staff always sets my mind at ease. Thank you Dr. Mares and the staff for your care in my treatment plan.
in Harker Heights, TX |
Dr. Mares and his staff meet the highest standards. He provided results and answers where I had been left with question marks by other doctors in the past. Being in the medical field myself i truly appreciate everyone being very courteous, professional and competent. Never have I felt rushed like in other clinics. Dr. Mares always considers the whole picture and has given me some great suggestions to improve my all over health. I have had only the best experiences at Seton and with Dr. Mares.
in temple tx |
DR Mares was able to see me the next day after I called office his office. A s always, he listens to what I have to say and then he lets me know what I need to do to to help myself I always recommend him to my friends
Harker Heights, TX |
Dr. Mares is down to earth and will explain the process for your treatment Dr. Mares is very professional and ensure that the treatment is tailored to your needs.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Mares was so kind and compassionate with the emotional aspects of what I had been dealing with that led up to my visit with issues with my heart from the past. I appreciated his kindness and prompt attention to helping make sure the issues at hand are not repetitive from the past. God bless you Dr. Mares.
belton |
Dr. Mares is always attentive to my comments concerning my condition and symptoms. He goes over any new testing results and states his opinion as to any changes, if any, that should be considered. It feels like a "team effort" when deciding what to do for my heart health.
in Killeen, TX |
Dr Mares is a consummate professional who is willing to delve into the patient's daily life to help solve our ailments. His easy going manner has been extremely helpful to me in that I'm a very private person who does not discuss my ailments. I sincerely recommend Dr Mares to any heart patient that needs caring guidence.
Belton, Tx |
I am very impressed with Dr. Mares. He took time with me to learn my background and health concerns, then set up tests to learn more about what maybe causing my problem.
in Copperas Cove, TX |
He and his staff are fantastic. He was recommended after my heart surgery and he has not been a disappointment in the care he provides.
in Killeen, TX |
Dr. Mares was very professional and knowledgeable and really put my mind at ease. I want to thank him and I am glad to recommend him to others.
in Temple, TX |
Truly, I hope my family and or friends health condition never get to the situation where I need to refer or recommend Dr. Mares. Should one of them need medical support or they have a health condition related to Dr. Mares profession I would surely recommend him. Dr. Mares listens and provided great advice and recommendations for me to take care of myself and health. On serve occasions I informed him on my PCM changes my medications and he pointed out - let him take care of condition.
Killeen, TX |
When I was sent to a cardiologist I was thinking I had something totally different and when he diagnosed me I was scared but he was reassuring, he spends time explaining things and going over meds, and making sure I understand everything. The place is clean and friendly. I would recommend Austin Heart.
in Belton, TX |
Dr Mares is very committed to his patients. He answers your questions in a precise, clear way. Dr. Mares, understands your health concerns and helps you to have peace of mind while you deal with your health issues. I brought my husband to his practice and my husband is thanks to God, and to the doctor recommendations doing fine.
in Killeen, TX |
Dr. Mares is a wonderful cardiologist. He takes the time to listen to his patients and he explain what action he is going to take in terms you understand. I would recommend him to my friends and family. He is the best.
Houston, TX |
I love this office and Dr. Mares is awesome. The staff is friendly and professional. Even when my insurance changed, I still come here because of the good people.
in Copperas Cove, TX |
I had a wonderful experience on my first visit with. Dr. Mares. He is very easy to talk to and encourages questions. I found him thorough in his care.
Killeen, TX |
EXCELLENT SERVICE
in Killeen, TX |
Dr Mares is so kind and shows genuine concerns for his patients. Dr Mares never rushes me through my visits and he makes certain that I understand the medical information that He converses to me. Dr Mares has a great sense of humor and he makes me feel better when I'm feeling down. I would recommend Dr Mares as one of the best Cardiologist in Central Texas.
Have you seen Dr. Adolph Mares Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Mares Jr?

Visit Dr. Mares Jr

Dr. Mares Jr accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Mares Jr has admitting privileges