Dr. Adil Samad, MD

Dr. Adil Samad, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 40

Telehealth services available

Dr. Adil Samad, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Brandon Regional Hospital and South Bay Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Samad to book an appointment.

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

Wesley Chapel2653 Bruce B Downs Blvd Ste 201 Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
Brandon560 S Lakewood Dr Ste 101 Brandon, FL 33511

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Samad is affiliated with South Bay Hospital Sun City Center, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Brandon Regional Hospital

Dr. Samad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Samad

Dr. Samad?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (64)
  • Explained conditions well (64)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (64)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
Dr. Samad is a highly skilled surgeon who listens his patients and, in a fast and efficient manner, determines the best treatment for you. He answered all my questions with ease and compassion. After decades of unbearable back pain, inefficient treatments by other doctors, and tons of painkillers -- Dr. Samad, in a short time healed my spine and now pain is in the past. Thank You Dr. Samad!
William M. – Jul 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
I have seen so many great reviews for this guy. I wish I had had a similar experience. Maybe it was because I have Medicaid and there was no real money in my visits. I felt his indifference on the first visit. I had a referal for lumbar. I got my mri, and on my second visit, he never went over it. In fact my chiropractor had to tell me what the report meant. There is an area of concern where one of my facets has enlarged and is very close to my spinal cord. Samad said nothing of this. He dismissed my referral for my thoracic and cervical neck, I wanted further MRI's. He said lose weight. I am already doing this. I told him I lost my PT referal so at least i got that from him. My Chiropractor said, Nikki, I dont care if you reach 100 pounds, that may help some, but you have degenerative disc disease, and you will always have pain. And he is concerned about that facet. Because I receive Medicaid, I waited 5 months for my 1st visit. Do not reccomend if your poor. looking for new dr.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Nikki Page – May 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad is a very caring person and unbelievable surgeon who has helped me get back to a normal life. He reviewed my MRI and discussed what he was planning to do to correct my spine L2-3-4. Two weeks after surgery I followed up with Dr. Samad and I couldn’t ask for a better outcome after looking at the x-rays. It was an emotional day for me since he and his staff exceeded all my expectations. If you are looking for a spinal surgeon who you can trust and has the expertise look no further than Dr. Samad - your just amazing!
Joe Gess – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Also suffer with severe back and leg pain that I have not been able to walk for a very long time. I opted to have spinal fusion and am walking in 3 weeks without leg pain
Jane A Tyler – Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Adil Samad performed surgery on my neck to correct 2 herniated disc that had my spinal cord compromised. Prior to the surgery I was in a great deal of pain and losing my quality of life. From my first appointment through my post-op. visit I have received medical care that has far exceeded any expectations that I may have had. Dr. Samad is a BRILLIANT Surgeon, however I believe his greatest quality is his interaction with his patients, his genuine concern for what they are going through and their quality of life!!! I would highly recommend the services of Dr. Samad and his entire staff!
Michael Bailey – Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
He said Surgery wouldn’t help, didn’t matter what type, and recommended I get a second opinion with another orthopedic doctor in the same practice who I could hear him on the phone talking to after he told me to wait in the exam room. The walls were thin and he was next door. I felt like he was pawning me off or that I was overreacting about my pain. I’m 30 years old, I have had back problems since I was 16. My life revolves around my back and how it feels each day. I have done physical therapy more than a dozen times over the years, three epidural steroid injections and a plethora of other treatments with no success. I said I couldn’t take corticosteroids, he didn’t ask why, probably just assumed I was being difficult. I was overprescribed them in the past to the point of almost developing Cushing’s syndrome. My pain affects my work and at it’s most severe, my going to the restroom. I shouldn’t have been so hopefully to think I found a doctor who would finally help me.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
First time seeing Dr Samad and I was SO impressed! He was very personable and extremely helpful in explaining everything to me. He went over my xrays and he pointed out everything to me as he was showing me on the computer screen why I was having pain. I never felt rushed and he answered all my questions. His nurse practioner, Meredith, is wonderful too! A real sweetheart! She gave me a shot in my hip while she took her time with me also. Staff at the desk were very professional and friendly too. Super clean orthopedic center, follows all the COVID guidelines to a tee, and then some. Highly recommend.
Janice Libbey – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad and his entire office treat you with respect and truly treat you like you and your case are important to them. They are attentive to your questions and needs and work hard to make sure you are taken care of. They work with you to push through all the insurance red tape and have a full service office with X-ray, MRI, Casting, Braces as well as a physical therapy department. Surgery went perfect and recovery was a breeze. I would highly recommend Dr. Samad!
Dale Sparks – Jan 22, 2021
Dale, thank you for your 5 star review and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad has been very up-front in all our communications, prior to surgery and post-surgery follow-up visits. He has communicated very well about the procedure, the necessary restrictions and post-surgery care. His sense of humor has made the visits enjoyable. I had a rod placed in my lumbar region after spacers from a previous surgery became dislodged. We discussed several options, but agreed surgery and rod emplacement was the best option. During surgery, he found two spacers had become dislodged, not just one. He knows I am impatient with the recovery period, and he has injected humor in our discussions. He has also been very conservative about any exertion on the rod emplacement and the time for the screws to full adhere to the vertebra. I highly recommend him for spinal surgery and care. Trust in a surgeon working on your spine is a necessity. He is a surgeon that has earned my trust.
Ed – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad is without question the best surgeon I have had the pleasure of dealing with. After my cervical fusion, he continues to show a level of compassion and care I have not experienced with other doctors or surgeons. This being my second fusion, he is the Rockstar of surgeons and the staff is his band. Thanks Dr. Samad.
T. Stemen – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
I’d recommend him to anyone. He performed a two level spinal fusion which greatly improved my quality of life.
Jul 19, 2020
Dr. Samad's Reply –
Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
I thought I did a lot of research before seeing Dr. Samad and based on all of the wonderful reviews that I read out here, I expected something different. I broke my back in a car accident 32 years ago and at the time my physician decided to fuse my spine using two 10 inch stainless steel Harrington rods. I have not seen an orthopedic physician for back issues in almost 32 years...just regular chiropractic visits. In the past year, I have been experiencing escalating pain in my lower and upper back and finally decided to see a professional who could assess my situation. I saw his nurse practitioner first and after I told her about my back pain, she said “well, you are really skinny”. She proceeded to get Dr. Samad. He asked me no questions about my activities, I just shared with him where I had back pain and he said it was because I was thin and I “should go home and eat McDonald’s”. My husband and I couldn’t believe we drove over an hour for that experience.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad performed my lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy two weeks ago. I am very happy with him as my doctor. He is very easy to talk to, he and his NP Meredith are always sure to answer all my questions, and he was immediately responsive post-surgery to my questions/issues. He even called in an additional prescription that night which made a huge difference for my recovery at home. I feel very confident in my care plan going forward and am very grateful to Dr. Samad for helping me. It doesn't change any health outcomes, but I wish I'd had a more in-depth walk through from the doc of what all my surgery would entail ahead of time (I didn't know for sure I was getting a laminectomy until I signed consent forms at the hospital). He did provide me with an online resource on microdiscectomy to review which mentioned in some cases laminectomy can be performed, and that resource was very good.
Lindsey D – May 29, 2020
Dr. Samad's Reply –
Thank you, Lindsey!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
I have suffered with numbness in my legs for 15+ years, and I decided to see Dr. Samaad to see what he recommended. He said that he could perform surgery which would correct my lumbar difficulties. After much thought and a severe fall, I decided to let him perform the surgery. He did the surgery 2 weeks ago, and I can walk without numbness now. He is a very caring individual, and I recommend that any one who has lumbar issues should consult with him.
Sue – Mar 13, 2020
Hi Sue, thank you for sharing your experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad is everything you want in a Dr. . He tells you what you need to know and what is and isn’t a problem and answers your questions. After my hemi laminectomy was performed, I have had zero leg pain. Truly a miracle. I would highly recommended him.
Colleen Anderson in Zephyrhills , FL – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr.Samad was very attentive and responded to all of my questions. He really made me and my family feel comfortable about my procedure! He is such a thorough and caring doctor. He did an excellent job with my stitches. His follow up care was and is exceptional. I was very blessed to have him as as my physician and the doctor who performed my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Samad for anyone who is in need of spinal care/surgery. Kudos to Dr. Samad and his assistant Dr. Sheyan Armaghani!!!
Betty Wright – Jan 08, 2020
Hi Betty, thank you for the five stars! We love...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
He has completed two surgeries on my husband. We have total confidence in him. We gave and will continue to highly recommend him to friends.
Mrs George (Gloria) Whitfield – Nov 18, 2019
Hi Mrs. Gloria, thank you for taking the time to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
A very caring doctor. Wonderful bedside manners. Explains things in language that anyone can understand. My cervical surgery went well with full recovery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Samad and his staff.
Nov 09, 2019
Hello, thank you for the five star review!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad is fantastic!! He is smart/caring/kind. He took the time needed to clearly explain my situation and discuss my options. I told him I hope to only run into him out & about in the neighborhood to be honest...however, I would totally trust him if ever I need surgery. The entire staff at Wesley Chapel is phenomenal!!!
Cheryl in Tampa – Nov 01, 2019
Hi Cheryl, we appreciate the five star review!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?
Dr. Samad has the professional knowledge and expertise I expected. He always speaks to me in language I can understand. He answers any questions I ask. I have seen him at every visit. I saw him before I had my surgery, and he came to my room after surgery. He really seems to care about his patients. His "bedside manner" is to be commended.
Barbara S. – Oct 06, 2019
Hi Barbara, thank you for the five stars and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adil Samad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Samad?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Samad's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Ankle Fracture
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Gout
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Samad accepts

Dr. Samad accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Medicaid
Prime Health Services
RockPort Health Care
Tricare

Dr. Samad chose to specialize in spine surgery to improve his patient’s quality of life. The most rewarding aspect of his work is playing a part in this...Read more

Dr. Samad received his fellowship training in adult spinal surgery at the John Hopkins University, considered one of the top spine fellowships in the country....Read more

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery