Dr. Adelina Emmi, MD

Dr. Adelina Emmi, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Adelina M. Emmi, is currently the medical director at Sher Fertility in Central Illinois, is a board-certified Reproductive Endocrinologist with more than 20 years of clinical experience in the field of infertility. She has headed numerous medical programs around the country including programs in Georgia, Massachusetts, and Michigan. She serves her patients with experience, knowledge, and compassion gained from her more than two decades in the field of reproductive medicine. Dr. Emmi has dedicated much of her professional life to teaching in addition to practicing medicine. She has held faculty appointments at universities including New York University, Tufts University, University of Pennsylvania, the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, and Georgia Regents University. She has won a number of teaching awards throughout her career, and has served on numerous medical and professional committees, attesting to her dedication and abilities in the field of infertility. Her areas of special expertise include: IVF and Assisted Reproductive Technologies Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Menstrual Dysfunction Fertility Preservation in Cancer Patients Egg/Embryo Fertilization Issues in IVF Menopause Hirsutism In addition to English, Dr. Emmi is fluent in Italian.

5401 N Knoxville Ave Ste 102

Peoria, IL 61614

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Coventry Health Care of Illinois
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Emmi

Dr. Emmi's Experience

Dr. Emmi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

This content was provided by Dr. Emmi "For everyone at Sher Institute of Reproductive Medicine in Central Illinois, every single delivery – and story – is precious to us. We are inspired everyday by our patients' stories and we are proud to have been a part of their journey.

At Sher Institute our mission is to help infertile couples complete their IVF journey to joyful parenthood. SIRM's reproductive fertility centers operate under a shared set of medical protocols, so you can be confident you're getting the same standard of fertility care regardless of which office you choose.

Sher Institute's philosophy focuses on individualized infertility care, custom-tailored to the needs of each patient. Our fertility clinics build our IVF treatment protocols on the latest scientific and technological breakthroughs in the field of infertility – many of which are pioneered by our own physicians."

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Cervical Polyps
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Operative Hysteroscopy
  • Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound, Pelvic
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Smith College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Napoli-I / Faculty of Medicine And Surgery
    Medical School | Graduated
  • St Josephs Hospital and Medical Center
  • UMDNJ - University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Emmi has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Emmi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Emmi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Emmi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Emmi to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Emmi's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Emmi and the staff at Sher are incredible. I now have a perfect 5 month old boy. After 3 years of trying, we started seeing Dr Emmi in June and I was pregnant in September after our 1st IUI.
in Peoria, IL |
Dr. Emmi was fantastic! I came to Sher after over two years of not being able to conceive and a multitude of other issues. Dr. Emmi was able to get to the root of the issue and now I can say I'm finally pregnant with just one round of IVF! Dr. Emmi's staff is phenomenal and are extremely attentive. I would highly recommend Sher!
in Peoria, IL |
Dr. Emmi listened to my input and was genuinely interested in my progress for reproduction success. Although my fertility issue were not straightforward ("unexplained"), she took every effort to look at all possible options. The staff was very attentive and accessible. I do not know what I would have done without Jenny, Corrie, and Joleen! After 5 years of trying on our own then 3 IVF attempts, our little miracle is finally on his way! Thank you Sher Institute Peoria, Illinois!
in bloomington, Il |
She is very greedy and she wants to delay whole process so she can get more money from people and worst part, she is charging money to share report result also, this is really worst she already charge money to us and Insurance for test. I really don’t understand why she need to charge money to share test result? She already charged money for complete test. Please keep away from her and find some better Dr.
in Peoria, IL |
My husband and I started trying to conceive over 6 years ago. We started with Sher Institute 3.5 years ago and although we had failed IUIs and failed IVFs we can finally say we are going to have a baby and are ecstatic about the news!!! WE ARE FINALLY GOING TO BE PARENTS which is something that we have dreamed of for a long time! Dr Emmi and her staff are all just amazing people with great bedside manners. They had all become a part of our family that were cheering for us. XOXOX
in Peoria, IL |
She is very greedy, try to still you all the money, she force you to do all the test in her labs Her staff are worst list her, very rude and for small things they charge money , which other doctors don’t do it. I will suggest to be away from her.
in Hennepin, IL |
We had such an amazing experience with Dr Emmi and her team at Sher in Peoria, IL. Because of them, we will be enjoying our first Christmas as mommy and daddy to beautiful twin baby boys.
Bloomington, IL |
I think the office staff is incredibly rude. We were sent there by referral but yet the receptionist told us we didn't qualify. My ob/gyn referred us so does his opinion not matter? I think dr Emmi herself is kind, but the nurses that work for her aren't. After getting an appointment they put us on birth control to "prepare for ivf" but then cancelled my cycle of ivf an kept me on birth control. When I asked the nurse about it she said "oh I forgot" um I guess I expect more than that.
in Pekin, IL |
I can't say enough good things about this clinic. After years of trying to have a baby, I am finally 4 months pregnant. I felt welcomed and cared for from the very first phone call. I was always greeted with a smile from Susan and the other receptionists. The nursing staff, Jolene, Jenny, and Corrie always made me fell comfortable, kept encouraging me, and answered all my questions. Dr. Emmi answered all my questions in a straight forward way and finally ended up getting me a positive result
in Peoria, IL |
Dr. Emmi is amazing! She is one of the most honest, real doctors I have ever met. She tells it how it is and is very witty, so if you want a doctor that beats around the bush and gives you fluff she is not the one. Her nurse corrie is also a God Send! She always emails back promptly and answered every little question (there were tons) without ever getting the slightest bit annoyed. I am going through IVF this month and they have been amazing. I trust them with my (and future babys) life.
in IL |
Dr Emmi was excellent. From the first time we sat down and discussed our case to our last visit (10 week ultrasound) she was great. The staff was also amazing! Jen and Corrie would take calls/emails after hours. We will be welcoming our baby girl next month!!
in Peoria, IL |
NO bedside manner, which would be fine if she was a great Dr...but she isn't. She sent me for an ultrasound/ MRI 7 weeks ago ago. When I called to see if I could schedule a followup appointment, they said She has your results and will call if she has any recommendations. How is it acceptable to send someone for all this expensive testing and not go over results? I am seeing a new doctor who said that testing was unnecessary and apologized that I was dragged through the dirt.
Have you seen Dr. Adelina Emmi, MD?
Are you Dr. Emmi?

Platinum PPO
    Emblem Health
  • HealthLink
    HealthLink PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio