Dr. Adele K. Evans, MD

Dr. Adele K. Evans, MD

Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) | Female

Salem Pediatric Ear & Airway Center 1677 Westbrook Plaza Dr Ste 180, Winston Salem, NC 27103 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Treating children means connecting with children and parents. So often we say, "Children are not just little adults." In my care, I have always felt it important to focus on each child in their own special patient-doctor relationship, to develop care plans tailored to meet the needs of each child and his or her parent, and to make it as easy as possible for each parent to get the care his or her child needs.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Evans' Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Evans' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Evans

Dr. Evans accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Evans has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Evans' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Evans to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Evans
Dr. Evans' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (6)
Dr. Adele K. Evans, MD says

It is my duty and my honor to be able to provide my patients and their families with the best care possible. If there are any problems with any experience with me, I will always do my best to make them better.

in Leland, North Carolina |
We came to Dr.Evans by recommendation tom another doctor. From the time we shook hands and chatted with her about our son's health issues we knew she was the right fit for his needs. She has preform six different surgeries on our son. She is professional and so kind. She treats her patients as though they are her number one priority! Without Dr. Evans our son would have had permeant hearing loss. Our son trust her and that means a lot in our book. We highly recommend her professional care.
Thank you so much, for always being such good collaborators in Myles' health care!
Dr Evans has been my children's specailist for the last 5 years. My son went to her for a second opinion after a long battle with his ears and adverse side effects from two previous surgeries. Without a doubt had we not chosen to seek a second opinion with her, my son would have had permanent damage to his ears. From day 1, it was evident we made the right choice in seeking Dr Evans opinion. My daughter started out with her and has now graduated. There is not a better specialist available.
Thank you so much!!! It's an honor to have shared this time with your family.
Have you seen Dr. Adele K. Evans, MD?

Compare Dr. Evans

×

• Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otology

Why It Matters: Dr. Evans' Board Certifications

• Otolaryngology

Dr. Evans says..

I have studied both medicine and surgery in very specialized training programs.

The Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary Residency Program provides a very healthy exposure to pediatric care at Boston Children's Hospital, with 12 months of training over the 4 year program. (The minimum requirements for residency are barely 6 months.) Additionally, the program is reknowned world-wide for ear surgery. With 5 dedicated ear surgeons in the core hospital program, I had excellent mentors who were fantastic instructors and focused on developing my skills.

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has ranked at the top of the US News & World Report for years, and the Otolaryngology Fellowship Program was one that was full of experience with routine conditions, like ear infections and tonsillitis and sleep apnea, but also very busy with special airway treatments and complex ear surgeries, involving ossicular reconstruction and cochlear implantation.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Breathing-Related Sleep Disorders
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Strep Throat
  • Stridor
  • Velopharyngeal Insufficiency

Dr. Evans says..

With extensive training in residency and fellowship, I began cochlear implantation program development for pediatric patients at Duke Children's Hospital (2006-2008) and then continued that work at Wake Forest / Brenner Children's (2008-2015). I have lectured both locally and out-of-state about how cochlear implants work for patients. I have worked with both Cochlear Americas products and Advanced Bionics Products over the last 13 years.

I have repaired two Type IV Laryngo-Tracheo-Esophageal clefts; this condition has a very high morbidity and mortality rate. It is very rare, but my patients are doing amazingly well. In addition, I invented a special breathing tube specifically for the treatment of this condition, which is currently in the process of patenting. I developed a new technique for the repair of this problem that was published recently in the International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Neck Mass
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implants
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Emory University

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Completed in 2006

University of Florida

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Evans has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Evans does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Evans and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Evans' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Evans

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Evans' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Evans

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Evans says...

I am so excited to be announcing that I am still in the Winston-Salem area and planning to continue to provide high-quality pediatric otolaryngology care for my patients, both my existing patients and the very welcome newcomers.

Dr. Evans' Care Philosophy

Dr. Evans says...

I have studied both medicine and surgery in very specialized training programs.