Dr. Adel Helmy, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Adel Helmy, MD
Dr. Adel Helmy, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Lighthouse Point, FL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Helmy is affiliated with Plantation General Hospital, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Broward Health Coral Springs and Holy Cross Hospital.

Dr. Helmy's Care Philosophy

I am board certified in Neurology with special qualification in child neurology (Pediatric Neurology).

Dr. Helmy's Experience

See how Dr. Helmy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Helmy

Dr. Helmy accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Helmy is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Helmy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Helmy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Helmy to family and friends
    2.5
    Dr. Helmy's Performance
    in Pompano Beach FL |
    This doctor likes to scare moms send u on tons of tests and tell u he thinks the worst for your baby then at the end of it all say he sorry he was wrong he did this to other moms as well I wonder if he gets a kick back for all the Referel's I would never recommend him to my worst enemy I think he is absolutely terrible for what he does. My story is dependable and way more than what I am able to share here but trust me do not use this terrible human.
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    I very weird how two people can have such drastic opinions about one person. Dr. Helmy is patient, kind, he interacts with my son, asks questions, and allows me to make decisions. He doesn't have an I know it all attitude. I didn't get the best news regarding my son and only the future will tell but so far he's been great. Thank you from Dawn and Caleb.
    Boca Raton, FL |
    Dr. Helmy is a great doctor. His correctly diagnosed my child even before the test results came back. He is thorough and very nice.
    in Lighthouse point, FL |
    I had a pleasant experience with Dr. Helmy and would definitely recommend him. He was both professional and personable. He asked me questions and listened to everything I had to say. The appt was concerning my 8m old, so Dr. Helmy put me at ease. It isn't fun bringing your child to any doctor, let alone a neurologist, so I was happy to discover that Dr. Helmy's a genuinely nice doctor. Anyway, he provided me with options and didn't pressure me to make a decision.
    Boca Raton, FL |
    Dr. Helmy is not personable. He is not worth the co-pay. Every visit is not even 10 minutes long and it is mostly talking. The only thing that he checks is my son's vitals. He is combative when you question his treatment plan.
    Boca Raton, FL |
    When my 10 year old son complained of back and leg pain Dr. Helmy said he does not do back and legs and did not know anyone who does.
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    Dr. took his time to explain everything effectively and was very patient with my child. He took his time to answer all questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend Dr. Helmy.
    in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
    EXCELENT DOCTOR
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    My son has autism and it was barely three parents in the office and we waited three hours and the doctor never came out. This review is two years late but I needed his information for some forms I'm filling out and ended up reading the reviews and decided I needed to leave one. I never went back. How can a neurologist do that to any patient much less a patient with autism? He never spent time with us anyway. 3 to 5 minutes tops he would see us after having us waiting 90 minutes or more.
    in Deerfield Beach, FL |
    First, the office is old and dirty. The toys set out for the children or dingey or look unsanitary. Most important reason for my poor review: this Dr. has 0 bedside manner. He spent a total of barely 5 minutes with my son and Myself, asked if we heard of Autism and handed us pamphlet then sent us away to get some blood work done at a LabCorp. 0 interaction with my son, not personable. I highly recommend going else where!
    Apparently this doctor misdiagnosed me by saying I had mental issues but apparently i had an autoimmune disease which made me to be in a coma and in a hospital for 2 months
    Have you seen Dr. Adel Helmy, MD?
    Are you Dr. Helmy?

Dr. Helmy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Helmy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology, Pediatric Neurology and Pediatrics

• Diplomat American Board of Pediatric
      • Diplomat of American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology with special qualification in child neurology
      • Member of American Academy of Neurology

Dr. Helmy has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Helmy's Board Certifications

• Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
    • Pediatric Neurology
    • Pediatrics

• ADHD and-or ADD
    • Ataxia
    • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
    • Bell's Palsy

Nassau Co Med Center
      Ain Shams

Graduated in 1974

• Creole

Dr. Helmy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Helmy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology