Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 58

Psychiatry

Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Henderson, NV and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Ibadan, College Of Medicine in 1988. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD

A-ajayi MD Pllc

8965 S Pecos Rd Ste 10B Henderson, NV 89074

Dr. Ajayi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ajayi

3.3

Dr. Ajayi

Highly Recommend
Dr. Ajayi has been treating me for depression for several years and has helped me immensely. After my hospital stay, he met with me the same day I called for follow-up. Don't let his very dry personality fool you. He knows his stuff, will get you on the right meds and gets right to the point if I have questions. He also returns my phone calls in a timely manner. The staff have always been very kind & professional at Harmony Healthcare as well. Thank you for your excellent psychiatric care Dr. Ajayi.
Kimberly Ewell – Aug 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Patient for 4 years and he has never let me down!
Dr. Ajayi is incredible! I have been seeing psychiatrists regularly for 7 years now, and in that time I have seen 6 before Dr. Ajayi became my 7th (and current). As someone who has an unfortunately extremely violent traumatic incident at a very young age, finding a psychiatrist who would not pass me off to “someone more qualified” and/or who actually sees me and my mental health and TREATS it, not just throws meds at me as if they’re scared of me and completely lost on what to do or how to help, Dr. Ajayi was a true saving grace to me personally! He is not only the most knowledgeable psych I’ve ever met with, he is also the most understanding and comforting. Regardless of the life situation I am experiencing at any given time, Dr, Ajayi always knows instantly what is going on with me psychologically and the best course of action to take to truly HELP. I very highly recommend him!! Thank you Dr. Ajayi for your constant, reliable help!
Brittany Poliskey – May 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Would leave ZERO stars!! Had to miss a day's work to see him...he never showed up for my appointment...no call,,,nothing!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa Weiss – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
I've seen a multitude of psychiatrists over the years & this guy is by FAR the Worst!! Getting my meds filled each month was an absolute nightmare. More than once I went without my meds for days waiting for his office to call me back or simply write a refill prescription. His office is a complete disaster. Imagine an 8 year old trying to organize files and keep things straight. Papers and files EVERYWHERE stacked up. Plan on waiting a LONG time each in person visit. One time I waited in his lobby 2.5 hours after my scheduled appointment to finally be seen. One time he moved offices and didn't tell me about it. I couldn't find online and so I had to scramble to find a new doctor all while I was suffering from withdrawals not being able to get my meds filled. I was VERY tempted to pursue litigation against this guy. STAY AWAY!! I don't think it's possible for a doctor to be worse on so many levels than this unorganized, unethical "doctor"
May 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Dr. Ajayi is the most arrogant "medical professional" . A therapist I had 2 appointments with sent me to Dr. Ajayi for a medical evaluation letter that she felt I was ready for. I show up for my appointment with Ajayi and he pretty much told me I shouldn't be there since I hadn't had 6 months worth of sessions with the therapist. Instead of him being the medical director and taking ownership of a mistake someone under him made, he blamed it all on the therapist and then got arrogant and sassy with me for being upset and wanting clarification on why I was told one thing by the therapist and then hearing something different from him. He talked down to me like I was an idiot, all but insulted my surgeon, and took no accountability whatsoever for the mistakes made by staff that he oversees. Absolutely the most arrogant and unsympathetic person out there. I'm SORRY for wanting clarification and sympathy for a mistake made by your staff who sent me to you!
jake – Sep 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Not helpful. After my saying that a lot of my anxiety was related to my extreme Postmenopausal symptoms. He replied that he knew nothing about Menopause and that I should see my gynecologist. Yeah thanks a lot, I've seen a half a dozen doctors but no one has been helpful. I started HRT only to start having Post Menopause Bleeding after a little over a year and was forced to discontinue. I also underwent an alternative treatment (SGB) which was not covered under my insurance and paid over $2000.00. I was also prescribed a fee different SSRI's which are apparently know to lessen symptoms. They did not and this side affects were unbearable. So this doctor was not helpful. He also made inaccurate claims on my chart. His office was in total disarray with patient files stacked in chairs on desk and tables and on the floor. I was not comfortable in that environment.
Pamela Webb – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
This Dr. is so arrogant that he does not make eye contact. He doesn't listen to issues, but instead waves his hands and tells the patient that all he's there to do is to prescribe medication. And then he doesn't listen to the patient who asks for generic and he prescribes the MOST EXPENSIVE medication possible! Horrible doctor!
May 21, 2019
Horrible.
Rachelelice in OR – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Abysmal. I cannot reiterate enough what people have said. He is the most arrogant and least effective medical (un)professional I have ever encountered. As people say he saunters in after patients have waited hours, unapologetic and arrogant. If you have rounds YOU DO NOT SCHEDULE PATIENTS. Everything he prescribed me was wrong, which I knew and told him and was later confirmed when I changed psychiatrist. I think he actually closed down. Rainbow location suddenly closed-no word to anyone
Feb 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Awful. His utter lack of respect for other people’s time astounds me. They schedule patients knowing that the patients will have to wait at least two hours, I averaged 3 once going to 4 hours. He saunters in and staff just excuse him saying he was making rounds. Fine he has other obligations, but don’t schedule him then. I waited this last time for 2.5 hours where I had been called the night before and told they suddenly moved office. I was on the phone getting a new psychiatrist as I waited
Fed Up in Las Vegas, NV – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
The doctor was very professional and well spoken, he clearly explained my treatment options and made me a care plan right then. I will be coming again!
A Pleased patient in Las Vegas, NV – Aug 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Do not see this guy. He is a bold face liar. I promise u will be better off seeing anyone else. He no longer will Rx any anxiety meds but will give you 2 anti depressant meds together. No side effects there, lol. He should not practice medicine. His receptionist hangs up the phone on u.
Chris Thompson in NV – Aug 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Dr. Ajayi has been so helpful and has saved me from being agoraphobic and depression , i was not able to leave my house for over 2 years and with his help i am able to go places and start my recovery
Darren in las vegas, NV – Jul 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
I wish I could put zero stars. It is very clear that this office is unorganized. I usually wait a minimum of two hour even with an appointment and I have waited for three on multiple occasions. If the level of care was good I wouldn't be bothered by a long wait, however care is sub par. The Dr is not thorough and is clearly rushing. Prescriptions are not sent in a timely fashion if they get sent at all. If you have a question or need to speak with the office staff, good luck they rarely answer.
JF – Jun 19, 2018
I am sorry we did not live up to your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
You’ll wait for 4 hours. My second time I had to come for afollow up on my medications and I was about to be out in 2 days. The front office witch kept saying I’m next but people kept coming after me. I go to ask her about it and she gets the worst attitude with me and then when I walk away she is talking about me to other patients. I tell her that is unprofessional and she says “well you don’t have to come here”. I told the dr and he said “find another dr” and dismissed me without seeingme
Los Angeles, CA – Nov 29, 2017
I am sorry this happened, but if you're causing a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Had my first appointment at 1 o'clock and arrived 30 minutes early to fill out forms. Receptionist said the doctor would not be in until 2 o'clock for unforeseen reasons. She was not even courteous enough to call and let me know. Had to wait 30 more minutes because he has a policy that existing patients get top priority over new patients and they are seen before new patients no matter what time they arrive. He has all his patients files stacked on top of his desk which is against the law.
Farquhar in Henderson, NV – Aug 09, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. The wait time issue...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
He told me that he wanted me to have an EKG done to make sure starting new meds would be safe and then just immediately gave me those meds before I'd even made an appointment for the EKG. That was sketchy, but I held off on the meds until the EKG had cleared me. Then I started taking them, and when I came in to get a refill, he refused to do it without a very specific kind of documentation. So it was safe to give me the meds when he knew nothing about my heart, but not when I'd been cleared?
Jul 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Dr. AJ is amazing I have been a patient of his for almost seven years and what I found that I like most is he always make sure he gets updates on your health and how your process is doing he likes to talk to you and he likes you to listen to him I like the fact that he thinks outside the box about other medical issues that you have that could be affecting you emotionally and he really actually seems to wants to listen to it thanks dr. AJ Lavana
Walkers in Las Vegas, NV – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
Very nice and comfortable environment.
Brunette in Henderson, NV – Apr 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?
He explained in detailed the medication he prescribed!
Joy Wyse in Henderson – Apr 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ajayi?