Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 50

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Vestavia Hls, AL and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Rabbani has extensive experience in Addiction & Substance Abuse. He graduated from University of Karachi / Dow Medical College in 1996. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brookwood Baptist Medical Center and Grandview Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD

• Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Frequently Treated by Dr. Rabbani

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Rabbani treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Rabbani treats other conditions, please contact the office at (205) 440-6292.

Addiction & Substance Abuse

Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other Addiction & Substance Abuse specialists.

Dr. Rabbani is experienced in the area of Addiction & Substance Abuse. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Behavior Therapy
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Rabbani accepts

Dr. Rabbani accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Self Pay

Dr. Rabbani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rabbani

2.4

Dr. Rabbani

Dr. Rabbani has really helped me since I have been under his care. He is genuine in caring for his patients, and providing the right care for them. He listens to concerns and addresses them, accordingly. Additionally, he offers explanations for better understanding of what is being experienced. Several times I have forgotten to reschedule an appointment and he graciously takes the extra time to see me. There's not many people who would work as hard for their patients as he does. I am grateful for him and would not be where I am today without his care.
Aug 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
If you really need help badly… good luck
I see everyone is having similar experiences. Sandy in the office was extremely rude and refused to help or offer any assistance after she cancelled my appointment hours before it was scheduled. I have waited months for this appointment. When I tried to schedule an in person appointment like she said I needed to, she said he still would not see me because in a few months Dr Rabbini will be out of town. Since he will be on a trip at some other time he will not even speak to me on the phone to explain or listen to my pleads for help. This office does not care about their patients, including those with a history of depression and suicidal thoughts. Sounds like a good doctor. Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your breath on Sandy- she couldn’t care less. And apparently neither does Rabbini or any other doctor at this facility.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Helpplease – Jun 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
The office staff is rude. It’s very difficult to receive any kind of communication with the staff at all. I wish I would have listened to my gut after my first appointment with Dr Rabbani and not returned. Please continue looking if you are searching for a new psychiatrist. Take notice of the many 1 star reviews.
  • Long wait times
Oct 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
He let me down as a doctor. He refused to treat my ADD that has been treated for almost 20 years. If he doesn't believe in treating ADD then he needs to change professions. My guess is that he doesn't believe it is real. Not the kind of doctor I'd ever recommend to anyone.
Aug 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
No. No. and No!!!! I should not have been triggered by an office visit!!!!! Do not discredit another physicians work just because it's not the path you would take. I specifically told my previous doctor that I wanted to try alternative ways to manage my Bipolar without medication and this Doctor just came in....without knowing my history....and was like no this is how you treat bipolar....meds meds meds......thanks but no thanks. I will not be back!
Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
This man is horrible I wouldn't recommend him to a dead person. He is self caring he didn't get to know me or wasn't even concerned about why I was there. It was a waste of my time and money and I would never go back to that place.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Carolyn Harris – Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
Working with Dr Rabbani has been life changing. I felt understood. He helped me through the worst time in my life when I felt depressed, anxious and trapped. He helped me see clearly how I was limiting myself in areas of my life that I thought were unchangeable. He helped me change my basic views and feelings about myself. He is able to give very honest helpful feedback and his compassion and caring makes it easy to discuss anything. Despite being busy, I always felt he was there for me and avai
Nichole Z in Birmingham, AL – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
Dr. Adeel Rabbani is amazingly intelligent. He is an experienced psychiatrist who will listen to your symptoms carefully and then responsibly prescribe. I have tried many psychiatrists and he is by far well informed about different meds. Dr. Rabbani has really helped me a lot. I was very depressed before and now I am doing much better!
Leah in Birmingham, AL – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
Dr. Rabbani is a phenomenal doctor who actually listens and provides the best treatment plan possible. From the moment I walked into the office, my experience was nothing other than positive. I found the front office staff very friendly and inviting. After seeing a few psychiatrists in the area, I would recommend him to anyone who wants someone who will address your needs and is attentive and caring.
Melissa N in Birmingham, AL – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
This man is a terrible doctor. He refused to prescribe me meds that I've been taking since 2007 and in general just had a rude, unsympathetic attitude and basically just spent 20 minutes telling me that he would not be transferring my meds that have been prescribed to me by my WELL QUALIFIED Psychiatrists in the past.. AND THEN HE CHARGES ME $350 for the visit!! When I asked him for a refund he told me that I had my "evaluation" and would not be giving me a refund. Don't go see this Dr!
John in Birmingham, AL – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?
Horrible! Didn't do anything he said he would.
Feb 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adeel Rabbani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rabbani?