Dr. Adeel Khan, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Retina Institute of Indiana 11188 Diebold Rd Fort Wayne, IN 46845 Get Directions
Dr. Adeel Khan, MD
Dr. Adeel Khan, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Fort Wayne, IN.

Dr. Khan's Care Philosophy

Dedicated to provide patients with exceptional care in the diagnosis and management of complex medical and surgical eye diseases.

Dr. Khan's Experience

See how Dr. Khan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Khan

Dr. Khan is now accepting new patients
Retina Institute of Indiana11188 Diebold Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46845
Evening
(260) 483-9500Get Directions

Dr. Khan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khan to family and friends
Dr. Khan's Performance
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan provided me with excellent care over the past two years. I'd really like to continue to see him but he is leaving the practice. He was very good about explaining each procedure and answered any questions that I had. In addition to his expertise, I also appreciated his considerate manner and genuine interest in me as a person. I will miss him.
in New Haven, IN |
I would like to have him back as my doctor but that is not possible at this time as I had to change because of his moving.I am thinking of following him to his new location in the near future.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan is leaving the practice and we will miss him very much. In addition to being a great doctor, he is also very kind and considerate to his patients, making them feel comfortable and relaxed. We wish him the best in his next location!
in Leo IN |
Thank you for your excellent care of Joseph Orth. His tests this time show that the leakage has stopped. God Bless you and Thank you for caring about us.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I was treated for a detached retina by Dr. Kahn, he we was very comforting and reassuring during my treatment. His personality and professionalism was some of the best I have ever been associated with. I have recommended Dr. Khan to friends (one of my other doctors has been treated by Dr. Khan could not agree more he is one of the best). Sorry to hear he is leaving, Ft. Wayne is losing one of the most compassionate and caring doctors.
in Fremont, Indiana |
I have complete trust and confidence in Dr. Khan's care. His genuine concern and knowledge of my problem put me at ease almost immediately. He explained each procedure in detail and followed up, making sure that I was healing and finally well. Thank you Dr. Khan.
in Bluffton, IN |
Dr. Khan has done a wonderful job of caring for my eyes. His procedure has addressed my eye problem with great success. He is a kind, caring doctor. I am sad that he is leaving the Fort Wayne area, but I wish him the very best.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan has been treating me for parafoveal telangiectasias and macular edema of my left eye. His knowledge of the condition, especially in regards it's treatment, significantly eased my concern about having this condition. He has used a studied approach to treatment and has gone to great lengths to explain what he's doing as the treatment has proceeded. And his treatment has succeeded, the condition seems to be in remission. I would recommend Dr. Kahn to anyone in a heartbeat.
in Syracuse, IN |
I am sorry to hear that Dr. Kahn is leaving the Ft. Wayne area. Dr. Kahn has been compassionate and caring since my first appointment, instilling confidence in his knowledge and ability to treat. We wish him well and much success in his future endeavors, but we will miss his smiile and kindness.
in Warsaw, IN |
Dr. Khan was kind, sympathetic, knowledgeable and gentle. He explained my condition (detached retina) thoroughly. I would highly recommend him! Thank you, Dr. Khan!
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan is the most compassionate, caring, professional surgeon in the world!!
in Terre Haute, indiana |
It isn't normal to go to a doctor,any doctor, and come out of the office with a friend. Dr. Kahn is now and will always be considered my friend and the only one I will let near my eyes. 2 words describe this man... professional and personable. He knows exactly what you are going through, how to treat it, and how to help you deal with it. He is the only Dr that has ever called me directly after a surgery or procedure. I won't go anywhere else for eyecare
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I was so disappointed to learn that Dr Khan will be moving from our area. Dr Khan was my specialist for a vitrectomy procedure for a macular pucker. I found him to be kind and professionally proficient.
in Quincy, MI |
Dr. Khan is skilled and professional in his care and concern for my wellbeing. He has continued to probe the root cause of my condition while using up to date methods and state of the art medicine treatments on my eyes. His staff is very courteous and respectful. Now for the first time in many years I can see and count the stars in the night sky! Thank you for your help and dedication.
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Of coarse I am not an expert on eye problems, but I was near to not being able to drive and needing a magnifying glass to read everything. Dr. Khan fixed the blood vessels in one eye, removed cataracts and repaired the retina in both eyes. He is very polite to his surgery and office staff which to me is a sign of his character. He's a great doctor and a very good man.
Dr. Khan is excellent at his profession. He is always very kind, compassionate, and calming. I would and have recommended him to many of my friends, with their eye problems. Dr. Khan is the best!!!!
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Khan is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever had! After being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 7, I began developing complications in my early 20's, including severe damage in both of my eyes which required surgeries and numerous laser treatments. Dr. Khan was professional, yet kind and understanding throughout everything I went through and took the time to explain everything in great detail. He truly changed my life by correcting my nearly non-existent vision.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan has been treating my daughter for about three years and I can't say enough good things about him. He is always pleasant and courteous to both of us on every visit. He is extremely compassionate and takes the time to explain every procedure to us so that we understand everything that is happening,. We are blessed to have had Dr. Khan as our doctor.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Any fear of eye surgery was alleviated when I met with Dr. Khan for a consultation when he took time to explain in detail what the surgery entailed and what to expect. He is one of the kindest, most caring doctors I have ever met...so personable. Dr. Khan's skills are exceptional as the results of my surgeries were better than expected! I would highly recommend Dr. Khan and The Retina Institute of Indiana!
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan is not only a knowledgeable diagnostician who put a treatment plan in place for my mother, he eased her fear of the unknown by listening, and explaining everything he was doing. His treatment of the PATIENT, and not the disorder earned him the trust of that patient, and her family members. Dr. Khan's professionalism, as well as kindness and respect for the people he encounters, is beyond reproach. I have ZERO reservations in recommending Dr. Khan!
in Ft Wayne, IN |
From my first visit until my discharge I was treated with professionalism and extreme kindness. I appreciate Dr Khan's changing of his personal schedule to take care of my critical needs. I would highly recommend him to others
in Auburn Ind |
I'm happy with my care with Dr. Khan ,M.D. He is kind,gentle and very intelligent.I would recommend him to everyone. He is very professional and thorough. His care is delivered with a very caring nature. Top notch all the way.
in Fort Wayne, IN |
I have had the pleasure to work in the operating room with Dr Khan. He is always kind and professional with patients and staff. He explains the procedures to patients in words they can easily understand and takes time to answer all questions they or family members may have. He is known to call patients after surgery to see how they are doing and makes himself available to them should they need him. Dr Khan also uses time and resources well. He is consciencous of the patient's surgery start time
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan is an exceptionally gifted and caring specialist/surgeon. He thoroughly explained the diagnosis of my problem along with a plan for treatment...and he answered all my questions! My treatment was followed by successful eye surgery. In less than 9 months I now see better than I did 25 years ago. The surgical facilities were exceptionally clean and the staff provided excellent care. Super special nurse - for the first time I had an IV inserted without feeling it!
in Fort Wayne, IN |
I am a fellow ophthalmologist and retinal specialist in the same community as Dr. Khan, although we are in different practices. However, I would recommend him anytime—he treats patients as family, and provides excellent and conscientious care. It is a pleasure to be able to work with him as a colleague.
in Fort Wayne,IN |
My optometrist,Dr Bangert, recommended Dr Kahn after determining that I could have a detached retina. He said he was the best. After appt the same day, By 6 pm I was in emergency surgery with Dr Kahn to reattach my surgery. That was Feb 2016year latter I'm seeing better than ever.Thank you Dr Kahn for giving up your evening to perform surgery. I can't begin to fathom the intelligence and knowledge you possess. Your professionalism, dedication and concern are greatly appreciated.
in Wolcottville, IN |
Praises go to Dr. Khan for his skill, patience and personality. I have had repairs for a macular hole as well as retina detachment 3 times. He has successfully repaired my eye by performing 2 surgeries as well as other treatments that were needed. He is genuinely concerned about every patient. He explains the course of treatment needed and always has time for questions. I would highly recommend him and am grateful for his knowledge. We have had great success.
in Andrews |
I would recommend Dr. Kahn and his staff for their friendly and helpful manner of how they make you feel while you are at the office! The staff is really good at the checks they do! Dr. Kahn explains things in really easy terms. He also ask questions and listens and answers them and takes the time while doing so he doesn't rush you in and out! And is personable.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr Khan is one of the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever met. After a complication from cataract surgery which resulted in decreased vision in my right eye, I was sent to see Dr Khan for help. He took his time explaining my options and did not make me feel rushed. Whats most fascinating about him is that he held my hand during the whole conversation while I was in tears. He is empathetic and loves what he does. I would recommend him to anyone!
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan took time to explain the dangers of not addressing high blood pressure.
in Portland, Indiana |
The referral I received to Dr. Khan was the best thing my optometrist ever did for me. Dr. Khan did surgery on my retina for a macular pucker on April 20, 2016, and the whole experience could not have been more perfect. He took the time with me to answer all my questions in a way I could understand, and alleviate any fears I might have about the procedure during the pre-op consultation. In post op appointments, he was always understanding of any of my concerns. He is the greatest!
Thank you very much. Your compliments are highly appreciated. Going through any eye surgery can be overwhelming. I am happy to know the whole process turned out well. We have a great team from the front desk to the pre and post op. I must give them credit as well in your experience. Please feel free to call us for questions.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Khan did a macular peel on my right eye and I went from 20/60 to 20/30 by one week after the procedure.
Have you seen Dr. Adeel Khan, MD?

Compare Dr. Khan

Dr. Khan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Khan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Khan has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Khan's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

TX A & M UNIV SYS HSC COLL OF MED

Dr. Khan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Retinal Laser Surgery
  • Retinal Surgery
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery