Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD

Gastroenterology •  Male

Dr. Varma

Henry Ford Medical Group

2799 W Grand Blvd Ste K7 Detroit, MI 48202

Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Detroit, MI. He is affiliated with medical facilities Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has not yet indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Varma to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Gastroenterologists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Varma accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Varma's experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Varma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Varma

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Varma?
What People Say About Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD
Very empathetic, thorough, and amazing bedside manner. Extremely knowledgeable and excellent patient care. Dr. Varma was very quick to act when he saw an alarming image of a recent CT scan and saved a life. I’m truly grateful for his service.
Judea Cook – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
After my first consult with Dr Varma - I walked out and said to my husband, that is one of the most thorough consults I have ever had, the questions he asked, the way he explained the colonoscopy procedure and how he answered my questions so thoughtfully was incredibly reassuring. Subsequently, his care for me since then has been equally as impressive and reassuring. I highly recommend Dr Varma.
Bridget M. – Apr 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma was the ONLY physician in the past several years to actually listen to my concerns. In the past other doctors just kept putting me on the same medications, even though I would tell them they did not work. I had given up going to GI doctors because the never listened or helped me, untill Dr. Varma. He ran new diagnostics and found out what was really going on. I am very grateful for him because if my condition had continued to be misdiagnosed I would be in serious trouble later on in life.
Trudee – Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
I have finally been introduced to a physician that understands the role of diet and our digestive tract and physical well being. Dr. Varma listened carefully and then suggested a plan of action. He's polite, sincere, and explains things in just the right amount of detail.
Dec 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Great Gastroenterologist! Dr Varma truly cares about his patients, He will go out of his way to follow-up and send educational material.
I.A. – Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma provided excellent care during my visit for my colonoscopy. He greeted me with a smile and explained in detail the procedure, what to expect and went over risks and benefits of the procedure. He answered all question thoroughly. He followed- up via email with me post procedure and by letter. I would highly recommend Dr. Varma for any gastroenterology concerns without question. Jerome Carter - Aug 23, 2019
Jerome Carter – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
(2nd half).......and even made me smile when I left, then you can believe they are the best. I am truly grateful and won’t get that awful feeling of dread the next time I get sick and am unable to doctors near me. I appreciated his follow-up and willingness to answer questions also, him typing out all instructing’s and reading them to me to make sure I fully understand. A big thank you to all of them, especially him. Henry Ford has a great doctor beside they Great job Dr Varma!!
Kayla Foster in Flint, MI – May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma is very polite. he listens and is very understanding of my needs. Dr, Varma took his time during my office visit. He explained everything to me in detail. it was overall a wonderful experience.
Latoya Stone in Detroit, MI – Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma is a consummate professional and gentleman. I work in procedure rooms at Henry Ford, mostly with Gastro docs, and all are good. But I scheduled my own procedure with Dr. Varma. His unyielding commitment to his patients' health goes beyond simply scoping and writing a script. He listens. He explains. He does not allow ego (his or anyone else's) to affect patient care. He is humble and treats everyone the same: patients, nurses, staff, and other physicians. Genius with an angel's soul.
Lourdes in Bloomfield Hills, MI – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma is hands down one of the most brilliant and empathetic physicians. As one of the ancillary staff that works in Endoscopy at Henry Ford, I see great GI doctors on a regular basis! Dr. Varma is a cut above!! His attention to the patients is a ONE ON ONE approach. Each patient case is different... as each patient brings unique issues. We all deserve to have an extraordinary doctor that embodies the master caliber to help each one of us! Bravo Dr. Varma
Michelle in West Bloomfield, MI – Sep 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
DR. Varma is An excellent doctor he spends quality time with his patient and hes very knowledgeable. He gives you time to ask questions and he listen to you. I recommend Dr. Varma to my friends and relatives.
EDNA UMOH – Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma saved my life. I had a C-Diff. infection. Other doctors used antibiotics but the C-Diff kept coming back. After a hospitalization, I began to see Dr. Varma. He recognized the problem, explained options and helped me get the treatment I required. Dr. Varma listens to and answers all my questions. He explains things using examples and understandable language. He quickly responds to email messages making suggestions or getting me an appointment quickly. I always recommend him .
Paula in Troy, Michigan – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Dr Varma is an exceptional and caring doctor. His abilities are unmatched. I was a new patient and came in very nervous and anxious. Dr Varma personally scheduled me for the test, explained the procedure and how I should prepared for it. He showed me so much care and concern, I knew I had found an extraordinary doctor.
Joanna – Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
I was very nervous about my colonoscopy. When I met Dr Varma, he was very comforting and gave me many options in a way I could understand. The colonoscopy went fine and now I tell my friends to get the screening from him!
Bill Ryan – Mar 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
We were very impressed with Dr.Varma from the first visit we had with him.He new my health history and was very knowledgeable .He spoke to me and my wife in terms we could understand.He has phoned us to explain test results and to answer questions.Very good.
Dino Paniccia in Windsor Ontario Canada – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
Marvelous!! Dr. Varma knows how to change diet to treat digestive problems, and doesn't jump to medications and prescriptions. He calls me back if I have questions after clinic visits, which many of my other doctors don't do.
Melissa S. – Mar 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?
He forgets to schedule tests for me or schedules tests twice when they only need to be preformed once. He seems very confused whenever I meet with him and never gives me clear information. I have been diagnosed with three different things with him and still have pain.
Jan 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adarsh Varma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Varma?

Henry Ford Health System Diversity Hero Honorable Mention 2018