Dr. Adam Tripp, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 42

Dr. Tripp

Tripp Psychiatry LLC

230 N Craig St Fl 1 Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Dr. Adam Tripp, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) in 2006 and specializes in psychiatry.

At a glance

• Practices at top hospital . America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Practices at highly recommended hospital . Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Tripp accepts

Dr. Tripp accepts the following insurance:

Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
UPMC Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Tripp's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tripp treats Psychosis Due to Mental Illness more than 55% of his peers

Dr. Tripp treats this condition more than 55% of his peers

Dr. Tripp's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Factitious Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis

3.6

Dr. Tripp?
Dr. Tripp's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Adam Tripp, MD
I have been a patient of Dr Tripp’s for about 3 years. He is an excellent practitioner that not only understands his field but is constantly encouraging alternative and holistic care. He treats the entire patient. He has been most patient in helping me through my psychiatric issues. Dr Tripp is straightforward and no nonsense yet always petitions for my input. I’m very thankful he is one of my healthcare providers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I researched psychiatrists for months before a friend recommended Dr. Tripp. I am extremely happy with my first visit. He is very knowledgeable and direct, also kind and understanding. He fully explained my diagnosis and treatment options. I really appreciate how he went over each possible medication then asked how I felt about them. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I started seeing Dr Tripp about 6 months ago. I had 2 visits to ER's in 5 days due to depression and severe panic attacks. I literally couldn't function. The ER visits to 2 hospitals in the Eastern part of Pittsburgh only resulted in "sorry, we aren't really equipped to help you unless you are going to hurt yourself. His help was worth the wait. I've been seeing Dr Tripp and supplementing with psychologist visits for therapy. It's been a long road but worth the effort.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I saw Dr. Tripp for a couple of years, and he was the first psychiatrist to take me off medication, and I have been med free for 3 months. Working in collaboration with my therapist we developed a plan for me to continue with exercise and psychotherapy and yoga, and I came off 3 medications. If I ever needed meds in the future I would definitely go back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
Dr. Tripp was tremendously smug, arrogant, and rude. One would think a professional who is in a field dedicated to talking with patients would be capable of talking with patients. Dr. Tripp, however, acts toward and speaks to people as if they are the burden with which he must deal. I can not believe that he actually chose to go into mental health. A medical field with less patient interaction would have been more appropriate for his demeanor. Avoid.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
Intelligent, honest, practical, and really able to provide effective traditional and more current options. Choices and options are collaborative and customized to each patient. Exceptional patient care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
Very responsive and helpful - takes patient preferences seriously.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Tripp for over a year. He had been recommended to me by my old psychiatrist when she retired. My bipolar disease had been well under control for several years, and I was very pleased that Dr. Tripp felt that there was no reason to mess around with my medications. He understood that there is no one who understands my condition better than me. He is very easy to work with, and really knows his stuff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tripp?

While making the right diagnosis is important and often crucial to receiving the best treatment, my ultimate goal is to help you maximize your quality of life. Many people have come to see psychiatrists as the pill pushers of the mental health system...

• Psychiatry

2011
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
2008
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
2006
SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
1998
State University Of New York College At Potsdam
2011
2008
2006
1998

• Marc Hollender Award in Psychiatry. Psychiatry Department, SUNY Upstate Medical University. Syracuse, New York., 2006
  • Student Citizen Scholarship, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, 2005
  • Society for Biological Psychiatry Meeting 2012 Top Poster Award Finalist. Philadelphia, PA., 2012
  • Research Colloquium for Junior Investigators. American Psychiatric Association. Annual APA Meeting, Honolulu, HA., 2011
  • Alpha Omega Alpha, Gamma Chapter, Best Research Poster Award, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, 2005
  • NCDEU 2010 New Investigator Award Program. NCDEU 2010 Meeting, Boca Raton, FL., 2010
  • University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Psychiatry Department Outstanding Graduating Resident. Pittsburgh, PA., 2011
  • John Bernard Henry Endowed Scholarship Award, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 2006
  • SUNY Chancellors Award for Student Excellence. SUNY Upstate Medical University. Syracuse, New York, 2006
  • NIMH Brain Camp II. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. Banbury Center, NY., 2010
  • APIRE Janssen Resident Psychiatric Research Scholars. American Psychiatric Association. Annual APA meeting, New Orleans, LA., 2010
  • APA/Lilly Resident Research Award. American Psychiatric Association. Annual APA Meeting, Honolulu, HA., 2011
  • A. Geno Andreatta Student Affairs Award, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 2006

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tripp treats patients.

UPMC Presbyterian

Pittsburgh, PA

72% Patient experience rating, 3% higher than the national average

UPMC St. Margaret

Pittsburgh, PA

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)