Dr. Adam Tripp, MD

Dr. Tripp
Telehealth services available

Tripp Psychiatry LLC

230 N Craig St Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Dr. Adam Tripp, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) medical school in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities UPMC Presbyterian and UPMC St. Margaret. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tripp to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Tripp's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tripp's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Tripp accepts

Dr. Tripp accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Tripp's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tripp

3.7

Dr. Tripp?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (16)
  • Wait times (16)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (15)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (7)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
I was grateful to find Better Stories and Dr. Tripp in the middle of the pandemic. He saw me by video chat for our first and second visit, and remotely moving forward. Dr. Tripp was very thorough and we discussed medication, therapy, exercise, and mindfulness activities, and I feel like I am in good hands and I am figuring what tools will best help me with my symptoms.
Mary – May 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
Dr Tripp is fantastic -- I saw him for nearly 2 years and the only reason I don't see him now is because my insurance changed. My fiancé also saw him for a while and also had a good experience, he only left because he does not want to take medications at the moment. I have severe treatment-resistant depression (plus more controlled GAD), and Dr Tripp was very open to non-drug treatments since the medicines I tried didn't help. If I had been able to stay with him, our next plan was for TMS therapy or ketamine therapy. Can't recommend him enough!
Amelia – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Tripp’s for about 3 years. He is an excellent practitioner that not only understands his field but is constantly encouraging alternative and holistic care. He treats the entire patient. He has been most patient in helping me through my psychiatric issues. Dr Tripp is straightforward and no nonsense yet always petitions for my input. I’m very thankful he is one of my healthcare providers.
Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I researched psychiatrists for months before a friend recommended Dr. Tripp. I am extremely happy with my first visit. He is very knowledgeable and direct, also kind and understanding. He fully explained my diagnosis and treatment options. I really appreciate how he went over each possible medication then asked how I felt about them. I would definitely recommend him.
Brandy in Pittsburgh , PA – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I started seeing Dr Tripp about 6 months ago. I had 2 visits to ER's in 5 days due to depression and severe panic attacks. I literally couldn't function. The ER visits to 2 hospitals in the Eastern part of Pittsburgh only resulted in "sorry, we aren't really equipped to help you unless you are going to hurt yourself. His help was worth the wait. I've been seeing Dr Tripp and supplementing with psychologist visits for therapy. It's been a long road but worth the effort.
Bill in Pittsburgh, PA – Jun 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I saw Dr. Tripp for a couple of years, and he was the first psychiatrist to take me off medication, and I have been med free for 3 months. Working in collaboration with my therapist we developed a plan for me to continue with exercise and psychotherapy and yoga, and I came off 3 medications. If I ever needed meds in the future I would definitely go back.
Jill – May 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
Dr. Tripp was tremendously smug, arrogant, and rude. One would think a professional who is in a field dedicated to talking with patients would be capable of talking with patients. Dr. Tripp, however, acts toward and speaks to people as if they are the burden with which he must deal. I can not believe that he actually chose to go into mental health. A medical field with less patient interaction would have been more appropriate for his demeanor. Avoid.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
Intelligent, honest, practical, and really able to provide effective traditional and more current options. Choices and options are collaborative and customized to each patient. Exceptional patient care!
Jean in Pittsburgh – Apr 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
Very responsive and helpful - takes patient preferences seriously.
Barbara in Pittsburgh, PA – Mar 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Tripp for over a year. He had been recommended to me by my old psychiatrist when she retired. My bipolar disease had been well under control for several years, and I was very pleased that Dr. Tripp felt that there was no reason to mess around with my medications. He understood that there is no one who understands my condition better than me. He is very easy to work with, and really knows his stuff.
Ron in Pittsburgh PA – Feb 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Tripp, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tripp?

While making the right diagnosis is important and often crucial to receiving the best treatment, my ultimate goal is to help you maximize your quality...Read more

• Psychiatry

2011
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
2008
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
2006
Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
1998
State University Of New York College At Potsdam

• Research Colloquium for Junior Investigators. American Psychiatric Association. Annual APA Meeting, Honolulu, HA., 2011
  • APIRE Janssen Resident Psychiatric Research Scholars. American Psychiatric Association. Annual APA meeting, New Orleans, LA., 2010
  • A. Geno Andreatta Student Affairs Award, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 2006
  • University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Psychiatry Department Outstanding Graduating Resident. Pittsburgh, PA., 2011
  • NCDEU 2010 New Investigator Award Program. NCDEU 2010 Meeting, Boca Raton, FL., 2010
  • Alpha Omega Alpha, Gamma Chapter, Best Research Poster Award, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, 2005
  • John Bernard Henry Endowed Scholarship Award, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 2006
  • APA/Lilly Resident Research Award. American Psychiatric Association. Annual APA Meeting, Honolulu, HA., 2011
  • Marc Hollender Award in Psychiatry. Psychiatry Department, SUNY Upstate Medical University. Syracuse, New York., 2006
  • Society for Biological Psychiatry Meeting 2012 Top Poster Award Finalist. Philadelphia, PA., 2012
  • NIMH Brain Camp II. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. Banbury Center, NY., 2010
  • SUNY Chancellors Award for Student Excellence. SUNY Upstate Medical University. Syracuse, New York, 2006
  • Student Citizen Scholarship, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, 2005