Dr. Adam Thomas, MD

Dr. Adam Thomas, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Adam Thomas, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Van Wert, OH. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

140 Fox Rd

Van Wert, OH 45891

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Anthem
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Encore
  • Frontpath Health Coalition

Learn about Dr. Thomas

See how frequently Dr. Thomas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bladder Diseases
Urinary Disorders
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

Dr. Thomas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Thomas' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Thomas "I am a Hoosier and was born and raised in Hamilton, Indiana. Growing up I always dreamed of living in the Southwest US. Through my travels, I have come to learn that northern Indiana suits me well and is home. I enthusiastically returned to Indiana in 2007. It is hard for me to imagine any other career than medicine. My interests are varied and medicine allows me to be a care provider, teacher and scientist. It has afforded me a good and fulfilling life which I invest back into my two girls. I have been science oriented since I was very young. My uncle is a Family Practitioner in Wickenburg Arizona and I remember admiring his role in his small desert town. I didn't have exposure to the various specialties in medicine until my clinical years of medical school. Truthfully there were many different fields of medicine that interested me. Urology seemed to fit best as it was a nice balance of surgery and clinic. I also felt urologists tended to be funny and easier to engage. As I learned more about myself I realized that I can connect easily with others and talk about anything with anyone especially sensitive topics. I learned during residency that urologic patients tended to have treatable diseases and patients were very grateful. It was during those long days and nights of calls that I fully appreciated Mark Twain's quote. "A kind comment can power me for a week." After residency, I was an Assistant Professor at University of Tennessee. I enjoyed teaching resident urologists. It was difficult for me professionally to leave an academic position. After moving back to Indiana, I actively sought to be volunteer faculty at Indiana University School of Medicine. Through this position, I train Family Practice residents and teach medical schools students. I hope that at least some of these future providers stay in our community. I have a varied private practice. I estimate 2/3 of my patients are male and 1/3 are female. 3/4 are over 50. I see some pediatric patients. I have been fortunate to care for our Veterans for nearly 20 years now. I love the sign outside our local VA Medical Centers that reads "The Price of Freedom Can Be Seen Here" and take those words to heart. My philosophy with doctor-patient interaction is straight forward. I favor shared medical decisions and encourage two wat communication. I suspect most patients would describe me as a likable guy that can engage in plain conversation about any urologic issue. My interests include traveling with my 2 girls and my dog. The 4 of us have a lot of fun together. I am hopeful my girls stay inspired with education and I suspect that medicine may be something they explore in the future. "

This content was provided by Dr. Thomas "The doctor patient relationship works best with shared medical decisions.  I see myself as an advocate for my patient.  Often there are more than one pathway to a successful treatment plan and the pathway should be tailored to the individual.  "

• Urology

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Marginal Zone Lymphoma
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Neutropenia
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Premature Ejaculation
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cyst
  • Prostatitis
  • Retina Diseases
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Diseases

• Penile Implants
  • Prostate Removal
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vasectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Indiana University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • University Of Tennessee / Memphis / College Of Medicine & Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University Of Tennessee / Memphis / College Of Medicine & Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Thomas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends
Dr. Thomas Says:

I do appreciate feedback and ask that you rate me if you do chose to have a consultation.  Contact my office at 260-436-6667 and ask for Barney Niezer, my office manager for any questions or concerns.

Dr. Thomas' Performance
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Thomas is very helpful as well as insightful in his treatment methods. Very up beat and positive demeanor.
in Warren, IN |
Surgery on my prostate went well with Dr. Thomas. It is like thrirty years were taken of my life. So yes I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas.
St Louis, MO |
Knows what he's doing! Makes you feel comfortable during appointments and surgery. Easy to talk to.
St Louis, MO |
Very personable and knowledgeable, and seems to have your best interest at heart
Fountain City, IN |
Dr. Thomas has helped me immensely! Office visits are pleasant (his staff is great!) and they are always quick to get me in. I have dealt with other urologists and by far he is the most attentive. I trust him to give me the straight scoop and provide the best course at action. THANK YOU so much!!!!
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Great doctor! Professional, communication is caring and making sure you get it. Takes time to answer questions, as well as encouragement when things aren't quite so good.
in Fort Wayne Indiana? |
I had good experience with Dr. Thomas. ??
St Louis, MO |
Dr Thomas has my total confidence when I meet with him. He understands how men age and what they experience with urology issues confronting us.
St Louis, MO |
Dr made me feel very comfortable although I was very nervous and scared before coming in.
in Denver Indiana |
As always s very easy to understand and very pleasant to see
in Fort Wayne, In |
Dr Thomas is really concerned with my well-being. He listened to my concerns and explained everything to me concerning surgery. .
in Fort Wayne, In |
Quick, efficient and communicated well.
Very forward. Friendly... Easy to talk to
St Louis, MO |
Essy to talk to an tells it like it is with what we need to do.could tell him anything he would want to know.
in Fort Wayne Indiana |
He was very friendly and professional. I'd definitely recommend him to all family and friends. Super nice guy. I would give him a hundred stars if I could!!!
Have you seen Dr. Adam Thomas, MD?
Are you Dr. Thomas?

Visit Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
  • Anthem
    Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP)
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan