Dr. Adam Thomas, MD

Dr. Adam Thomas, MD

Urology | Male

Northeast Indiana Urology PC 2512 E Dupont Rd Ste 100, Fort Wayne, IN 46825 Get Directions

The doctor patient relationship works best with shared medical decisions. I see myself as an advocate for my patient. Often there are more than one pathway to a successful treatment plan and the pathway should be tailored to the individual.Read more

Personal Bio

I am a Hoosier and was born and raised in Hamilton, Indiana. Growing up I always dreamed of living...Read more

Dr. Thomas' Experience

See how Dr. Thomas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Thomas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends
Dr. Thomas Says:

I do appreciate feedback and ask that you rate me if you do chose to have a consultation.  Contact my office at 260-436-6667 and ask for Barney Niezer, my office manager for any questions or concerns.

Dr. Thomas' Performance
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Thomas is very helpful as well as insightful in his treatment methods. Very up beat and positive demeanor.
in Warren, IN |
Surgery on my prostate went well with Dr. Thomas. It is like thrirty years were taken of my life. So yes I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas.
St Louis, MO |
Knows what he's doing! Makes you feel comfortable during appointments and surgery. Easy to talk to.
St Louis, MO |
Very personable and knowledgeable, and seems to have your best interest at heart
Fountain City, IN |
Dr. Thomas has helped me immensely! Office visits are pleasant (his staff is great!) and they are always quick to get me in. I have dealt with other urologists and by far he is the most attentive. I trust him to give me the straight scoop and provide the best course at action. THANK YOU so much!!!!
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Great doctor! Professional, communication is caring and making sure you get it. Takes time to answer questions, as well as encouragement when things aren't quite so good.
in Fort Wayne Indiana? |
I had good experience with Dr. Thomas. ??
St Louis, MO |
Dr Thomas has my total confidence when I meet with him. He understands how men age and what they experience with urology issues confronting us.
St Louis, MO |
Dr made me feel very comfortable although I was very nervous and scared before coming in.
in Denver Indiana |
As always s very easy to understand and very pleasant to see
in Fort Wayne, In |
Dr Thomas is really concerned with my well-being. He listened to my concerns and explained everything to me concerning surgery. .
in Fort Wayne, In |
Quick, efficient and communicated well.
Very forward. Friendly... Easy to talk to
St Louis, MO |
Essy to talk to an tells it like it is with what we need to do.could tell him anything he would want to know.
in Fort Wayne Indiana |
He was very friendly and professional. I'd definitely recommend him to all family and friends. Super nice guy. I would give him a hundred stars if I could!!!
Have you seen Dr. Adam Thomas, MD?
Are you Dr. Thomas?

Compare Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas says...

I am a Hoosier and was born and raised in Hamilton, Indiana.  Growing up I always dreamed of living in the Southwest US.  Through my travels, I have come to learn that northern Indiana suits me well and is home.   I enthusiastically returned to Indiana in 2007.

It is hard for me to imagine any other career than medicine.  My interests are varied and medicine allows me to be a care provider, teacher and scientist.  It has afforded me a good and fulfilling life which I invest back into my two girls.

I have been science oriented since I was very young.  My uncle is a Family Practitioner in Wickenburg Arizona and I remember admiring his role in his small desert town.  I didn't have exposure to the various specialties in medicine until my clinical years of medical school.  Truthfully there were many different fields of medicine that interested me.  Urology seemed to fit best as it was a nice balance of surgery and clinic.  I also felt urologists tended to be funny and easier to engage.  As I learned more about myself I realized that I can connect easily with others and talk about anything with anyone especially sensitive topics.  I learned during residency that urologic patients tended to have treatable diseases and patients were very grateful.  It was during those long days and nights of calls that I fully appreciated Mark Twain's quote.  "A kind comment can power me for a week."

After residency, I was an Assistant Professor at University of Tennessee.  I enjoyed teaching resident urologists.   It was difficult for me professionally to leave an academic position.  After moving back to Indiana, I actively sought to be volunteer faculty at Indiana University School of Medicine.  Through this position, I train Family Practice residents and teach medical schools students.  I hope that at least some of these future providers stay in our community.

I have a varied private practice.  I estimate 2/3 of my patients are male and 1/3 are female.  3/4 are over 50.  I see some pediatric patients.  I have been fortunate to care for our Veterans for nearly 20 years now.      I love the sign outside our local VA Medical Centers that reads "The Price of Freedom Can Be Seen Here" and take those words to heart.

My philosophy with doctor-patient interaction is straight forward.  I favor shared medical decisions and encourage two wat communication.

I suspect most patients would describe me as a likable guy that can engage in plain conversation about any urologic issue.

My interests include traveling with my 2 girls and my dog.  The 4 of us have a lot of fun together.  I am hopeful my girls stay inspired with education and I suspect that medicine may be something they explore in the future.

Dr. Thomas' Care Philosophy

The doctor patient relationship works best with shared medical decisions.  I see myself as an advocate for my patient.  Often there are more than one pathway to a successful treatment plan and the pathway should be tailored to the individual.

Dr. Thomas says...

I specialize in prostate cancer, bladder cancer, BPH, incontinence, stones and UTIs.  I am happy to evaluate someone for any urologic problem and feel comfortable in doing so.

Dr. Thomas says...

I excel at minimally invasive therapy of the prostate for BPH.  I first realized my large surgical volume with laser therapy of the prostate (Greenlight therapy and/or Photo Enucleation of the Prostate) when I recertified for my Urology Boards in 2016.  I had to submit my case logs for the previous year and I performed the most lasers of the prostate vs the other 200 urologists recertifying that year.

Beyond laser technology is the UROLIFT.  I am excited to have performed the most of these procedures for BPH in northern Indiana.  This is a 5 minute procedure that can make a remarkable improvement in urination with minimal to no side effects.

Dr. Thomas says...

Dr. Thomas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Thomas has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Thomas' Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Infertility
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Premature Ejaculation
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

University of Tennessee / Memphis / College of Medicine & Surgery

Completed in 2005

Indiana University

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Penile Implants
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry