Dr. Adam Strohl, MD

Dr. Adam Strohl, MD

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |

Growing up in Monmouth County, NJ, Dr. Strohl spent his weekends working in his family's deli restaurant, the iconic Cafe Edison, in the heart of Times Square, New York City. Dr. Strohl's work ethic most certainly stems from his youth; he always admired his family's hard work and loyalty to all customers, both new and regulars.At a young age, Dr. Strohl decided cooking would remain a passionate hobby and he opted to pursue a pre-medical education at Washington University in St Louis, MO where he obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, with a focus in neurosciences. By his senior year, he was pre-appointed the Clinical Research Coordinator for the Spinal Cord Injury Program at Washington University School of Medicine, where he remained for an additional post-graduate year to conduct research, including clinical trials of new treatments for acute and chronic injuries. Dr. Strohl returned to New Jersey to attend UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School where he earned his medical degree. During this time, he was awarded numerous honors including induction into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society (an award granted to the top 1/12 of the class) as a third year student, as well as the Michael David Rothstein Memorial Research Award in Neurology and the Award for Academic Excellence in Microbiology and Immunology. Dr. Strohl successfully applied and was accepted into 1 of 100 highly competitive spots in the country for residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the renowned Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, during which time he was selected to be chief resident. For six years he trained in not only hand surgery, but all areas of plastic surgery including extremity salvage, craniofacial, burn, breast, chest wall/abdominal reconstruction, post-bariatric body contouring, and aesthetic surgery. Of all these areas, Dr. Strohl was drawn to and most interested in the hand and upper extremity. Specialty Training in Both Plastic & Orthopaedic Hand Surgery After his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, Dr. Strohl's on-going passion for hand and upper extremity care led him to become one of the few plastic surgeons to complete an Orthopaedic Fellowship in Hand, Upper Extremity, and Microsurgery at the premier Philadelphia Hand Center and Thomas Jefferson University. He is extremely proud to stay in Philadelphia and join The Philadelphia Hand Center as their first, plastic surgery-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon.Dr. Strohl's specialty training allows him to care for patients with various upper extremity problems, including fractures, arthritis, neuropathies, cancer, tendinitis, traumatic injuries, amputations, burns, and deformities. With his proficiency and skills in microsurgery, Dr. Strohl has also been trained to perform complex reconstructions of nerve, bone, and soft tissue injuries or defects. Through microvascular free tissue transfer (or "free flap" procedure), Dr. Strohl can transfer a combination of skin, fat, muscle, tendon, and/or bone from one body area to reconstruct, resurface, or "repair" a patient's injured hand or arm. "We treat the whole patient, not just the hole in the patient." While working with spinal cord injured patients at Washington University School of Medicine, Dr. Strohl observed firsthand the meaning and value of the term "quality of life". Throughout his training and career, he has maintained the importance of what really matters to each individual patient. Whether it is pain, dysfunction or disfigurement, Dr. Strohl wants his patients to understand their problem(s) and together choose the most appropriate, effective solution as a team. He is committed to always providing the excellence of care expected by patients of The Philadelphia Hand Center while remaining up-to-date with current techniques.

Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center

834 Chestnut St Ste G114

Philadelphia, PA 19107

• Amerihealth
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Strohl

Dr. Strohl's Experience

Dr. Strohl's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  • Microsurgery
  • Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery
  • Peripheral Nerve Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery of the Hand

Dr. Strohl does not have any board certifications listed.

• Burn Injuries
  • Carpal Fractures
  • Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Injury

• Skin Grafts
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal
  • Tendon Repair
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Washington University, St Louis
  • Mount Sinai Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • The Philadelphia Hand Center-Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Strohl has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Strohl has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Strohl does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strohl and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Strohl's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strohl to family and friends
Dr. Strohl's Performance
in Philadelphia |
Dr. Strohl explains things clearly and concisely. He treats his patients with respect; almost like family. He is with you every step of the procedure, from the first consult, to surgery, to follow-up and beyond. I'd recommend him to anyone
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Stohl operated on my broken wrist this late July. Today my day to day functions are almost 100% back to normal. I have recommended Dr. Stohl to my friends and random souls found in my hair salon.. Dr. Stohl was there for me from the first visit, answering any/all questions that scared me even to say. He also called me on Sunday evening personally after my surgery to check on me.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Strohl explained medical conditions and probable outcomes well. He appears to be an excellent surgeon. All has progressed very well. He and everyone whom he brought in was most helpful and supportive. Everyone I encountered was competent, friendly, and provided whatever care was needed.
in Philadelphia, PA |
My experience with Dr. Strohl was fantastic. My surgery was a huge success and remedied my trigger thumb instantly. Dr. Strohl is very knowledgable and proffessional. The staff is always pleasant when I visit his office. What I was most impressed with was a phonecall from Dr. Strohl personally the weekend of my surgery. I would recommend anyone having issues with any shoulder, arm, or hand problems to contact his office.
in Philadelphia |
6 months post op wrist surgery I am back to my normal physical activities. As a fitness instructor it was very important to me to be able to teach again. I am back to my full schedule of classes. Thank you Dr Strohl
in Philadelphia, PA |
He was very professional & Caring & Most of all honest. Finds the best fit for you not about just wanting to cut on you. Most of all very nostalgic & Proficient. A loving Person old bedside manner there aren't too many Doctors out there anymore
in Philadelphia, PA |
I broke my metacarpal bone and Dr Strohl was the Dr who I was able to make an appointment with. At the initial visit I felt very comfortable with him. After determineg that I. I need surgery,he went through all the options with me and with my job on his mind he suggest the best option for me. People who had the same injury and same surgery as me warned me of painful recovery. To my pleasant surprise with Dr Strohl surgical skills there was absolutely no pain during or after surgery ??
in Clifton Heights, PA |
Dr. Strohl has a very good patient friendly manner. He takes the time to explain everything to you in terms you can understand. Besides the Surgi-center calling as a follow up, he personally called to see how I was doing. I would recommend him to anyone.
Philadelphia, PA |
Due an accident, I severed my pinkie finger tendon and nerve. Dr. Strohl was my surgeon, and he was attentive, caring, and communicative about the injury and procedures. Under his care and the wonderful care of the therapists at the Philadelphia Hand Center, I have almost full use of my finger again! From everything they tell me, this injury is one of the most difficult to repair and can result in long term reduction of mobility in the hand. Very thankful to have had Dr. Strohl as my doctor!
in Bryn Marw, PA |
I thought Dr. Stohl considered, and fully grasped, the full scope of my issues, which were complicated by past and present cervical disc problems. Despite my reluctance to undergo another EMG study, Dr. Strohl convinced me that the PT he uses is the best. (This proved to be very true; a big shout out to PT Dave Hutchinson!). The actual surgery (open release, carpal tunnel) went very well, with no post-surgical complications. I would unreservedly recommend Dr. Strohl.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I first met Dr. Strohl a week after a car accident in which I lost skin on my hand & forearm. He performed 3 surgeries in total and not once did I enter the O.R. without a full understanding of what would be done. He made it a point to meet with me before & after each surgery. On top of doing a wonderful job with my skin graft, he was conscious of my aesthetic concerns throughout the process. Dr. Strohl’s kindness and skill has been incredibly reassuring & I highly recommend him.
in Springfield, PA |
When I first met Dr. Strohl, both of my hands were in need of attention. He diagnosed both my hands with carpol tunnel. The burning, pain, and numbness in my hands made it difficult to perform my daily tasks and even made it hard to sleep. When Dr. Strohl recommend surgery I was nervous, but his kind and caring personality put me at ease. He took the time to explain the procedure and answer my questions. After having surgery I feel much better and recommend him to anyone in the same situation.
in Drexel Hill PA |
Excellent care! I suffered a complicated fracture in November 2016. I went to The Hand Center in Havertown because I had effective treatment years ago in their CC office. Dr. Strohl saw me, diagnosed my condition and performed surgery to repair the fracture a few days later. Doctor Strohl was kind, caring and extremely professional. I've had an EXCELLENT result from his surgery & treatment. At 62, I was afraid I might not heal well - but after a few days of pain, my recovery has been flawless!
in wynnewood,pa. |
Dr Strohl was amazing. I was sure he would open up my hand and never find the microscopic piece of glass that was causing me sooooo much pain. BUT....He found it, removed it and I'm healing nicely. Awesome job and great staff too!!!!
in East Lansdowne |
I would most definitely recommend Dr. Strohl to anyone who needs hand surgery! I had put off my carpal tunnel surgery until I just couldn't stand one more night of the tingling and numbness any longer. Dr. Strohl instantly put me at ease and explained every step of the process. Now, 10 days after surgery, stitches are out and no more pain in my right hand! He was so compassionate and concerned about me. Definitely a five star rating for this doctor!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I ended up tearing two tendons and nerve near my thumb. This was the first time that I suffered a major injury. My wrist/thumb was swollen and I did not have full range of movement. Dr. Strohl recommended that I get surgery which was best decision. Dr. Strohl took the time to explain the procedure in detail and the recovery time. My surgery was a complete success, he check on me afterward. Fast forward two months later and I have full range of motion. Dr. Strohl was amazing, highly recommend!
Have you seen Dr. Adam Strohl, MD?
Are you Dr. Strohl?