Dr. Adam Smith, DO

Dr. Adam Smith, DO

Bariatric Medicine  |
Dr. Adam Smith, DO is a bariatric medicine doctor who practices in Fort Worth, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Medical City Fort Worth, Baylor Medical Center at Trophy Club, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth, Baylor Scott & White - Plano and Wise Regional Health System- West Campus.

2501 Parkview Dr Ste 560

Fort Worth, TX 76102

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith's Experience

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Bariatric Medicine
  • Board certified in General Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Smith "Our practice offers total care of the weight loss surgery patient including consults, surgery, nutrition & dietary counseling, surgical aftercare and adjustments, support groups as well as fitness education."

• Bariatric Medicine

• Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Hernia

• Adjustable Gastric Banding
  • Appendectomy
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Duodenal Switch
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery

• University of Oklahoma
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Oklahoma State Univ Center For Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • American College Osteopathic Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University of Texas Southwestern
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Smith's Performance
in Fort Worth, TX |
Dr. Smith performed Gastric Sleeve successfully on me 2 1/2 years ago. I suffered no pain and had the easiest short recovery time. I have maintained my weight now give and take 5-10lbs. I highly recommend him for this procedure. I am much appreciated to his professionalism and dedication to his patients.
Excellent Dr
Itasca |
Beware of the business office manager Myla Plenert for Dr Smith. They purposely withhold information from the customer so that they can charge you more money for the same procedure through your health insurance provider.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I have read different reviews on several websites before and after my Sleeve with Dr. Smith.. I told myself I would wait until I knew all was well before I gave my true review. It has now been a little over 4 months. All in all my pre-op and post-op have been a wonderful experience. Dr. Smith & staff were all amazing! Dr. Smith had excellent bedside manners before and after surgery. I also went through dietician at Ultimate Bariatrics for 4 months before surgery. Everyone from answering the
in Desoto, Texas |
I was referred to Dr. Smith by my mother and I was not disappointed. Dr. Smith is a wonderful surgeon and very personable. I just love his staff.. Everyone is very friendly and very professional. If you are considering bariatric surgery, Ultimate Bariatrics is where you need to go...
in Comanche tx |
He didxmy lapband and was very kind eith great bedside manner, which is nor something you see these days.
in Stephenville |
I have been a patient since 2009. Overall I am very satisfied with my lap band experience. My only complaint is that when I have had fills, Dr Smith is the only one that has ever filled me tight enough. His schedule and mine do not always match. All others seem to listen when I approach the subject but after 3 to 5 fills at $150, they are either not understanding me or need further training or they like my money. This has occurred with PA's and other Dr's. I would still recommend this office!
Grapevine, TX |
Dr. Smith and staff are helpful and informative before surgery, however follow up appointments are very challenging. Wait times are LONG and billing is challenging. They listen to patient feedback while you are standing there but it doesn't seem to register with them. This may be normal for bariatric offices -- all about making money. He is a good surgeon. I felt safe and didn't have any complications (no infections or serious problems.) Research as much as possible beforehand.
in Ft Worth, TX |
He almost killed me. I ended up with peritonitis and MRSA (staph infection) in my abdomen. Tried to blame me stating I gave my self the infection. Had to have picc line for 2 weeks for home IV antibiotics. Zero compassion for my situation.
in Burleson, TX |
Office staff and nurses are rude. The reason the office manager doesn't have any complaints is because he never calls you back to get them. Was called and asked to come in early. I rearranged my schedule to accommodate and had to sit for an hour and 15 min. They actually saw me later than my original appt.
in Bedford, TX |
i would not consider recommending this surgeon. From the first phone call I had with his office staff it was obvious they do not care about the feelings of their patients. Amanda (customer service) is very rude, interrupts, and lies to her co-workers in order to justify her rudeness. Michelle (patient care rep.) and Matt (office manager) both stated that it was my fault for Amanda's rudeness and that they have never had a complaint against her. If you want good customer service don't go here.
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Smith did my Gastric Sleeve and I never met him until the day of my surgery. On the day of my surgery he was very short with my family once I came out of surgery. I asked many questions of his PA's about the procedure ahead of time and they were not able to answer most of them. If it were not for the fact that my primary care physician highly recommended him, I would have chosen a different surgeon. I have great trust in his medical experience, but he has no bedside manner at all.
Have you seen Dr. Adam Smith, DO?
Are you Dr. Smith?

Visit Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 14 insurance carriers
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA