Dr. Adam Possner, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Rockville Concierge Doctors 9420 Key West Ave Ste 104 Rockville, MD 20850 Get Directions
Dr. Adam Possner, MD
As a primary care doctor for adults ranging from 18 years old to over 100, I'm passionate about getting to know my patients as people, addressing as many of their medical concerns as possible (both in sickness and in health), and coordinating their care when specialists are involved.

Dr. Possner's Care Philosophy

Dr. Possner's Experience

See how Dr. Possner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Possner

Dr. Possner accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Possner is now accepting new patients
Rockville Concierge Doctors9420 Key West Ave Ste 104
Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 545-1811Get Directions

Dr. Possner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Possner to family and friends
Dr. Possner's Performance
in Aspen Hill,MD |
Dr. Possner is a fabulous internist. Kind, friendly, highly intelligent with a wonderful fund of knowledge yet very easy to talk to. He explains things thoroughly and treats me as an individual. I feel as if he includes me in decision making and shows concern about all issues, no matter how insignificant. I really appreciate that the office is run to welcome and accommodate patients and does not have the cold office feel that is sadly so common these days in medical practices. .
Olney, MD |
Dr. Possner is my primary care physician, and I recommend him to anyone who wants an intelligent, thorough, and caring doctor. He is remarkably accessible, thoughtful, and truly cares about his patients. I have always been able to reach him, immediately, either through my portal or by calling. Not only does he spend as much time with you as you need, but he reads and reviews his patients' records from other physicians, and previous physicians. He's a superb physician in every respect.
Rockville, Maryland |
Dr. Possner provides wonderful primary care on a concierge basis which is the best possible way to have guaranteed access to your doctor. He is very personable and takes extreme care in learning patients history before making any recommendations. He works with you to find the best health solutions for you and has incredible communication and response. This is the only doctor practice to give me their cell phone #; can't beat the staff and never have to wait!!!
Dr. Possner & his office staff are exceptional. I have been a patient of his since 2016 & have been so pleased with treatment by Dr. Possner & the administrative team in this office. Staff does a superb job of scheduling same-day appts, returning phone calls, & treating each patient as individuals. Dr. Possner spent 90 minutes with me during my intake appt. He asked thorough questions about my history & goals. He then made recommendations that truly took my whole self into account. SO HAPPY
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Possner's warmth, understanding, knowledge, and follow-through are simply invaluable. He is with me every step of the way, whatever I'm going through, and I know I've placed my health and well-being in the best possible hands.
Rockville, MD |
Dr. Possner is extremely accessible and responsive. His knowledge base is impressive and his personality is warm. He is exactly what I have been looking for in a primary care physician !
in Ft Washington, MD |
Dr Adam Possner is an excellent primary care physician. My husband and I were patients at his previous practice and followed him to Rockville Conceige. Over the past six months, my husband received a medical diagnosis that will change our lives forever. Dr. Possner has been there for us bringing in specialists to assist with my husband's case. He is a great physician and we highly recommend him to our family and friends.
in Rockville, MD |
The personal approach of Doctor Possner and his staff is a VERY welcome change from what my experience with healthcare had become. He is warm and truly invested in MY health and future medical decisions. He is a problem solver and is willing to work WITH me to decide on what choices fit MY personal choices. I am very happy that I made this change. My health is worth the cost !
in Bethesda, MD |
I am a current patient of Dr. Possner and could not be happier with his and his staffs service. Dr. Possner is extremely knowledgeable and really takes the time to listen to you. Anytime I have a question or need something I just make a call and if the staff does not have the answer (which is rare) he will get in touch with me. My dad was also in need of a doctor but could not make it to the office due to his medical condition. Dr. Possner did not hesitate to come to the home where my dad wa
Washington, DC |
Dr. Possner actually listens to what is going on and works on improving quality of life in the areas that are important to the patient. He actively engages with the specialists he refers to, not just relying on reports. When his patients are hospitalized he discusses and influeces the care, at least daily. Having him in your corner is incredibly comforting and critical for folks who are dealing with complex health issues.
in Bethesda, MD |
I have been a patient of the Rockville Concierge Doctors group for many years. Dr. Possner is new - and has become my doctor. The entire practice is terrific - Kelly, Tiffany, Zir, and Becky are the most patient and welcoming set of front-office and medical services providers. Dr. Possner is not only very good, but a great listener, and more importantly a terrific 'connector of dots'. Very pleased to continue to be a part of the RCD family!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr Possner has been my PCP for the last few months and I am extremely impressed with his medical knowledge and personable demeanor. He has been easy to reach out to and he proactively reaches out to me with follow ups within 24 hours. His level of interest, detail and availability is something from a different era -- no waiting in the exam room, earnestness in questions, and no rush to get to the next patient. I haven't had service like this in decades.
in Rockville, MD |
I have only a patient of Dr. Possner's for a month, but I can already say it has brought a huge change to my well-being as I navigate a couple of health issues that have been bothering me for a while. I came to Dr. Possner because I concluded that I could no longer be my own doctor, but needed a reliable and professional primary care physician who had first-rate professional expertise, cared for my health, knew every relevant detail and was accessible. Dr. Possner is such a doctor.
Rockville, MD |
My whole family sees Dr. Possner and we are all big fans. His commitment to keeping his patients well is what brought us to this practice. The office staff is equally committed. I debated about whether a concierge practice was worth the money but I am now convinced that it was the right call. I know that Dr. Possner will always be there for my family and the peace of mind that this brings me is priceless!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
I’ve been a patient of Rockville Concierge Doctors for just under a year now and more specifically Dr. Adam Possner, MD. I have never felt in better hands whether I am dealing with office staff or the doctors. Dr. Pozner took over two hours during my initial visit to get a good understanding of my past present and interests in the future. He then helped develop a plan so that I can accomplish my goals of better health, better sleeping and overall more active lifestyle. He even took the time to
in Washington, DC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Possner's for 5 years. It's obvious that he actually cares, which I've found hard to come by in DC. Dr. Possner is responsive, thorough, and gives great care and attention to his patients. When he moved from downtown DC to a private practice in Rockville, his new office digs became a bit far for me to travel, but I didn't hesitate when I had to decide whether to keep him as my practitioner and follow him to his practice. Easily 5/5-stars
in Darnestown |
Medical complications have exposed me to more physicians of varying backgrounds than I can remember. My wife and I finally had the opportunity to meet Dr. Possner at his former practice, and have not looked back since. He is attentive in every way, committed to linking together your network of specialists, seeking new approaches, and spends all the time needed to review the situation with you. Dr. Possner is completely dedicated to the patient and is also quite likeable!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Joining Dr. Possner’s practice was one of the best decisions I’ve made. This is a doctor who sees medicine not just as a profession but as a calling. He’s warm and caring. He listens carefully to you and considers your concerns and personal situation along with your medical problem. He walks the extra mile in researching your problem and coordinating your care with specialists. And his office staff is outstanding: warm, friendly, welcoming, and exceptionally responsive and efficient.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Possner is a wonderful physician, knowledgeable, perceptive and thorough. He treats his patients as real partners, listening carefully and taking their life situation and values into account in making medical decisions. He’s also a kind, caring person, and this shines through as he interacts with patients. I recommend Dr. Possner enthusiastically and without reservations.
in Washington, DC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Adam Possner's for over a year. His care has been exemplary, as he is bright, extraordinarily competent and thoroughly engaged in my medical needs and in listening to me. I feel that we have a partnership in helping me maintain my good health and support my health going forward. I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Possner and have encouraged friends and family to see him as well.
in Darnestown, MD |
I had been searching for the right physician and practice for a long time, and have found a great combination in Dr. Adam Possner and Rockville Concierge Doctors. My goal was to find a doctor who is knowledgeable, caring, accessible, and follows up in a timely manner. Dr. Possner embodies these qualities. I was also looking for a practice that could get to know me as an individual, and take the time needed to help me get healthier.
in Arlington, VA |
I was his patient while he was working in the GWUH before he transferred to Rockville. Amazing doctor, I love his new office because unlike other hospitals, he is able to spend more than enough time with his patients. The wait times at the practice is very short, definitely less than 10 minutes. Very easy to find appointments right away. I would recommend the practice especially Dr. Possner to anyone. He is very trustworthy, cares for his patients and he is our family Doctor!
in Washington, DC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Possner for several years. He is the best docter i have ever had. His judgement and care are extrordinary. He is a great listener and explains the medical issues and options clearly. He takes all the time needed to make you feel comfortable. He is sincere, kind, friendly and caring. I followed Dr. Possner to his new conceirge practice. The drive from DC to Rockville is well worth the benefits of being with this group. A great docter and an efficiently run office.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Possner has been our primary care physician through several significant illnesses. He has been effective in diagnosing and appropriately treating our illnesses. We have been happy working with him and his staff. When we have been ill, it has been easy to arrange a same day appointment and he sees us at the appointment time. It has also been easy to talk with him on the phone and via email; he promptly responds. When we started, he obtained our medical records and used them in planning care.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Possner clearly cares about his patients. He spends whatever time is necessary listening, clarifying points, and exploring options. He follows up on issues presented and directs you to specialists where appropriate. I have rarely been impressed with a doctor but I was so impressed with Dr. Possner that I had my wife meet with him also. She not only agreed with me but then and there decided to engage him as her doctor. We would without hesitation recommend Dr. Possner
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Possner has provided me with the medical care and attention that has been sadly missing in the medical community of late. His time and commitment is with the patient; here is a genuine concern demonstrated by Dr. Possner. As a patient of Dr. Possner at GW University Hospital, and now at his new practice in Rockville, MD, I have never once left his office without a clear understanding and action plan to follow as it related to my appointment. The staff is "5" stars ...
in Potomac, Maryland |
Dr. Possner has taken medical service to a new level. His research and follow up have been wonderful for me. His contact has been remarkable no matter where I am located. He has assembled all my past records and analyzed them. He has contacted my other doctors and spoken to them about specific issues. He spends the time necessary to make me feel I made the right decision for concierge medicine.
in Arlington, VA |
We followed Dr to his new practice in Rockville, even though we live 45 minutes away and even though it would cost us more for care. Why? Because Dr. Possner provides a level of care that we haven't found with any other primary care provider. He really takes the time to know his patients so he can deliver personal care. We get direct access to Dr. Possner and our visits are always focused, on-time and thorough. We can't recommend him highly enough!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Possner listens carefully and remembers. He is open to considering alternative diagnoses to my health problems and is not quick to get anchored in a particular diagnosis. He discusses results of tests with me promptly and explains the what and why of his recommended plan of treatment. He encourages me to take an active role in my health care. He is the ONLY physician I've had who asked me at my first visit "what I expected of him" in his care of me. Wow.
in Bethesda, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Possner for several years. I have been impressed by his thorough care and intelligent approach to medicine. He is extremely responsive, approachable, and dedicated, always available to discuss questions or concerns. Dr. Possner is an excellent resource and up-to-date on the latest medical research. I’ve found him to be genuinely interested in his patients and all aspects of their health. I recommend Dr. Possner without reservation.
in Hanover, PA |
I have been under his care for several years. He is simply the finest practitioner I have had in my seventy years. He has found real-world solutions to some vexing medical issues that my specialists were unable to solve. This has directly improved my quality of life. He has taken a great deal of time to get me approved for a new drug – time that no one else could have or would have spent on me. He gets six stars on a five-star scale.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Adam Possner is a wonderful doctor, I was a patient of his at GW and followed him here to private practice. He is smart (I like to feel my doctor is smarter than I am), he is caring and pays attention to what I tell him. That's a great quality. But most of all he is a good guy and somebody you'd like as a friend. He knows his medicine and writes poetry too. The whole package.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Possner is truly a wonderful doctor. He is brilliant with impeccable clinical judgment and is kind, caring, and genuinely interested in his patients' well-being. I have seen him for years and have always appreciated his charisma and warmth. He provides excellent referrals when needed and has always maintained a calm, practical, and respectful demeanor. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Possner -- I wish everyone I love could be his patient.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Possner is the most congenial, personable doctor I have ever met. He has wonderful bedside manner, checks up on his notes before meeting with you, and is exceptionally professional and courteous. Without a doubt, the best doctor I've seen. My only complaint is that his wait times can be a bit long, which can be frustrating.
Have you seen Dr. Adam Possner, MD?
Are you Dr. Possner?

Compare Dr. Possner

Dr. Possner says...

Dr. Possner's Care Philosophy

Dr. Possner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Possner has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Possner's Board Certifications

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

Chief Resident, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center

Completed in 2010

University of Virginia

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Possner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Possner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Preventive Medicine