Dr. Adam Perler, DPM

Dr. Adam Perler, DPM

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 47

Dr. Adam Perler, DPM is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Largo, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Palms Of Pasadena Hospital and St. Anthony's Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Perler to book an appointment.

Alexander Orthopaedic Associates

Alexander Orthopaedic Associates12416 66th St Ste A Largo, FL 33773
Alexander Orthopaedic Associates2438 Dr Martin Luther King Jr St N St Petersburg, FL 33704

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Perler is affiliated with Palms Of Pasadena Hospital South Pasadena, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Palms of Pasadena Hospital

Dr. Perler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Perler

Dr. Perler?
  • Explained conditions well (24)
  • Listened & answered questions (24)
  • Staff friendliness (24)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
I’ve been to 6 or 7 podiatrists over the past 25 years. Dr. Perler is absolutely the best, hands down. My review becomes because of the last two Cortizone shots in my foot. I had quit on every other podiatrist because the pain was unbearable, and never got enough Cortizone in. He not only got past the tendons and bone but got all the way to the spot that was needed, and this is the second time. I hope he doesn’t retire soon, because I’m not going anywhere else.
Chris Shankle – Jun 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
As someone with chronic foot and ankle problems since childhood, I can attest that Dr Adam Perler is one of the best podiatric surgeons there is! Dr Perler is very knowledgeable and provides patients with informed options so they can choose their own best path to healing with confidence and his full support. He is very caring and goes above and beyond to help his patients. I have been under Dr Perler's care for the past 18 months, undergoing multiple surgeries and dealing with unexpected complications due to my medical conditions. Dr Perler has addressed all of my concerns throughout the process with a great depth of knowledge, empathy, and immediacy as needed. In my opinion, there is no comparable option for a great foot surgeon in the Tampa Bay area than Dr Adam Perler!
Nicole D. – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
The best! The staff makes it so. Good staff shows how doctor run his business. All very kind staff. A++++ staff. Staff knows their business. They actually listen.
Jay – Mar 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
Dr. Perler is fantastic! He did a great job removing a huge bone spur from my heel, repairing the associated achilles tendon injury, and repaired two other torn tendons in the same foot. He reviewed all of the non-surgical treatments so that I could make an informed decision. He totally explained the required procedures, the post-surgery recovery time, and the therapy and total recovery times and process. His post-surgery attention was exemplary. He saw me often, answered all my questions as I went through the recovery process, and ensured everything was meeting my expectations. Thanks to him and the fabulous Physical Therapy Staff at Alexander & Assoc., after only 3 months I've resumed my fitness regimen; I'm walking up and down stairs and taking leisurely walks with my wife, all with no pain. I heartily recommend Dr. Perler and their PT Staff!
Dave S. – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
was carefully listened to and understood in the course of my 9 months seeing him, and most importantly, in his care my foot issues have gotten a lot better. I especially appreciate how cutting edge his knowledge is because that makes him highly resourceful in considering a variety of options for achieving the desired result. I've seen 3 podiatrists in my life and Dr. Perler is, hands down, the best one. He made me feel both comfortable and confident that I was in good hands. And as an added plus, the staff in his office are very professional and easy to work with.
George – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
My toes were so deformed that I had constant foot pain. Dr. Perler was able to address the deformity, come up with the perfect solution and successfully corrected the problem. I now have no pain in fact, there was much less pain immediately after the surgery than before. The recovery was much easier than anticipated. The whole staff was very professional and attentive from beginning to end. He was very professional and personable. I highly recommend him.
Susan M – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
Dr. Perler has given me back quality of life. My toes were in such terrible condition that it was difficult for me to enjoy daily activities without pain and discomfort. He operated on 6 toes and replaced one big toe joint. Recovery was smooth and much less uncomfortable than anticipated. He will not stop until you and he are happy with the results. I’d recommend him without hesitation.
ChristineBB – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
I had a history of ankle sprain. I really never took care of my ankle and arthritis caused my ankle to become increasingly more painful and rigid, to the point it was affecting my way of life. I was referred to Dr. Perler by a former patient. When I met with him I instantly liked him. He instilled confidence in me, that he could help me. It took several visits for him to determine which ankle device would be best for me and to understand what my expectations would be from the surgery. My hope was to relieve pain and restore my mobility. Dr. Perler did both! I was walking with full weight, without a boot or crutches within 8 weeks. Dr. Perler is an amazing and talented surgeon. I would recommend him so highly that to say he is a 10 would not due him justice. I stayed in Florida for physical therapy at his Largo facility, his staff there and at his office were wonderful. I'm a 77 year old man and Dr. Perler helped put the fun back in my life!
Morgan R. Griffiths in Clearwater, FL – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
Dr. Pearler, 200% the most dedicated Dr & heart felt, compassionate person you could ever meet. I had broken my ankle over 15 yrs ago, most dr. Just would give me cortisone shots and that it. Dr. Pearler took me under his wing and I qualified for ankle replacement. The same day of surgery I receive a call from my primary care physician ( in recovery)I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. I've been thru so much and had to cut short my physical therapy due to chemo. After months of so many surgeries dr. Pearler did everything he could while I recover to get therapy at home. In all the years I have never met a dr. So passionate in his work. Dr. Pearler thank you for all you've done for me. You and your family will always be a treasure to my heart. I highly recommend this doctor , YOU WOULD BE A FOOL TONPASS HIM UP! many blessing to your special gift!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
LILLIAN SANTALLA ORLANDO, FLORIDA – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
An outstand orthopedic surgeon who worked on both my splintered legs and shattered ancles. Dr. Perler practices under the Alexander Orthopedic Association. He is not only a great knowagable surgeon, he is down to earth, personable and extreamly caring. As an example, the result has given me the ability to walk again which is remarkable based on the damage to my legs. He also visited me at 9pm on a Friday night after going out to dinner with his family and with them waiting in his car. He spent ablut 45 minutes with me just to see how I was doing and to let me know he had a peer to peer discussion with my insurance comapny who was trying to discharge me against his direction. I don't know of another surgeon that would personally go to that extreme to take care of a patient. A great surgeon, one who is personable, caring and an overall just a great individual.
Bob Beninati in St Pete Beach, FL – May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
I would highly recommend Dr. Perler to anyone needing extensive foot surgery. He is very professional, knowledgeable, and caring. He had all the time in the world to explain every procedure he was going to do on my foot and showed me where to go to his website to watch short videos on each. I had absolute confidence in his ability and I’m very happy with my results. I’m also very pleased with all the office staff at the Largo location.
Gail W. in Lakewood Ranch , FL – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
My experience with Dr. Adam Perler was excellent. From my very first visit, through surgery and post recovery, Dr. Perler and his staff were compassionate and professional. Most importantly, my surgery and recovery were very successful. I feel Dr. Perler provided excellent care and expertise and met every expectation. I broke my right ankle and had surgery to repair with a plate and screws. Very fortunately to have been referred to Dr. Perler and I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Thankful Patient in St. Petersburg, FL – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
Dr Perler was the best! I saw 6 specialists trying to figure out which route to take (Dr Perler doesn't know that) and I am so pleased I chose Dr Perler. He nailed it as far as exactly what I was to expect from beginning to end. After 5 screws and a metal plate in my foot...I'm on as fast track recovery. Thank you Dr Perler!
Brenda S in Clearwater, FL – Jul 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
Dr. Perler is an excellent Doctor, attentive and cares. I would highly recommend him. Also, his Office Manager (Sherri) went out of her way to assist us with an insurance and referral need. Good practice!
M.Warren in Redington Beach, FL – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
Dr. Perler is very knowledgeable, skilled and personable. I am so thankful to have found him after a severe open ankle fracture. Due to his expertise, I am now fully recovered and able to resume activities. Happy feet, happy life!
Mary Christ in Treasure Island, Fl – Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
Excellent bedside manner, intelligent, would highly recommend!
St. Petersburg, FL – Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?
I was concerned that I broke my heel after a crash while mountain biking. I saw Dr. Perler and he ordered an X-ray and discussed his findings and my options with me. He was very receptive to how I wanted to approach my treatment and he used his skill and expertise to diagnose my problem. It turned out to be a heel contusion and I spent a couple of weeks in a walking boot which I weaned out of in his recommended time frame. I was pleased with the staff and his course of treatment.
Matt M in Brandon, FL – Jun 02, 2016
Thank you Matt. I really appreciate your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Perler, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Perler?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Perler's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Perler's Top Procedures and Conditions

Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Perler treats Ankle Sprains and Strains more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Perler treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Perler treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Perler treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Foot Sprain
  • Foot Surgery
  • Forefoot Reconstruction
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture

Dr. Perler accepts

Dr. Perler accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Select HMO
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

"Our mission is simple...To serve our community as a center of excellence for patients with disorders of the foot and ankle in a caring environment where...Read more

Dr. Adam Perler is an advanced fellowship trained podiatric surgeon at Alexander Orthopaedic Associated whose practice focuses primarily on trauma,...Read more

• Podiatric Surgery

Zimmer/Biomet Total Ankle Surgeon Development Team
2008
Wright Medical InBone Total Ankle Training/Certification
2006
Dellon Institute for Peripheral Nerve Surgery Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
2004
AO Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, MHH, Hanover, Germany - Proff. Christian Krettek
2003
Fellowship - Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Kurgan, Russia, Professor Vladimir Shetsov
2003
Palmetto General Hospital (Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery)
Beuchal Pappas Total Ankle Training/FDA Research