Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Adam Lipson, MD
Dr. Adam Lipson is a board certified neurosurgeon specializing in brain tumors, pituitary tumors, and minimally invasive techniques for spinal surgery. He graduated from Harvard Medical School with honors in 2000 then continued his training with the neurosurgical residencies at the University of Washington and Penn State Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA. His clinical interests are in minimally invasive spinal surgery, spinal deformity, spinal cord stimulation surgery for chronic pain syndromes, radiosurgery, brain tumors, spine tumors, and deep brain stimulation for movement disorders. He is on staff at the Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ; Morristown Hospital in Morristown, NJ; Trinitas Regional Medical Center in Elizabeth, NJ; St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson, NJ; and St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ. He performed the first frameless Deep Brain Stimulation procedure for movement disorders at Overlook Hospital in the spring of 2010. Dr. Lipson believes that this practice provides him with great opportunity to provide expert and personalized medical care. In 1998 he was awarded a prestigious Fulbright Fellowship to study neuro-regeneration at the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2011 he traveled to Vietnam to perform scoliosis surgery on children and educate local surgeons for Project Butterfly. Committed to helping advance his field, he gives numerous talks and lectures each year to colleagues and other medical professionals. He has written over 20 peer reviewed articles and book chapters. Dr. Lipson is an active member of several national and international professional organizations including the American Association of Neurosurgical Surgeons, Congress of Neurosurgical Surgeons, North American Spine Society, North American Neuromodulation Society and AO Spine.

Union

1057 Commerce Ave

Union, NJ 07083

Learn about Dr. Lipson

IGEA Brain & Spine is fueled by patient satisfaction and unrivaled integrity - two fundamental components that allow us to grant you world class neurosurgical care. We foster one on one relationships with you and your family to ensure a positive treatment and recovery experience. Our board certified neurosurgeons utilize leading-edge minimally invasive technology to effectively target and treat your cancer or diagnosed condition. Your journey to health and well-being begins at IGEA.

Dr. Lipson's Experience

Dr. Lipson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Movement Disorders
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Parkinson's Disease

• Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Dartmouth College
  • University of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Lipson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lipson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lipson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lipson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lipson to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Lipson's Performance
in Colts Neck, NJ |
Outstanding Surgeon, just performed a double anterior cervical discectomy and fusion and a double anterior lumbar discectomy and fusion. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Lipson, highly recommend
in Hillside, NJ |
This is the 2nd time I've had the pleasure of having Dr. Lipson as my surgeon. I had 2 microdiscectomies, which were causing me to have chronic pain in my lower back and legs. After both surgeries, I was able to walk without the chronic pain within hours of my surgery. He takes the time to explain exactly what is causing the problem and what he is going to do to fix the problem. He also takes the time to answer any and all questions that you have, and gives you the best answers he can.
Wharton, NJ |
Dr. Lipson knows his field. He was straightforward when giving a prognosis. He performed the surgery with excellence. It seems as though he has a full schedule, but he was available by phone if we had additional questions or concerns. He was kind and respectful to me and my family.
in Denville, NJ |
I would recommend Dr.Lipson to anyone who asked. He successfully operated on my back after 3 previous surgeries with the best outcome. I have no pain, I am fully functional and life is good!
Cranford, NJ |
Waited over 1 month for an appointment with Dr. Lipson. The afternoon before my appointment his office called to cancel & reschedule my appointment. No openings for another 2 months! Receptionist saw no problem with my waiting 3 months in total. Never asked why I wanted to come in or offer any other options. Finding another Doctor.
in Elizabeth NJ |
Dr Lipson is just the best !!!!! My husband had surgery with him and feels great. 100% recommend .
in St Cloud, FL |
It's hard these days finding doctors with good bedside manners. He's very compassionate and Took the time to explain the procedure and answer all my questions. My procedure went better thank expected. Now I'm looking forward to the next chapter in my life. I highly recommend him.
in Manalapan, NJ |
Compared to the typical procedure Dr. Lipson normally does, my procedure was a simple microdiscectomy. But my herniated disc was stopping me from leading a normal life. Things like sitting and getting out of bed were an ordeal. Less than 30 mins after my procedure I was given the okay to leave. The hospital was far from home. Normally sitting for that long would have been a nightmare. I got home with no pain. The procedure was on a Friday and I was back working on Monday. Thank you Dr. Lipson
in Fords, NJ |
I saw Dr. Lipson after having 7 spine surgeries, nobody would consult me. I was nervous about calling 2 schedule a appt thinking I would be shut down however I was not shut down and welcomed to be seen. I was thrilled that I was not being overlooked and would be heard. When I got in to see Dr. Lipson he was very nice and took the time to understand my complex case. He sent me for a tests after the results came back advised could help I had surgery sept 15 less than 6mo feel great. THANKS 4 ALL
in East Orange, NJ |
Dr was awesome, did a surgery no one else wanted too. Took me 5 months to find him but glad i did. Just call because your appointment gets rescheduled often
Have you seen Dr. Adam Lipson, MD?
Are you Dr. Lipson?