Dr. Adam Lewis, MD

Dr. Adam Lewis, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

We provide comprehensive state of the art neurosurgical care and pain management for the brain and spine without regard to insurance type. We value highly the trust of our patients and we want them to feel as they are part of the family. We take a whole person view of their medical care and recognize that treatments often require a diverse and a long term approach. We strive to provide the very best current medical care possible using national benchmarks for quality.

Dr. Adam Lewis, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Flowood, MS. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with Crossgates River Oaks Hospital, Central Mississippi Medical Center, Merit Health River Oaks and St. Dominic Hospital.

Dr. Lewis' Experience

See how Dr. Lewis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Lewis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewis to family and friends
    3.5
    Dr. Lewis' Performance
    in NATCHEZ MS |
    THIS DR IS GOD SENT.HE SAVED ME FROM A LIFE OF PAIN.I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH PAIN FOR SO MANY YEARS AN HE IS THE FIRST DR TO FIND MY PROBLEM.I CANT THINK HIM ENOUGH I WOULD TELL ANYBODY IF YOU NEED HELP FROM PAIN HE IS THE BEST TO FIND YOUR PROBLEM THANK YOU SO MUCH DR LEWIS.
    in Pearl, MS |
    When my wife went to see dr. Lewis he was informed that my wife was on dialysis and he said he would take care of her just like she was a part of his own family. My wife went in with neck pain after a fall dr. Lewis put her on 3 times the normal dose of Neurontin and twice the normal dose of hydrocodone. After my wife had been taking these two medications which my wife's kidneys are not working so it could not flush out the poisons of these two medicines. This doctor almost killed my wife.
    in Greenwood, MS |
    I am very pleased with the neck surgery Dr. Lewis performed for me. The pain and tingling as well as the cold feeling in my left arm and hand immediately went away. Recovery was fast and I have had no problems with returning to work. This guy is awesome. Excellent and highly recommend him!!!!
    in Madison, MS |
    I went to Dr. Lewis needing a spinal fusion. Other local doctors said I was not a good candidate. Dr. Lewis took the time to show me the MRI results and explain what neded to be done. I was able to schedule a visit with him and surgery within two weeks of my referral. Dr. Lewis and his staff were super nice, competent, and easy to talk to. I highly recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery. I was up and walking a few hours after surgery and am improving daily.
    in Bay Springs, MS |
    Words cannot express my gratitude to this Dr. I was in so much pain for 2 weeks after a MVA and had lost height in my back due to a compression fracture at L3&4, which caused constant pain. Dr. Lewis performed Balloon Kyphoplasty at 8:00a.m in the morning and I have been pain free since. His office staff, as well as his outpatient staff at the hospital were very attentive, compassionate, professional and personable. I highly recommend this physician!!! Thank you Dr. Lewis!!
    in Seattle, WA |
    I have a history of chronic migraines since the age of 6, and having met many doctors in the course of my life Dr Adam Lewis was very clearly one of the best, with a welcome and friendly bedside manner and a productive attitude for getting the necessary surgeries scheduled and completed. The occipital nerve stimulator technology he used remains one of the most effective treatments I've encountered to date.
    in Pearl, MS |
    Dr Lewis has been a great doctor. He has always been there for me and when something new came out he would let me know to see if it would help me have a better quality of life. When I first seen him I could not even walk but after everything he has done I can walk now. I would recommend him to anybody. He cares!!
    Jackson, MS |
    Seems to be very competent however in the past years since I've seen this doctor, his demeanor has changed as he seems very busy and seems most interested in getting on to other patients. Extremely difficult to phone and actually talk to a real person and I've been waiting two weeks for a phone call to schedule another procedure. I've called, emailed to no avail.
    in Decatur, MS |
    I had an MRI yesterday which changed the setting on my programmable shunt. I called his office was told to come, no appointment needed for that. At over an hour drive from here it was refreshing to be welcomed at his office. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was seen right away, and was tuned up quickly. Thank you
    Dr. Lewis performed all three of my back surgeries. However, when I had my last one, something had changed about him. He looked and acted very different. He seemed too busy and not compassionate. His FNP was cruel, and always unprofessional. I was left with permanent damage after this past surgery. Very disappointed. My life has been altered drastically!
    in Natchez, Mississippi |
    I had a cervical disc replacement at two levels The week before Christmas 2015. I also had a left carpal tunnel release during the same surgery. The results were immediate. The day after the surgery, I basically had no pain. I was amazed. I would highly recommend disc replacement, as opposed to a fusion. Dr. Louis is in the top 1% globally of his profession. He did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend him for your surgical needs.
    Have you seen Dr. Adam Lewis, MD?
    Are you Dr. Lewis?

Dr. Lewis' Care Philosophy

Dr. Lewis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Chief of Neurosurgery, St Dominic's Hospital, 01/01/2012
      • Special Contribution Award Veterans Affairs, 1996
      • Southern Neurosurgical Society Award, 1994
      • Cerebrovascular neurosurgery and Endoscopic brain surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lewis' Board Certifications

• Cerebellar Astrocytoma
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebral Vascular Disease
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
    • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Meningiomas
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Nerve Sheath Tumors

University Cincinnati Med Center

Completed in 1996

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Carpal Tunnel Release
    • Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Endoscopic
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
    • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
    • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
    • Disc Replacement
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
    • Intracranial Vessel Angioplasty and Stenting
    • Kyphoplasty
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy