Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Adam Bruggeman, MD
Dr. Adam Bruggeman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Bruggeman is affiliated with Foundation Surgical Hospital of San Antonio, South Texas Spine and Surgical Hospital, Methodist Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills, North Central Baptist Hospital and St. Lukes Baptist Hospital.

1139 E Sonterra Blvd Ste 565

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Bruggeman

My staff and I are unequivocally committed to providing world class patient centered care. As a patient you can expect us to strive for perfection in the following care areas

Medical competence in traditional and cutting edge treatments, including minimally invasive surgery

Respect for your time and dignity

Accurate and timely billing

Thorough but understandable answers to your questions

Extensive care pre- and post-operative care

Exhaust all non-surgical options

Dr. Bruggeman's Experience

Dr. Bruggeman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Bruggeman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Broken Arm
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Cervical Herniated Disc
  • Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion

• South Texas Spinal Clinic, San Antonio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Trinity University-Masters In Hospital Administration
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Dr. Bruggeman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bruggeman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bruggeman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bruggeman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bruggeman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bruggeman to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Bruggeman's Performance
Dr. Bruggeman is an awesome surgeon and has a staff that is second to none, I have had several surgeries with him and it he takes care to explain everything and takes great care of his patients. He has my highest recommendation.
San Antonio, TX |
Dissatisfied.
in Leander, TX |
I am honored to be a patient of Dr Bruggeman. He is the most thorough, professional and knowledgeable person I know. He was not quick to do surgery on my back as he believes in exploring all options first. I was not responsive to PT or pain management so Dr B had to perform a laminectomy and implant a spinal chord stimulator in my back. Thanks to his skillful hands, I am able to walk with no pain in my legs. I will be forever grateful. Have referred several friends to him with equal succes
in Leander, Tx |
Dr Bruggeman is the most knowledgeable, caring physician I have ever met. He identified the cause of severe, acute pain I was having in my shoulder blade caused by disc problems in my neck. I was impressed that he did not jump into surgery as a solution, but advised other measures. I am so thankful that I am now able to return to my sewing and computer work. Two years ago, just before leaving on a trip, my pain level was above 10. Dr B was immediately accessible provided the care I needed.
Houston, TX |
I have to say this surgeon is below par and is not patient focused, does not focus on the whole patient and does band-aid surgeries that do not solve the problem prompting repeat surgeries. If having pain and seeking surgical options, I would recommend you keep looking and find a Surgeon who is well trained has more experience and plans to treat the problem and not the symptoms.
San Antonio , TX |
I would not recommend this surgeon for my dog. Had surgery, 4 days later in ER with pain at level 10. All he did was come in and tell me none of my problems were because of him. Long story short, all my problems were caused by his surgery. I was going to therapy and couldn't swallow and therapist called doctor and again it wasn't his fault and was sending me to another Dr. A swallow Dr go figure. Went to the best spine Dr in town and no more problems.
in San Antonio, TX |
Some staff were very nice and others are downright snarky and unpleasant. Confusing and contradictory information given to me repeatedly from Dr. Bruggeman and staff. They all made repeated mistakes. Most importantly, he didn't pay attention to my case and made recommendations that other well respected neurosurgeons said were not warranted based on my case and could have caused me lifelong damage. Don't trust him with your spine.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have required 2 laminectomies. Dr. Bruggeman has performed both of them and I could not be more satisfied with the result. My experience is that he is a fantastic surgeon and I would not hesitate to go back to him if necessary and would recommend anyone do the same.
in Seguin, TX |
Dr. Bruggeman put me back together after one of the best neurologist in San Antonio worked on my neck. This neurologist misplaced a screws that held the hardware in place during a spinal fusion surgery causing a vertebrates to break! I saw Dr. B! Right away he saw the problem. Dr. B corrected the problem by replacing the hardware. Dr. B is more like family now to me. He is very knowledgeable, caring, kind, trusting! Dr.B take all the time you need, no rushing here! God has blessed this Doctor!!
in San Antonio, Texas |
I was turned over to Dr. Bruggeman my previous surgeon was moving. My last back surgery resulted in: 10dys after the cage was slipping several months after left pedicel screws broke several months after right pedicel screws broke too. All he said was it was all good never telling me. To cover himself he suggested a spinal cord stem implant which was done. I am in continuous pain which he told my other doctor that the pain was all in my head. Others drs have had to redo his surgeries. Be careful.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bruggeman is an outstanding and gifted doctor and surgeon. His skills are exemplary and his bedside manner extraordinary. He makes his patients feels cared about and confident in his ability to help and restore them to health. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bruggeman is accessible, has an excellent bedside manner, and is always well versed on and clear about treatment options. He's a credit to a profession riddled by many who process patients like little more than an item number. Very blessed to be a patient!
Boerne, TX |
Dr. Bruggeman is the most responsive surgeon I have ever worked with. I can't say enough good things about him and his willingness to communicate and do whatever he can regardless of the time of day, if it's a holiday, or if he is out of town. He's a remarkable physician and I am very thankful he was recommended by my PCP.
in Seguin, TX |
There are only a few good spine surgeons in the whole state. There are only 1 or two in SA. This guys isn't one of them. Look for them. Don't take anyone's word for it or believe that all surgeons are created equal. There are only 4-5 good programs nationwide. Just because someone is a doctor or lawyer or plumber does not make them proficient at what they do. If you see this surgeons ask to see real outcomes of past patients up to 3 years beyond surgery. Please be careful. It's your spine!
in San Antonio, TX |
He needs new staff. Had an appointment with this doctor rescheduled twice by his office and to show up on the third appointed day to find out he won't see my case.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bruggeman is extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and has the ability to explain medical conditions and procedures in layman's terms. I was thoroughly amazed at how quickly I was in and out of his office and, at the same time, I was not rushed. On the contrary, Dr. Bruggeman allowed me to discuss my concerns and he addressed each and every concern I had. His staff was professional and very courteous. To sum it up...I would definitely recommend Dr. Bruggeman!
in Uvalde, TX |
I have had the pleasure of being a patient of Dr. Bruggeman since the middle of 2014. He and his staff are sincerely friendly and their work demonstrates it. Dr. Bruggeman is the type of physician who actually sits with his patients and listens to them. Then he gives you his honest answer and will explain it in laymans terms if need be (like I need)!
Have you seen Dr. Adam Bruggeman, MD?
Are you Dr. Bruggeman?

Visit Dr. Bruggeman

Dr. Bruggeman accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    TriCare for Life