Dr. Adam Bakker, MD

Dr. Adam Bakker, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Adam Bakker, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Plymouth, MN and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from University Of Mn Med Sch in 2007 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.Read his story

2855 Campus Dr Ste 300

Plymouth, MN 55441

• HealthPartners
  • Medica

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Minnesota

Check Dr. Bakker's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bakker's Top Procedures and Conditions

Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Dr. Bakker performs Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment more than 90% of his peers

Dr. Bakker performs this procedure more than 90% of his peers

Hand Fracture

Dr. Bakker treats Hand Fracture more than 88% of his peers

Dr. Bakker treats this condition more than 88% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Bennett's Fracture
  • Carpal Fractures
  • Scaphoid Fractures
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)

Dr. Bakker treats Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers) more than 88% of his peers

• Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

"Adam J. Bakker, MD, is a board certified and Mayo Clinic hand surgery fellowship-trained surgeon who specializes in surgical and nonsurgical treatment of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. He focuses on conditions of the hand and upper extremitie...

Fellowship In Hand Surgery At Mayo Clinic
University Of Washington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Surgery Residency Program
2007

Dr. Bakker?
Dr. Bakker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Adam Bakker, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I would highly recommend Dr Adam Bakker to any of my friends for surgery. He preformed carpel tunnel surgery on both of my wrists three weeks apart. Both are doing great! I have no numbess in either hand. I'm able to sleep at night. Thanks Dr Bakker
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Bakker. He is personable, wam, and knowledgeable. Both surgeries were successful, with speedy and reasonably painless recoveries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I had trigger finger (pulley release) surgery last month. My hand is doing very well. Dr Bakker and his staff are excellent. Not many times does a doctor call you the day after surgery to see how you are doing. Not only excellent at his job, but also very caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Bakker!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I fully broke my left wrist. Dr. Bakker set the bone and added a metal plate. His work was perfect the clinic guided me perfectly in practices and physical therapy to regain mobility and strength. I have full mobility and strength again. I do not believe any doctor in the world could have done a better job. His staff was courteous, professional, Timely, and positive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
Parent of patient who had a right scapholunate ligament reconstruction operation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
Dr. Bakker made me feel comfortable from the start. He truly wants the best for his patient and takes the time to explain why and what he is recommending for you to move forward with. His appointments are quick but informing and straight to the point. He will answer ANY question you might have in full detail. I was terrified to have surgery along with getting a plate and screws on my wrist after fracturing it in 3 places. Once he explained the quick recovery time and the process of the surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I broke my collarbone right before Christmas and there were other health issues that caused me to fall. While they weighed heavily on my mind, Dr. Bakker and his prompt, professional, and expert care did not. His care coordinator scheduled surgery right away. Throughout the whole process, Dr. Bakker engaged with me as a person rather than an object which some practitioners can do sometimes without even realizing it. He answered all my questions with patience and gave me the confidence that w
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
Awesome Dr. - very caring, easy to communicate with. A very positive experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I had ulnar nerve transposition surgery with Dr. Bakker. I met with him for consultation, pre-op, and post-op followup and found his professionalism and knowledge to be exceptional. Don't be fooled by his smile and young appearance. Dr. Bakker is a serious and skilled surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I met Dr Bakker because I broke my right wrist slipping on ice. Dr Bakker was excellent at explaining the procedure and answering my questions. He was very concerned about how I was recovering from surgery. Dr. Bakker has a very kind and sincere manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I had the pleasure of having Dr. Bakker perform surgery on my right thumb. I had a full tear of the UCL which left me unable to grasp, write, or do anything with my thumb. Dr. Bakker thoroughly explained the extent of my injury and what was needed to repair it. I was never skeptical and gave him my full trust to get me back to normal and he did not disappoint!! He and his staff are the best and have helped me get back to all of my life's activities. Highly recommend Dr. Bakker and his staff!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
The cartilage at the base of my left thumb was gone. My thumb was dislocating of its own will and I had lost significant range of motion. Simple tasks had become painful. Dr. Bakker performed carpometacarpal joint arthroplasty on my left thumb. It is now twelve weeks after surgery. Pain has been minimal, and visual remnants of the surgery are nearly gone. Range of motion is already nearly back to normal, and the thumb is secure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
When my husband and I met him, he was very personable and professional. I had broke my wrist the day before and wanted me in for surgery ASAP. His team rearranged his schedule got me in and I was home by 3:00. He took time the next day to call me to see how I was. I have multiple Dr's at TCO for each part of the body they specialize in. Everyone one of them excede and excel at being awesome. So grateful to have Dr Bakker as a part of my team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
Dr. Bakker is the best doctor-surgeon I ever met. I had carpel tunnel surgery in both hands and he was so great! He has great surgical skills and great manner. I was so lucky that I was treated by such a good surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
On a scale of 1-10 my experience was a 15! Highly recommend Dr. Bakker & team! After years of pain, debilitation, and hand starting to atrophy I am, a few months after carpal tunnel release, working at a physical job! All aspects of procedure excellent and Dr. Bakker is a gift to humanity.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I met Dr. Bakker when he repaired my partner's broken wrist, and was impressed by his manner and medical acumen. A year later, when I needed surgery on my shoulder after an accident, I thought of Dr. Bakker and contacted his office. He spoke thoughtfully and knowledgeably about my situation and how he could help, and I felt very comfortable with him as my surgeon. Everything went well and he seems to be happy with the outcome and my post-surgery progress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I had a large growth on my finger than needed to be removed and a biopsy. Dr. Bakker and is staff were wonderful. Nothing was rushed, he took time to explain things and answer questions. He was on time or early for appointments (rare in my experience). The surgery went smooth and the results excellent. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I was referred by another doctor to see Dr. Bakker. I have seen multiple doctors over the last 3 years with a wrist problem and kept getting different answers. That all ended when I saw Dr. Bakker, as he knew right away what the problem was. Very thankful he did my surgery and it couldn't have gone any better. I will also be doing my next surgery with him. Everything was explained thoroughly, and the staff was excellent. I would highly recommend him to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Bakker for bilateral carpal tunnel release. I found Dr. Bakker to be very thorough, making sure I understood the procedures and what to expect in the end. He is personable and even though this is a run of the mill surgery for him, I felt like he was right there with me considering it to be the big deal it was for me. His office staff is excellent and his Care Coordinator is WONDERFUL! I am so thankful for all of them! I highly recommend Dr. Bakker.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Bakker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bakker?

Insurance accepted

Ucare
Wells Fargo Insurance
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bakker treats patients.