Dr. Adam Altman, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 63

Ophthalmology

Dr. Adam Altman, MD is an Ophthalmology Specialist in Wyomissing, PA and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Univ Of Massachusetts Medical School|University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1985. He is affiliated with Reading Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Adam Altman, MD

Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania, PC

1 Granite Point Dr Ste 100 Wyomissing, PA 19610

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Altman's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Altman accepts

Dr. Altman accepts the following insurance:

Advantra
UPMC Health Plan

Dr. Altman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Altman

Amazing!!
Wanted to correct my vision and Dr. Altman was more than willing to help me! Very respectful, answered all of my questions, and told me exactly what I needed to do for my eye’s improvement!
Dec 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
gives a very good examination. explains everything in detail.I would highly recommend this Dr to anyone.
Joe Hanna – Jun 24, 2022
Great Doctor
I recently had Dr Altman perform cataract surgery on both of my eyes, I could not be any happier with the results ! Dr Altman is very professional and a very skilled surgeon. He also performed Lasik surgery on my wife's eyes several years ago. At 59 he has given me the distance vision I had when I was 20 ........ incredible experience ! I highly recommend Dr Altman
Scott Kissinger – May 03, 2022
Successful Cataract Surgery
Dr. Altman implanted lenses in both of my eyes. I was not a good candidate for a multi lens implants. Dr. Altman was able to adjust my prescription that enabled me to see both distance and also read a text. As a teacher this is very beneficial to be able to see small print as well as distance. I would definitely recommend Dr. Altman to family and friends!
Susan Ebling – Apr 26, 2022
Highly Recommend
Dr Altman is an outstanding doctor. He was professional, kind, caring, answered all of my questions and performed my surgery with the results I was amazed at. He called me himself to check in on how was doing after each of the two cataract procedures I had done. I no longer need glasses which is a blessing. I am very thankful for him and the care he and his staff provided. I highly recommend Dr. Altman!
George Morris – Mar 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I had a retina detachment last year and a cataract in the other eye. Dr. Altman squeezed me in as soon as he could because I was blind for a day and half. Dr. Malloy did a procedure on my eye in the office the day that I got there. Dr. Altman got me in a week and half to have my cataract removed. July 13th, I went in to have my cataract removed from my other eye. They are all so nice and willing to help with anything. They made me feel that I wasn't alone and that everything would be ok. I had complete trust in Dr. Altman because he and Dr. Malloy gave me my eyesight back again. He called me later to tell me that the surgery went well. Not many doctors would take the time to call their patients themselves. It made me feel so much better hearing from him. I still get tears in my eyes when I see him because I am so grateful for him to give me my eyesight back. I recommend him to anyone who has cataracts. I trust him with my life!!
Deb Hook – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
After years of thinking about it, I finally got LASIK done with Dr. Altman. Words can’t express how happy I am with the outcome and the entire experience. Dr. Altman and his staff spent time answering my many questions and making sure I was prepared for the procedure. On the day of my LASIK Dr. Altman could tell I looked terrified; and he talked to me throughout the entire procedure to let me know that I was doing well. The entire procedure was done in minutes. I wish I would have gotten this done years ago! Thank you to Dr. Altman and his entire team for an exceptional experience! Highly, highly recommend! (Especially if you’re a scaredy cat like me!! :)
Nicole Angstadt – May 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
Great experience. Bi-lateral Cataract surgery, Dr. Altman was professional, answered questions, excellent follow-up care, someone who listened to me and my needs. I recommend him to anyone who is looking to have the needed correction work done.
Doug LaFauci – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I had a very dense cataract in my right eye and a retinal detachment in my left eye at the same time. I was literally blind. The same day that I went to Granite Point, I saw both Dr. Malloy and Dr. Altman. Dr Malloy was up front and gave me all of the options with the procedures for the retinal detachment. He did the procedure with the gas bubble right away. He called in Dr. Altman and said that they had to do something so I could function again. They worked together and Dr. Altman was scheduled out 2 months for surgery and he got me in 1 1/2 weeks from that day. I am so grateful for both of them and everyone at Granite Point. Everyone made me feel really good and knew that I was scared and they all reassured me that I had the best doctors taking care of me. They were so right. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Malloy, Dr. Altman and the entire staff at Granite Point. They literally gave me a new look on life. I would recommend them to anyone.
Deb Hook – Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
Explained things very well and had a real conversation about how to fix my vision, which I had put off for years. Much better now and I shouldn’t have waited. Would Very highly recommend Dr. Altman and his staff. My only complaint was it took more then a month for his next surgery opening but I think that’s because things are more spread out now because of the health situation everywhere.
Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
"Dr. My Eye..." How does one find the words to thank Dr. Altman for the skill, talent & kindness he blessed my eyes with ? Due to cataract surgery, I have eagle eye vision at a distance and the sky is blue again. The quality of my life has improved immensely. Now I am busy cleaning corners in the house I never knew were dirty ! Thank you God for choosing Dr. A. and his wonderful outpt. and O.R. staff to open up new windows in life for me ! Marie S. August 10 ,2020
Marie S. – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I am a patient that is very very nearsighted and had been wearing corrective lenses from the age of 4. I started having some eye issues around the age of 45 and by 48 needed cataract surgery in both eyes. I did some research and asked around and kept hearing the name Altman. I made an appointment with Dr. Altman and this was a decision I will never regret. He is an extremely professional doctor who takes pride in his profession. After my examination , he explained to me: my options, the risks vs. benefits, and was very patient with me and answered all my questions. I scheduled the appointments , had both eyes corrected, I am now able to go without glasses (needing only reading glasses) and couldn't be happier. My glasses prior to surgery were coke bottle thick and I couldn't see without them. This surgery has been life changing. I can't express my gratitude and how much I would recommend Dr. Altman.
Dr. Adam Altman – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I had cataracts in both eyes. Dr. Altman and his staff were amazing. Could not have asked for a more caring staff and the results from my surgery exceeded my hope for improved sight. The entire process from beginning to end was done professionally plus I had the impression that Dr. Altman really cared about my eye sight. I highly recommend Dr. Altman and his staff!
Robert Wagner – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I was diagnosed with cataracts at age 48. I never thought I would need surgery at that age. Dr. Altman was very professional and explained all of the procedures I needed in a professional manner. He is one of the best doctors around and I highly recommend him to anyone needing cataract surgery. My vision is so much better thanks to him. It's amazing being able to see after needing corrective lenses since I was in the first grade.
Rhonda C. – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I was very fortunate to find Dr Altman. He is experienced and professional. Also pleasant and informative. The staff is amazing. He made the whole experience (cataract surgery) easy and I am forever grateful to him for restoring my vision. I would highly recommend Dr. ALTMAN/Eye Consultants to anyone looking for an expert physician.
Lori Wilson in Stevens , PA – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman and his team are extremely thorough, professional and caring. I did a lot of research before selecting a Doctor to do my lasik and I am so happy I chose them. I had some minor swelling after the procedure and Dr. Altman was very proactive and genuine in resolving it. He treated me like a patient, not just another number. I can't thank them enough for being so thorough and caring. Getting lasik and choosing this team was the best decision I have made. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND! – Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I met with Dr. Altman this past summer for the first time. I was unable to get the lasik I had dreamed of, however dr. Altman said he’d like to see me back in 3 months (I was still nursing). I just had my dream lasik surgery this past Friday. He was the calmest person throughout my entire surgery. He made me feel completely at ease by talking throughout the entire process. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!! Thank you so much Dr. Altman, truly thankful I chose to have you as my doctor!
A VERY happy patient – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman and his capable staff did an excellent job with my pre-op, operation, and post op. Everything went smoothly and Dr. Altman was precise with my care and surgical procedure.
Diane Worley – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman is the superstar of Ophthalmology. He was very thorough, explaining all my options which allowed me to make the proper decisions regarding how I would move forward with my eye issues. I had cataract surgery performed, which was done flawlessly and received a call at home that evening from Dr. Altman checking on my post surgery condition. His staff was amazing and extremely well trained. Thank you Dr. Altman for restoring my eyesight. I am very grateful.
Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Altman and his staff. For the better part of my lfe I have had terrible vision. My astigmatism and cataracts were restricting me of some of the joys in life and I am very thankful that my eye Dr. referred me to him. Dr. Altman talked me through the necessary steps of ridding me of cataracts and having corrective implants installed. He and his team are very thorough and caring. I will absolutely advise any and all that are in need of his profession to call his office(s) for a consultation. I still can't believe that I can see without glasses. Absolutely incredible.
David Golembiewski – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adam Altman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Altman?