Dr. Adam Altman, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 62

Dr. Adam Altman, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Wyomissing, PA. He is affiliated with Reading Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Altman to book an appointment.

Dr. Altman

Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania, PC

1 Granite Point Dr Ste 100 Wyomissing, PA 19610

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Ophthalmology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Clean Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is clean. See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Altman's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Vision Screening
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Altman accepts

Dr. Altman accepts the following insurance:

Select
Worker's Compensation WC

Dr. Altman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Altman

Dr. Altman
I had a retina detachment last year and a cataract in the other eye. Dr. Altman squeezed me in as soon as he could because I was blind for a day and half. Dr. Malloy did a procedure on my eye in the office the day that I got there. Dr. Altman got me in a week and half to have my cataract removed. July 13th, I went in to have my cataract removed from my other eye. They are all so nice and willing to help with anything. They made me feel that I wasn't alone and that everything would be ok. I had complete trust in Dr. Altman because he and Dr. Malloy gave me my eyesight back again. He called me later to tell me that the surgery went well. Not many doctors would take the time to call their patients themselves. It made me feel so much better hearing from him. I still get tears in my eyes when I see him because I am so grateful for him to give me my eyesight back. I recommend him to anyone who has cataracts. I trust him with my life!!
Deb Hook – Jul 14, 2021
After years of thinking about it, I finally got LASIK done with Dr. Altman. Words can’t express how happy I am with the outcome and the entire experience. Dr. Altman and his staff spent time answering my many questions and making sure I was prepared for the procedure. On the day of my LASIK Dr. Altman could tell I looked terrified; and he talked to me throughout the entire procedure to let me know that I was doing well. The entire procedure was done in minutes. I wish I would have gotten this done years ago! Thank you to Dr. Altman and his entire team for an exceptional experience! Highly, highly recommend! (Especially if you’re a scaredy cat like me!! :)
Nicole Angstadt – May 11, 2021
Great experience. Bi-lateral Cataract surgery, Dr. Altman was professional, answered questions, excellent follow-up care, someone who listened to me and my needs. I recommend him to anyone who is looking to have the needed correction work done.
Doug LaFauci – Oct 14, 2020
Explained things very well and had a real conversation about how to fix my vision, which I had put off for years. Much better now and I shouldn’t have waited. Would Very highly recommend Dr. Altman and his staff. My only complaint was it took more then a month for his next surgery opening but I think that’s because things are more spread out now because of the health situation everywhere.
Aug 21, 2020
"Dr. My Eye..." How does one find the words to thank Dr. Altman for the skill, talent & kindness he blessed my eyes with ? Due to cataract surgery, I have eagle eye vision at a distance and the sky is blue again. The quality of my life has improved immensely. Now I am busy cleaning corners in the house I never knew were dirty ! Thank you God for choosing Dr. A. and his wonderful outpt. and O.R. staff to open up new windows in life for me ! Marie S. August 10 ,2020
Marie S. – Aug 11, 2020
I am a patient that is very very nearsighted and had been wearing corrective lenses from the age of 4. I started having some eye issues around the age of 45 and by 48 needed cataract surgery in both eyes. I did some research and asked around and kept hearing the name Altman. I made an appointment with Dr. Altman and this was a decision I will never regret. He is an extremely professional doctor who takes pride in his profession. After my examination , he explained to me: my options, the risks vs. benefits, and was very patient with me and answered all my questions. I scheduled the appointments , had both eyes corrected, I am now able to go without glasses (needing only reading glasses) and couldn't be happier. My glasses prior to surgery were coke bottle thick and I couldn't see without them. This surgery has been life changing. I can't express my gratitude and how much I would recommend Dr. Altman.
Dr. Adam Altman – Apr 13, 2020
I had cataracts in both eyes. Dr. Altman and his staff were amazing. Could not have asked for a more caring staff and the results from my surgery exceeded my hope for improved sight. The entire process from beginning to end was done professionally plus I had the impression that Dr. Altman really cared about my eye sight. I highly recommend Dr. Altman and his staff!
Robert Wagner – Feb 24, 2020
I was diagnosed with cataracts at age 48. I never thought I would need surgery at that age. Dr. Altman was very professional and explained all of the procedures I needed in a professional manner. He is one of the best doctors around and I highly recommend him to anyone needing cataract surgery. My vision is so much better thanks to him. It's amazing being able to see after needing corrective lenses since I was in the first grade.
Rhonda C. – Feb 21, 2020
I was very fortunate to find Dr Altman. He is experienced and professional. Also pleasant and informative. The staff is amazing. He made the whole experience (cataract surgery) easy and I am forever grateful to him for restoring my vision. I would highly recommend Dr. ALTMAN/Eye Consultants to anyone looking for an expert physician.
Lori Wilson in Stevens , PA – Feb 14, 2020
Dr. Altman and his team are extremely thorough, professional and caring. I did a lot of research before selecting a Doctor to do my lasik and I am so happy I chose them. I had some minor swelling after the procedure and Dr. Altman was very proactive and genuine in resolving it. He treated me like a patient, not just another number. I can't thank them enough for being so thorough and caring. Getting lasik and choosing this team was the best decision I have made. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND! – Feb 03, 2020
I met with Dr. Altman this past summer for the first time. I was unable to get the lasik I had dreamed of, however dr. Altman said he’d like to see me back in 3 months (I was still nursing). I just had my dream lasik surgery this past Friday. He was the calmest person throughout my entire surgery. He made me feel completely at ease by talking throughout the entire process. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!! Thank you so much Dr. Altman, truly thankful I chose to have you as my doctor!
A VERY happy patient – Nov 19, 2019
Dr. Altman and his capable staff did an excellent job with my pre-op, operation, and post op. Everything went smoothly and Dr. Altman was precise with my care and surgical procedure.
Diane Worley – Nov 12, 2019
Dr. Altman is the superstar of Ophthalmology. He was very thorough, explaining all my options which allowed me to make the proper decisions regarding how I would move forward with my eye issues. I had cataract surgery performed, which was done flawlessly and received a call at home that evening from Dr. Altman checking on my post surgery condition. His staff was amazing and extremely well trained. Thank you Dr. Altman for restoring my eyesight. I am very grateful.
Nov 11, 2019
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Altman and his staff. For the better part of my lfe I have had terrible vision. My astigmatism and cataracts were restricting me of some of the joys in life and I am very thankful that my eye Dr. referred me to him. Dr. Altman talked me through the necessary steps of ridding me of cataracts and having corrective implants installed. He and his team are very thorough and caring. I will absolutely advise any and all that are in need of his profession to call his office(s) for a consultation. I still can't believe that I can see without glasses. Absolutely incredible.
David Golembiewski – Oct 25, 2019
Dr. Altman is amazing in all aspects of his practice. He took my very unique situation (RK performed in 1993 and now having issues with it), worked through several options and came up with a solution that worked (clear lens replacement). He spent time reviewing my case with others in his network and even called me at home a few times to review before as well as after the procedure. Finally he even took an interest in some of the health issues I've been having and has continued to inquire into my well being. Can't say enough kind words about Dr. Altman. I HIGHLY recommend him for any and all of your eye needs!
Ali Jenan – Sep 19, 2019
Dr. Altman, performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes and I could not be more happy. I went from not being able to see anything without my glasses to being able to see perfectly without any assistance. If you need eye surgery, Dr. Altman is definitely the choice! Absolutely no negatives about this experience! Thank you Dr. Altman and your fine staff at Eye Consultants of PA!
Gregory S Hafer – Sep 10, 2019
Both my husband and I have had cataract removal on both eyes by Dr. Altman. He takes time to explain everything about the procedure and what to expect. His skills are unparalleled. Our results were wonderful. In addition we feel he is completely invested in making his patients comfortable and secure. Also, the staff at Granite Point are exceptional.
Elaine Moyer – Aug 28, 2019
I had a cataract removed in my right eye by Dr. Altman. When I went to my first appointment with him I was nearly blind in that eye. Thanks to Dr. Altman I can actually see out of my eye now. He gave me my eyesight back, which I will be eternally grateful for. He is a very caring doctor and tells you everything up front about the surgery. I would like to Thank Dr. Altman and his staff at Granite Point for everything they did for me. I highly recommend him to anyone. He deserves more then 5 stars
Julia Thomas – Aug 22, 2019
I had Lasik on both eyes with Dr Altman in May. I had done months of research on Lasik providers within 50 miles and scoured their reviews. I ultimately chose Dr Altman and am so glad that I did! He is incredibly knowledgable and willingly explains all aspects of the testing done preoperatively as well as the procedure process. On the day of surgery, Dr Altman made sure to walk me through each step before getting started. The whole procedure took almost no time at all and I experienced minimal pain - if any! It was more just pressure and some burning which was gone after 3-4 hours. Dr Altman and his team were wonderful to consult with and made me feel comfortable and provided me with all the education needed throughout the whole process, from preop exams to follow up. I couldn't be more thankful to Dr Altman and his team! I have just about 20/15 vision now and it's great to wake up and see!
Keelia M in Pottsville, PA – Jun 30, 2019
I had cataracts removed from both eyes. I was very impressed by the knowledge, care, and accuracy of Dr. Altman throughout the entire experience. I highly recommend him to anyone considering cataract surgery. My eyes have improved beyond expectations.
May 06, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Altman?

Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania is the leading eye care practice in the region.  Our nationally-recognized team of ophthalmologists and eye care specialists...Read more

Adam J. Altman, MD, a Cataract/Lens Implant, LASIK, and Fellowship-trained Corneal Specialist, was the first doctor in Berks County to perform laser vision...Read more

• Ophthalmology