Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD

Internal MedicineMaleAge 42

Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in Smithtown, NY and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology / Faculty of Medicine medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pilip to book an appointment.

Dr. Pilip

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pilip

4.2

76.54320987654322%

Dr. Pilip?
  • Office environment (69)
  • Appointment scheduling (65)
  • Listened & answered questions (65)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (13)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
You are only a name here - nothing more! I have been a patient for many years, thankfully not having to see the doctor much during that time. However, 3 weeks ago, I had to start taking blood pressure medicine. I had a general question for the doctor and he refused to speak to me unless I came to the office for a visit. I told the receptionist I did not feel comfortable coming to the office with all the Covid cases and could he just answer my question over the phone or do a telehealth visit - and he said NO, that I had to come to his office. What a DISGRACE!!
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Diane Kellington – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Idiots! Dr pilip and his office, especially Samantha, no follow thru, take the money and not take care if the patient. Dr Philip and his office are unreliable. 90 year old mother in law needed cardiology clearance fir surgery. Dr pilip was supposed to send clearance to the surgeon, surgeon trying to reach Pilip the idiot to get clearance. Dr pilip has chosen not to answer, and not to do his job. Ridiculous, my mother in law already started surgery prep. Now surgeon has to get cardiology clearance at the hospital. Dr Pilip you need to be reported to the state board. The stress you are causing our family is not necessary. Pilip office closed and nothing was done.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Debra Friedl – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
At first when I got Dr. Pilip after my last doctor retired, I was excited to meet him. After regular treatment, though, it became harder and harder to get him to listen to me. He focuses on individual symptoms, and prescribes medications to address them without trying to understand what is causing the symptoms -- and without considering how the medication affected my other disorders. I always feel rushed and that he is not considering the full picture of my health, and dismisses me when I go to do my own research.
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Greatest doctors!!! Both Dr Pilip and Dr Nair are so thorough! They truly have my best interest in mind! My whole family sees these doctors. I would recommend to everyone!!
Apr 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Dr. Pilip is an extremely knowledgeable and caring, doctor. He does everything possible to help the patient. He is also prudent in his decisions. I never feel rushed since he spends the necessary time with me. I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor and he or his assistant always gets back to me in a timely fashion.
James L. Stolba – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
On the day of my visit for a check up with my doctor I was told she retired and Dr Pilip was now who I get. He sat across the room from me and asked questions but never once examined me. Then billed my insurance company for a new patient exam.
Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
I went to Dr. Pilip because I wasn’t feeling well and was getting easily winded. On my 1st visit there was an EKG ordered. He initially said he didn’t like what he saw. Fortunately, he decided the best action was to bypass a stress test and go straight for an angiogram. He and his staff got me in touch with St. Francis hospital and made the arrangements. The angiogram indicated that I had an 80% blockage and was very fast on my way to a heart attack. His quick diagnosis gave me a 2nd lease on life for which I am so grateful. However, when I went to see him for a follow up, I had to explain that I wasn’t feeling much better and that getting winded was truly affecting my life. Dr. Pilip took time asked a lot of questions and decided that a combination of breathing medication was necessary. Along with that send me for allergy testing. At the end it was determined that my allergies contributed to my inability to properly breathe. All is good now thanks to Dr. Pilip and his team.
Diane Gustaw – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
My first visit with Dr. Pilip went very well. I thought he was very thorough and friendly. I do plan to return to see him again as needed and now consider him my primary dr. All staff members were very friendly.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Dr. Pilip has been my primary dr and cardiologist for 4 years, and I can only say I wish I found him 30 years ago. Dr. Pilip has the best bed side manner I have ever experienced with anyone in the health industry, and on top of that his treatments have always been successful. He has helped me loose weight, manage my blood pressure, overcome anxiety which I thought no one would be able to help me with, and even has given me advice in my personal live. He is a dr. Who really cares for his patients
James sicuranza in Lake grove ny, NY – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
I went to Dr. Pilip numerous times when my insurance changed due to numerous symptoms that appeared out of nowhere three months ago. He was nice. But... ...very quick to suggest anti-anxiety if you are worried and symptoms are all over the place. ...tests for food allergies...and yet offers peanut granola bars in the waiting room. Nine ER visits and nine specialists later, they found I had iron deficiency that needs infusions. Dr. Pilip's office should have found that.
NY – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
I called ahead for a preservative free flu shot-I'm allergic to the preservative--The office said they had the proper flu shot . I went in-the person about to administer shot called the nurse to check if Ok to give-the nurse said it was preservative free. I looked on the box and it said it had preservative in it. They almost gave me an anaphylactic reaction. The Dr still did not see me after an hour of waiting. I left the office and will tell everyone I know about this.
Cheryl Van Brunt in SMITHTOWN, NY – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
new Patient , my first visit was earlier this month. Definitely going to continue as my PCP! EXCELLANT in EVERY WAY- from the doctor, staff & office! Great doctor! Would recommend to any and everyone with out a doubt !
Kathryn Alena – Apr 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
A pleasure to work with and the staff is pleasant and helpful too.
Sharon R in Holbrook, NY – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Dr Pilip has been our primary physician for a number of years. Dr Pilip has proven over and over again to be thorough, knowledgeable, takes time to discuss issues, explains his diagnosis and always reviews a patients overall care. Additionally, on a number of occasions he addressed issues not being picked up by our other specialty physicians. We highly recommend him.
Charles and Barbara Tragna in Kings Park, New York – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Excellent doctor and excellent staff Dr. Pilip has taken care of me as my pcp and cardiologist for over 2 years When I was having problems breathing while performing the most ordinary tasks he kept searching past the echo and angiogram and found that my. Aortic valve had stopped functioning correctly and recommended a surgeon to perform TAVR and get me feeling like myself again His staff is friendly , knowlegable and professional I highly recommend Dr Pilip and his staff seeking medical care
James Dowd in Holbrook NY – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Dr.Pilip is a fabulous doctor. He is thoughtful, listens and asks the right questions.. Had I not gone to him I might not be writing this note, Quite simply, he saved my life by his direct, non complicated approach to what was later diagnosed as cancer. He called it right, I got treated and now I am on my way to full recovery. You need this doctor in your life.
Gladys in Nesconset, NY – Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Dr. Pilip is an amazing physician. Five years ago I suffered from a DVT and was diagnosed with a hereditary blood clotting disorder at 23-years-old. I have been seen by multiple physicians and my family had been in constant worry over my health. Dr. Pilip is the first doctor that can finally put myself and my family at ease knowing that I am receiving the best treatment. I have no problem driving almost 40 minutes to see him as needed. My family and I can't thank him enough!
Shana in West Babylon, NY – Nov 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
I've been to many doctors, over the years,and Dr.Pilip is absolutely the best one. He manages my numerous chronic illnesses with absolute certainty, professionalism and intelligence. He follows the proper conure of treatment, at every visit. He has the great ability to think outside the box,whenever the diagnosis is not obvious.
Claudia in Farmingvile x, NY – Nov 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Dr. Pilip goes above and beyond as a physician and is truly available for his patients whenever they need him. I have never met a doctor that will give his cell number away. Patient health and patient satisfaction is his primary concern. I originally went to see him based on hundreds of positive reviews which at first were hard to believe when you read until you meet him. He gives you a sense that you are talking to your family member. I have referred all my neighbors and friends all love him
Nesconset, NY – Nov 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?
Mother was a patient of Dr. Pilip in Jan 16". She was feeling ill and in need of good health care ASAP. He was NOT interested in getting her health better one bit. By May 16", she suffered a preventable Stroke. I rushed her to Stony Brook Hosp bc of his affiliation w/them. Pilip never called, visited, provided info or input. 2mths af Stroke I bring my Mother 2 him 4 follow-up & he looks like he's never meet us B4 (we had 7-8 visits) & was unaware she'd had a Stroke. Don't bring ur loved 1 to him
Tee Brown in Central Islip, NY – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Adalbert Pilip, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pilip?

Preventative care is our purpose and method. Dr. Pilip, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine of Stony Brook University Medical Center who completed...Read more

• Adult Medicine