Dr. Abraham R. Tomco, MD

Dr. Abraham R. Tomco, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 41 years old

North Orem Family Medicine
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Dr. Tomco is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Tomco's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Tomco's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Family Practicenull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Tomco

Dr. Tomco accepts 17 insurance carriers

17 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Tomco has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Tomco

Dr. Tomco's Review Details
      4.4 based on 33 responses
      Experience with Dr. Tomco
      Dr. Tomco's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (31)
      Dr. Tomco says

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate every one of our patients and we are always looking for ways to be better. Your review helps me make the the best practice.

in Orem, UT |
      Well informed physician, personable, helpful, recommend him.
      in American Fork, UT |
      East to communicate with. Seems to care about my entire health picture. Does more than just write a prescription.
      in Pleasant Grove, UT |
      I went in to Dr Tomco about a month ago because I was having anxiety attacks. I had put off seeing a doctor for fear I would be judged and told to just "calm down." Dr Tomco was super easy to talk to and really concerned with my well being. I went back today and felt the same way. It's nice to know he cares about my opinion and doesn't want to just prescribe me whatever to get me out of there. I will definitely continue to go back to him!
      in American Fork, UT |
      Very thorough and knowledgeable about current procedures
      in Orem, UT |
      Always learning new things medically. Explains our issues clearly. Always teaching. A good listener. He's thorough. A great doctor!
      in Orem, UT |
      I started seeing Dr. Tomco around the time his office opened in Orem. I have always had great experiences with him and his staff. My one complaint is that during the last two visits I waited over an hour for a simple office visit. I wish I liked country music... It's on quietly but I didn't enjoy it. ??
      Orem, UT |

• Skin Biopsy
      • Splinting
      • Suture Uncomplicated Lacerations
      • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Graduated in 2006

St. Marks Family Medicine Residency

Completed in 2007

St Marks Family Medicine Residency

Completed in 2009

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Tomco has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Tomco's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Family Medicine
      • Board certified in Family Practice
      • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Tomco

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Tomco's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Tomco

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Tomco says...

As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I seek adventure in challenging situations. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West and exploring them together. We do as much backcountry skiing, mountain biking and fly-fishing as we can. I also serve as the Young Men's President for my church and do a lot of activities with the Boy Scouts.

Dr. Tomco's Care Philosophy

As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West.

Dr. Tomco says...