Dr. Abraham R. Tomco, MD

Dr. Abraham R. Tomco, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 41 years old

As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I seek adventure in challenging situations. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West and exploring them together. We do as much backcountry skiing, mountain biking and fly-fishing as we can. I also serve as the Young Men's President for my church and do a lot of activities with the Boy Scouts.Read more

North Orem Family Medicine
700 W 800 N Ste 220
Orem, UT 84057 Get Directions
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Dr. Tomco is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Tomco's Experience

See how Dr. Tomco's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tomco

Dr. Tomco accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Tomco has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Tomco
Dr. Tomco's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (38)
Dr. Tomco Says:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate every one of our patients and we are always looking for ways to be better. Your review helps me make the the best practice.

in Provo |
WORST doc ever! I was a patient for two years. After my initial visit, he vanished. I had to see his PA who wouldn't refill an Rx for a schedule 4 drug (that I've been on for years, with 0 issues) It was insulting. No prev. MD has suspected me of drug-seeking/criminal behavior) I'm a FT teacher, not a felon once married to a triple board certified MD.He req'd me to make an appt every time I needed a refill despite no history of substance abuse. This ridiculous policy is simply b/c of the co-pay.
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Tomco is a highly qualified family medicine physician whom I recommend without reservation. My wife also consults Dr. Tomco, telling me that she is quite pleased with her visits to him. Steven N. Van De Mark, Ph.D.
in American Fork, UT |
I felt like Dr. Tomco took all the time he needed with me, he is carefully discussing my health and truly interested in figuring out the cause of my problems. He is willing to try things and talk about any of my concerns or ideas and has been nothing but encouraging in my visits with him.
Orem, UT |
The physician took time to listen to all my questions and concerns, and he answered all of them. He knew what I needed and explained why. Everyone was very knowledgeable.
in Orem, UT |
Just moved here from California looking for a new primary Dr.. for my husband and I. We LOVED Dr. Tomco and feel very lucky we found him on the first try. He took the time to get to know us and talk to us in detail about our whole Heath history. Very knowledgeable, helpful and wonderful bedside manner. A+ Dr. Also the staff is so friendly and very little wait time, thanks again!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Tomco helped me feel at ease by explaining the processes that happen in the body, thereby increasing my understanding of what I'm going through.
in Lehi, UT |
Dr Tomco is personable, knowledgable and takes the necessary time to address needs and make sure his patients are comfortable and understand his explanations. We have referred many people to him and will continue to do so. He is awesome!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Best Doctor. Truly cares and is smart as a whip.
in Orem, UT |
Well informed physician, personable, helpful, recommend him.
in American Fork, UT |
East to communicate with. Seems to care about my entire health picture. Does more than just write a prescription.
in Pleasant Grove, UT |
I went in to Dr Tomco about a month ago because I was having anxiety attacks. I had put off seeing a doctor for fear I would be judged and told to just calm down. Dr Tomco was super easy to talk to and really concerned with my well being. I went back today and felt the same way. It's nice to know he cares about my opinion and doesn't want to just prescribe me whatever to get me out of there. I will definitely continue to go back to him!
in American Fork, UT |
Very thorough and knowledgeable about current procedures
in Orem, UT |
Always learning new things medically. Explains our issues clearly. Always teaching. A good listener. He's thorough. A great doctor!
in Orem, UT |
I started seeing Dr. Tomco around the time his office opened in Orem. I have always had great experiences with him and his staff. My one complaint is that during the last two visits I waited over an hour for a simple office visit. I wish I liked country music... It's on quietly but I didn't enjoy it. ??
Orem, UT |
Always thorough and professional
Have you seen Dr. Abraham R. Tomco, MD?
Are you Dr. Tomco?

Dr. Tomco says...

Dr. Tomco's Care Philosophy

Dr. Tomco says...

Dr. Tomco's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Tomco has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tomco's Board Certifications

St Marks Family Medicine Residency

Completed in 2009

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Tomco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tomco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Immunization