Dr. Abraham Tomco, MD

Dr. Abraham Tomco, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Abraham Tomco, MD is a family medicine specialist in Orem, UT and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 2006 and specializes in family medicine.Read his story

700 W 800 N Ste 220

Orem, UT 84057

• Altius Health Plans
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Tomco

Dr. Tomco's Experience

Dr. Tomco's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Tomco's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tomco "As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I seek adventure in challenging situations. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West and exploring them together. We do as much backcountry skiing, mountain biking and fly-fishing as we can. I also serve as the Young Men's President for my church and do a lot of activities with the Boy Scouts."

This content was provided by Dr. Tomco "As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West."

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Suture Uncomplicated Lacerations
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Saint Louis University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • St. Marks Family Medicine Residency
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • St Marks Family Medicine Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Tomco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tomco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tomco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tomco's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tomco to family and friends

Dr. Tomco's Performance

Dr. Tomco Says:
"

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate every one of our patients and we are always looking for ways to be better. Your review helps me make the the best practice.

"

Horrible Doctor! Make you come for visits just to charge you. Will not respond on prescription refills. The doctor and administration doesn't care at all about patients well being. Very unknowledgeable about everything. By far the worst Doctor I have ever been to. Please do not give this false...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option3
Dr. Tomco is a caring physician. I have never felt rushed and he listens to what I have to say and responds to it.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
He is always great. He explains things, he's thorough, I have confidence in his care. I couldn't hope for a better doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Tomco is very pleasant and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly. A pleasure to visit.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
He's so nice, patient, and knowledgeable. He patiently answered all my questions in detail. He's a nice person.
Are you Dr. Tomco?