Dr. Abraham Tomco, MD

Dr. Abraham Tomco, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Abraham Tomco, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Orem, UT. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read his story

700 W 800 N Ste 220

• Altius Health Plans
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Tomco

Dr. Tomco's Experience

Dr. Tomco's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Tomco's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tomco "As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I seek adventure in challenging situations. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West and exploring them together. We do as much backcountry skiing, mountain biking and fly-fishing as we can. I also serve as the Young Men's President for my church and do a lot of activities with the Boy Scouts."

This content was provided by Dr. Tomco "As a physician, I love helping people through stressful times when they may be sick or hurt. It really helps people to have someone they can trust when making an important medical decision. I love teaching people about healthy lifestyles and showing them how they can prevent a future illness. I also enjoy the challenge and high stress levels of rural emergency medicine and wilderness medicine.I want to be the kind of doctor that I would want for my own family. When a doctor takes the time to help their patients understand what is happening and what the plan is, a patient's anxiety can be greatly reduced. The patient should receive all the information they need to be an equal partner in decision-making and feel empowered about caring for their body. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Outside of the clinic, I am an avid rock, ice and mountain climber. I enjoy introducing my wife and four children to the beautiful mountains of the West."

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Cold Sore
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Diarrhea
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Fever
  • Folliculitis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • High Cholesterol
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hives
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Otitis Media
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Swine Flu
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Vomiting
  • Wheezing
  • Yeast Infections

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Suture Uncomplicated Lacerations
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • St. Marks Family Medicine Residency
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • St Marks Family Medicine Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Tomco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tomco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tomco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tomco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tomco to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Tomco Says:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate every one of our patients and we are always looking for ways to be better. Your review helps me make the the best practice.

Dr. Tomco's Performance
Orem, UT |
Horrible Doctor! Make you come for visits just to charge you. Will not respond on prescription refills. The doctor and administration doesn't care at all about patients well being. Very unknowledgeable about everything. By far the worst Doctor I have ever been to. Please do not give this false Doctor your business. You will regret it.
Orem, UT |
Dr. Tomco is a caring physician. I have never felt rushed and he listens to what I have to say and responds to it.
in Orem, UT |
He is always great. He explains things, he's thorough, I have confidence in his care. I couldn't hope for a better doctor.
Lehi, UT |
Dr Tomco is very pleasant and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly. A pleasure to visit.
Orem, UT |
He's so nice, patient, and knowledgeable. He patiently answered all my questions in detail. He's a nice person.
Glendora, CA |
He is very nice and he knows what he is talking about. He listens to you and answers all of your questions.
in Orem, UT |
Dr Tomco, Jerry Graves, and Joey McGovern all are very intelligent, personable providers. But the thing that makes this doctors office special, is that they care about my health. They aren't on autopilot and they each spend time talking with me even when they are very busy. They helped me get on a regimen that I could have benefitted from for the last 30 years.
in Vineyard, Utah |
The entire team/staff are always very efficient, caring and professional. Our family saw many Health Care professionals during our almost 30 years in the U.S. Navy. Dr. Tomco and staff are all the best!
in Provo, UT |
He cares about his patients and has a caring personality. He's willing to explain things and never makes you feel rushed.
in Provo |
WORST doc ever! I was a patient for two years. After my initial visit, he vanished. I had to see his PA who wouldn't refill an Rx for a schedule 4 drug (that I've been on for years, with 0 issues) It was insulting. No prev. MD has suspected me of drug-seeking/criminal behavior) I'm a FT teacher, not a felon once married to a triple board certified MD.He req'd me to make an appt every time I needed a refill despite no history of substance abuse. This ridiculous policy is simply b/c of the co-pay.
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Tomco is a highly qualified family medicine physician whom I recommend without reservation. My wife also consults Dr. Tomco, telling me that she is quite pleased with her visits to him. Steven N. Van De Mark, Ph.D.
in American Fork, UT |
I felt like Dr. Tomco took all the time he needed with me, he is carefully discussing my health and truly interested in figuring out the cause of my problems. He is willing to try things and talk about any of my concerns or ideas and has been nothing but encouraging in my visits with him.
Orem, UT |
The physician took time to listen to all my questions and concerns, and he answered all of them. He knew what I needed and explained why. Everyone was very knowledgeable.
in Orem, UT |
Just moved here from California looking for a new primary Dr.. for my husband and I. We LOVED Dr. Tomco and feel very lucky we found him on the first try. He took the time to get to know us and talk to us in detail about our whole Heath history. Very knowledgeable, helpful and wonderful bedside manner. A+ Dr. Also the staff is so friendly and very little wait time, thanks again!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Tomco helped me feel at ease by explaining the processes that happen in the body, thereby increasing my understanding of what I'm going through.
in Lehi, UT |
Dr Tomco is personable, knowledgable and takes the necessary time to address needs and make sure his patients are comfortable and understand his explanations. We have referred many people to him and will continue to do so. He is awesome!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Best Doctor. Truly cares and is smart as a whip.
in Orem, UT |
Well informed physician, personable, helpful, recommend him.
in American Fork, UT |
East to communicate with. Seems to care about my entire health picture. Does more than just write a prescription.
in Pleasant Grove, UT |
I went in to Dr Tomco about a month ago because I was having anxiety attacks. I had put off seeing a doctor for fear I would be judged and told to just calm down. Dr Tomco was super easy to talk to and really concerned with my well being. I went back today and felt the same way. It's nice to know he cares about my opinion and doesn't want to just prescribe me whatever to get me out of there. I will definitely continue to go back to him!
in American Fork, UT |
Very thorough and knowledgeable about current procedures
in Orem, UT |
Always learning new things medically. Explains our issues clearly. Always teaching. A good listener. He's thorough. A great doctor!
in Orem, UT |
I started seeing Dr. Tomco around the time his office opened in Orem. I have always had great experiences with him and his staff. My one complaint is that during the last two visits I waited over an hour for a simple office visit. I wish I liked country music... It's on quietly but I didn't enjoy it. ??
Always thorough and professional
Have you seen Dr. Abraham Tomco, MD?
Are you Dr. Tomco?

See our Family Medicine Specialists at Timpanogos Regional Hospital

Visit Dr. Tomco

Dr. Tomco accepts 22 insurance carriers
    Choice PPO
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • First Choice Health
    First Choice Health PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare