Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD

Bariatric Surgery •  Male • Age 40

Telehealth services available

Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in New York, NY. He specializes in bariatric surgery, general surgery, and more.

ColumbiaDoctors Midtown

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Krikhely

Dr. Krikhely?
Dr. Krikhely's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD
I recently had hernia surgery performed by Dr. Krikhely. I want to recommend his services enthusiastically. The surgery went well but i was most impressed with the genuine concern Dr. Krikhely had for me as a patient. He prepared me thoroughly and met with me shortly after the surgery and then again six months later. At both meetings, he had all the time I wanted to discuss my concerns. In fact, at the second meeting, he even raised issues that I brought up at the first meeting and that I had long since forgotten. This is a terrific doctor.
Chuck Meyer – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
I had Nissen Fundoplication done by Dr. Krikhely a few months back. I highly urge any potential patients to have it done somewhere else, not at NYP, unless they want to wake up in the operating room in full pain, unable to breathe because pain is too much - and to scream until they sedate you again, second time, which is what happened to me. Richard Raker was my anesthesiologist for that procedure. Please learn from my experience, this is a serious surgery, don’t put your life and wellbeing in their hands.
Alena – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Dr. Krikhely is an amazing Bariatric Surgeon. He completed my surgery on July 19. Dr. Krikhely gave me a second chance at living a healthy life. My surgery was completed in a 40-45 minute time frame. I had no complications. Thank you, Dr. Krikhely for making this process as comforting as possible. I will forever be thankful to Dr. Krikhely and his team.
Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Doctor Krikhely is very professional and very detailed. He did my sleeve surgery and made all the process very smooth. His staff is very friendly and helpful (Oli, Rachel, Teresa, Joycy, Giovanni and Laura). I will recommend this doctor anytime, the doctor and his staff all get five stars. Thank you for providing me with great service and care
Victoria Martinez – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
I just had surgery a month ago and I’m so glad I chose Dr. Krikhely as my surgeon. He’s the best! Not only is he a phenomenal, knowledgeable and professional doctor he’s also an amazing person, kind hearted, reliable and is someone who really cares about his patients. From office visits to urgent calls, he’s always so helpful and is so patient with me and addresses all of my concerns. I highly recommend him. His team is also great, they are all super nice and helpful in every way possible. Dr. Krikhely thank you so much for all that you have done to help me, it’s so greatly appreciated.
Tehilla in Wesley Hills, NY – Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
excellent doctor, very professional, I am very pleased with my operation????
Jennyfer Sanchez in Bronx, NY – Apr 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
I feel completely blessed to have had Dr.Krikhely as my surgeon. He did a phenomenal job with surgery. I was never really in any pain and the incisions are barely visible only a week post op. I received the best care from the office visits, surgical room, recovery room and inpatient. Was in and out the hospital within 30 hours. Was out and about the very next day after surgery running errands. I am extremely blessed and thankful for Dr. Krikhely and the amazing team at Columbia Presbyterian.
Krystal in Bronx, NY – Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Great Doctor!! I highly recommend him .
New York , NY – Apr 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Dr. Krikhely was amazing from the first initial visit, to the day of surgery, to my post op appt. Very informative about the entire process, including day of surgery and post op expectations. Really couldn’t have chosen a better doctor!
Zuriely in New York, NY – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
I had a gastric sleeve done by Dr. Krikhely on Feb.05, 2019. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to the doctor for the great work he did for me! Dr. Krikhely is the BEST surgeon ever! He explains every step of the process very understanding and it was a big surprise for me when the doctor spoke to me in my native Georgian language! Dr. Krikhely is very professional and absolutely phenomenal! He is people-orientated and extremely friendly. I would recommend Dr. Krikhely to any friends or family member!
Soso Macharashvili in Monroe, NY – Feb 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Dr. Krikhely is very professional and caring. He explains every step of the process in a way that is clear and makes you at easy. He makes sure you understand and I could not be more please with the patient care I received from him.
Castillo in New York City, NY – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
The best Surgeon ever !!!! Always a positive vibe since our first initial consult. Very understanding and listens well to the patients concerns and desires. He is the real deal. He also has a great surgery team!
Yuri Colon in New York, NY – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
I met Dr. Krikhely on March 22 and I knew that day that I was in good hands. My surgery was April 24(one of the best days of my life) my surgery was a complete success, today July 31st I am down 47 pounds lighter and have never been happier. People tell me that they don’t recognized me because the change has been so drastic. I recomend Dr. Krikhely and his staff 200%. It is the best investment that anyone can do for themselves. Also please join a gym after surgery.
Vilma – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
From day 1 Dr. Krikhely was very professional and caring. He answered all of my questions and concerns - pre and post op. Would definitely recommend.
BROOKLYN – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Dr Krikhely saved my life, and gave it back to me. I’m so thankful he was on the night I became seriously ill. He has done 3 surgeries on me in one year!!! He is kind, knowledgeable, and compassionate. Thank you, His staff is wonderful, friendly and helpful,
Terry K in NY, NY – Apr 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Phenomenal Bariatric surgeon! Dr. Krikhely performed an 8 hour revision surgery on my "27" year old botch gastric bypass. My surgery was far from text book and not without many challenges, however his tenacity, expertise, experience and skill level was Amazing!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone seriously looking for best in this area of medicine. Additionally, his entire team are just as Amazing...
Katherine Sprowal in New York – Apr 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
I saw Dr. Krikhely for a 2nd opinion for surgery to repair a hiatal hernia. He sent me for additional testing to ensure that he would perform the correct surgery based upon the findings. I had my surgery done on March 14, 2018. My progress post-op has been better than I had expected it would be. I am really feeling wonderful! Dr. Krikhely is an exceptional doctor and surgeon. He takes his time with you and answers all questions. His support staff have also been wonderful to work with.
Stephanie in Franklin Square, New York – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
I had a gastric sleeve done by Dr.. Krikhely on Feb. 02, 2018 just a little over two weeks ago. The operation was relatively painless (as I was asleep) lol. but definitely a success. I woke up from the anesthesia and recovered extremely well. I had no sores or extreme pain at all..Now today is the 16th of Feb. exactly two weeks after my surgery and I have went from 323lbs to 285lbs in only 1 month. this is counting my 2 week liquid diet. Thank you very Much Doc! You have changed my life!
Miguel Padilla in Bronx, New York – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Dr. Krikhely and his team are absolutely phenomenal. Prior to seeing him, I was in a different bariatric program but I wasn't 100% comfortable. I was referred to Dr. Krikhely and decided to get a second opinion. He listened to everything I had to say and answered all of my questions. Explained everything in a way that was easy to understand and addressed any concerns I had. The admin & clinical staff are all incredibly kind. Best decision I made was to have him as my surgeon!
Shannon H. in Westchester, New York – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?
Dr. Krikhely is a very talented surgeon. He is people-oriented. He answered all questions clearly. Throughout, he was available and attentive. On surgery day, I felt so relieved when he visited me, right in pre-op area. He was reassuring. After surgery, he and team visited me multiple times -so appreciated! For post-op appts., he has been sensitive and pain-staking regarding follow-up. His staff is also kind and thorough. I highly recommend, Dr. Krikhely as your bariatric surgeon.
Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Krikhely, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Krikhely?

Dr. Krikhely accepts

Dr. Krikhely accepts the following insurance:

Affinity Health Plan
Connecticare
EmblemHealth
GHI HMO
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
VNS Choice
Vytra Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for New York

Gastric Surgery

Gastric surgery, also known as gastric bypass surgery, is a type of bariatric surgery that can help obese patients achieve significant weight loss by diverting food past the first section of the small intestine.

Typically treats 62% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Sleeve Gastrectomy

Dr. Krikhely performs Sleeve Gastrectomy more than 82% of their peers

Dr. Krikhely performs this procedure more than 82% of their peers

Gastric Bypass Surgery, Laparoscopic

Dr. Krikhely performs Gastric Bypass Surgery, Laparoscopic more than 74% of their peers

Dr. Krikhely performs this procedure more than 74% of their peers

Dr. Krikhely performs this procedure more than 83% of his peers

Sleeve Gastrectomy

Dr. Krikhely performs Sleeve Gastrectomy more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Krikhely performs this procedure more than 82% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic

Dr. Krikhely's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abscess
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendicitis
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Revision of Gastric Anastomosis or Restrictive Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Ulcer

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Bariatric Surgery
  • Colorectal Surgery
  • General Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery

2008
New York University Medical Ctr

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Krikhely treats patients.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center