Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD

Dr. Cherrick
Telehealth services available

National Spine & Pain Centers

6355 Walker Ln Ste 507 Alexandria, VA 22310

Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in Alexandria, VA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cherrick to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Cherrick's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cherrick's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Cherrick treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Cherrick treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Low Back Pain

• Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lipedema
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Cherrick accepts

Dr. Cherrick accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Cherrick's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cherrick

2.4

Dr. Cherrick?
  • Listened & answered questions (21)
  • Wait times (14)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (37)
  • Long wait times (29)
Overly rushed, uncommunicative...too long to wait for minimal service and care
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Dr. Abraham Cherrick’s office is a disaster! Avoid this incompetent and uncaring medical professional!
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 21, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Dr. Cherrick is a caring person, and really good at what he does. I've seen him for several different injuries that were harder to pinpoint, some of which other doctors I'd seen couldn't identify or diagnose. This was particularly true when I saw him about lower back pain. Initially diagnosed by another healthcare provider as Sciatica, I was sent to PT and recovered to a point. but, despite months of PT was still unable to sit for more than an hour without my back completely cramping up. Although it took several appointments to get there, he was able to identify the fact that my injury was actually spinal. With the amended diagnosis, I was finally able to actually recover and have not have any major back pain since. For those who have also seen the negative reviews here, I will note that he is very spirited, and can be a bit blunt. That said, he has always been very thorough, and, in my experience really on the money with his assessments and diagnoses.
Aug 16, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
I’ve trusted and relied on Dr. Abraham Cherrick even before I moved to Virginia. I find him brilliant, compassionate and so very kind. He realized what I was suffering from and done his best to help me cope . Dr. Cherrick is highly regarded from my other Doctors and am honored to have him by my side. It takes someone really special to understand how pain can really take away one’s life. Dr. Cherrick is just the best!
Randi R. – May 14, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
My visit was for a family member who had experienced a two month non relenting migraine. Dr. Cherrick was kind and caring and went out of his way to do what was in his power to control her pain. I had no problems with the staff either. We have been to the Alexandra office several times and have never had issues.
NoVa Mom – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
The staff was disorganized and had me waiting in the lobby over an hr for an appt made months in advance. They stated "my paperwork was misplaced." that was not my issue! Cherrick was inappropriate and rude to my wife and I, as if he was too busy to sit and discuss my pain issues. He was more interested in talking with her than with me THE PATIENT! He would jump around from room to room spending bits and pieces of time with each patient extending the time i could have possibly been in and out of there. I was recommend staying far away from this guy and find a better MD. Always check reviews!!
Nov 25, 2019
Thank you for contacting the NSPC team. Because...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
I've been under his care for many years. He is now way to busy to spend any time with you. My last visit was about 45 seconds. He was walking away and out of the door as I was trying to talk to him. He is rude. He is heartless and cares about himself only. His staff is the worst, they don't give a dam about you. They will go out of their way to belittle you. They should be working in a prison, as prison guards. There use to be some good ones but they left too. Some of the PA's were good. Some of the other Dr's are good. If I was looking for pain management I would not go here.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 05, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to reach out. ...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Dr. Abe Cherrick is a gem among physicians. I have terrible chronic pain problems from extensive nerve damage caused by an allergic reaction to an anti-biotic. Dr. Cherrick has been treating me for several years. He has returned my life to me. He's knowledgeable, compassionate, sympathetic, patient and persistent. He cares about his patients and treats them with respect. And, out of the many doctors I've had, he's also by far the best listener. Highest possible recommendation!
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Amazing diagnostician. Dr. Cherrick diagnosed me with Psoriatic Arthris after I had seen 9 doctors in 18 months. He reassured me during my exam that he would figure out what was causing my debilitating pain in my feet. I felt so relieved to finally have a doctor that was committed to helping me.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
I have been a patient for over fifteen years and have been very happy with the service!
Rayman1008 in Fredericksburg , VA – Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Dr. Cherrick, and by association his practice, are in general mess. They will not forward required docs for me to get MRI. It has been a month and I am in terrible pain. Corrine just helped and she's the only competent employee who has made a sincere effort t help. If you must go to this practice, see Dr. Whittenburg. I have seen her for years; she's compassionate, responsive and excellent at giving treatments.
VP in Alexandria, VA – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Dr. Cherrick was attentive and empathetic when I was discussing my chronic pain. My prior experience with pain specialists had ended without any relief. Dr. Cherrick was thorough in his examination and historical info gathering. He suggested I try a med I had never tried and explained its biochemical response etc which I needed to understand for my peace of mind. I purchased the med, applied the patch and FINALLY the right med had been found. I had relief. I slept through the night!!!
LaDonna in Alexandria , VA – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Patients beware! I was going to get a knee injection and I first talked with a knee specialist concerning my knee and he told me that it would be useless to have an injection. When I confronted Cherrick, he said I know it wouldn't help but you insisted on the injection (bold lie). He was going to do a procedure he knew would not help. When I go there for an appointment he says to me 'oh you again'. Absolutley the worse doctor I have ever experienced. He should have his license revoked!
Don Martin in Springfield, VA – Oct 27, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
I have been a patient (even though they shouldnt call themselves a medical practice) for 7 years. After all that time and after PA-C Sanders collossal screw up with writing incorrect prescriptions and putting me through hell for over a week, i get told that they are no longer going to see me or treat me. I asked for a referrell to another place (which is a part of their opiod agreement) and they did nothing to help in that regard. I am currently pursuing legal ramifications. Stay aware from here
Annandale, VA – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
So he had a complete freak out with me! It was unreal and completely unprovoked. He told me that if I sought treatment at Johns Hopkins they would " laugh me out of the place" he also turned to my boyfriend while I was still sitting there tearing up but trying to be as composed as possible and asked him if I was a person of reasonable intelligence. He has only seen me twice 2 years! Of course I'm not getting better. He has passed me off Sarah all the other appt. Go to anyone else!!!
Christina Ferreira in Alexandria, VA – Sep 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Dr. Cherrick is talented, devoted to relieving pain and insightful. It may be hard to get an appointment, but that is because he is in demand. He may seem brusque but if you ask him to slow down because you have more questions or you do not understand , he will turn on a dime and return his focus to you. Note: National Spine and Pain has a rigorous accountability standard for Rx meds, soif you are drug shopping, you had best keep looking.
Arlington, VA – Jul 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
Was a patient of Cherricks and then took mom in law. Left his practice because his nurse at the time...but he had the audacity to send me a letter of discharge! Could not talk my elderly mom in law into leaving because she became addicted to the charm he put forth and the pain meds he gave her. By the time we got her to leave and see another doctor it was too late. She died believing all of those pain meds were her salvation...not wanting physical therapy, etc.??
Alexandria, Va – May 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
The first two years were fine. The office staff have been kind, understanding and efficient. Saw him for my annual visit with the the doctor on Tuesday. I was in a LOT of pain. Out of nowhere, he verbally attacks me like a pit bull. Repeatedly, he displayed the temperament of a bad two year old who needed discipline. Then, he plays the victim. Nothing was wrong! All of his staff was mad at him for making me sob for 20 min. As an adult woman I demand to be treated with respect at ALL times.
You will respect me in Owings Mills – Mar 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
I like Dr. C personality and care-wise, on the rare event I can actually get in for an appointment. After years with him I'm giving up this practice after waiting 3 months to get in with acute, acute pain. Now I can't get a call back regarding test results, which is holding up my care even more. Time for a new doc.
L in Washington, DC – Dec 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?
First office visit with Dr. Cherrick and and his assistant was enjoyable and made you feel comfortable about being there, but was there to get the source of the problem.
Rebecca in Clinton, MD – Apr 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abraham Cherrick, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cherrick?

"A patient's trust is earned through compassion and communication. Only through listening can you truly learn how pain impacts a person's life."

Dr. Cherrick is an expert diagnostician and talented non-surgical pain specialist who has been recognized repeatedly in Washingtonian Magazine's Top Doctors...Read more

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation