Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD

PsychiatryMale

Psychiatry

Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in San Francisco, CA. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD

Abilash A Gopal MD

2161 Union St Ste 3 San Francisco, CA 94123

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Gopal's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gopal's conditions and procedures:

• Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Gopal accepts

Dr. Gopal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gopal

4.5

Dr. Gopal

I have been seeing Dr. Gopal for over 10 years. I have severe depression and generalized anxiety. This means I need continuous care. He helped me recover and stabilize my situation with a combination of drugs and talk therapy. He keeps on top of current developments. We now see each other by Skype (even before the pandemic), which is great because I now live 50 miles away. Dr. Gopal is a caring physician. He remembers things about my family and asks about them. I know that he will always be there if I need him. I have contacted him before my next scheduled visit and he has replied rapidly and talked to me when necessary.
Auntie Lolo – Feb 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD?
Dr Gopal was able to correctly diagnose my son and analyze complicated family dynamics all within the first session. Prior to seeing him my son had been misdiagnosed for years and put on all sorts of terrible meds - he had totally lost faith in mental health treatment. So grateful to have found Dr Gopal!
Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD?
Most insightful and helpful psychiatrist I've ever had...worth every penny
Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD?
This Doctor sent us bill for suposed services for my teen son put into hospital for Psychiatric evaluation, nobody asked what our insurance was or if I could afford his Non-network, does not accept insurance bills. A single mother with a son in crisis, who was put on a 4140 evaluation I should be assumed that I cannot afford very expensive psychiatric non-insurance health bills, and to boot is now sent it to collections to damage my credit, never was I consulted about his services, never was I given any report about his services, I don’t even know if he ever saw my son. Should not be allowed without any consultation of the party that will have to pay for the services, and then to send it to collections unbelievable. I never received any kind of diagnosis, notes any communication about this visit, so he gets to show up say he talk to my son, and then bill me hundreds of dollars, totally unacceptable.
Mother in Santa cruz, CA – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gopal?

• Psychiatry

• Forensic Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

Is Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Gopal's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Gopal accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Gopal frequently treats Major Depressive Disorder. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Gopal treats.

Where is Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD's office located?

Dr. Gopal's office is located at 2161 Union St Ste 3, San Francisco, CA 94123. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Gopal has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Abilash Gopal, MD?

Abilash A Gopal MD2161 Union St Ste 3 San Francisco, CA 94123