Dr. Abid Qureshi, MD

Dr. Abid Qureshi, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Qureshi began practicing orthopedic surgery in 2002. He earned his Medical Degree from The Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan in 1991, and then completed a research fellowship in orthopedic oncology and molecular biology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center. He completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery here, which prepared him for a dual-clinical fellowship. He gained fellowship training in orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa, FL from 2000 to 2001, and in spinal surgery at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA from 2001 to 2002. Hardworking and driven, he has won several research citations including the Howard Schneider Research Award. Dr. Qureshi has also served as Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at the John Muir Medical Center.

Dr. Qureshi's Experience

See how Dr. Qureshi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Qureshi

Dr. Qureshi accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Qureshi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Qureshi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Qureshi to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Qureshi's Performance
    in Walnut Creek, CA |
    I feel most fortunate that Dr. Qureshi performed my back surgery. I was reluctant to undergo such a complex procedure. He was the most patient, caring, and informative doctor I could have asked for. He made the entire experience easier. He also has an excellent assistant, Zack and office person, Janice.
    in Benicia, CA |
    Out of the blue, I was disabled with spondilisthesis in my lower back. After 2 completely ineffective epidural injections done by another medical practice, I consulted Dr Quereshi on the recommendation of two ICU nurses at John Muir Concord. I was in excruciating pain and was uncertain that I could go on without some sort of relief or hope of relief. Dr Q saw me promptly after my initial call and scheduled the appropriate tests and surgery almost immediately. I have had a miraculous recovery.
    in Pleasant Hill, CA |
    Excellent results and great information given.
    Vallejo, CA |
    Dr. Qureshi was just the best with my dad and his neck injury! He was so patient and listened to my dad. He explained everything and every option and really took time with my dad over these last 8 months. He has been a blessing.
    Walnut Creek, CA |
    Dr. Qureshi is not only a skilled surgeon, but a good hearted communicator as well. He never seems rushed at appointments and answers all questions. My neck spinal fusion was very successful, great to be pain free again. His assistant Zack, and all staff there excellent as well.
    in Brentwood, CA |
    I highly recommend Dr Qureshi. After suffering from spinal stenosis and having two epidurals on both sides they recommended Dr Qureshi. I had a spinal fusion over 3 years ago and haven't had any sciatica pain since.
    in Oakley |
    He changed my life! I got to the point where I was walking with a cane and could barley move around without heavy pain meds. Dr qureshi did a bylatural laminectomy with disc repair. It has not even been a year and I'm now off all pain meds and I'm walking like I did 20 years ago. I'm a new man. Thank you Dr. Qureshi. YOU DA MAN
    in Pleasant Hill, CA |
    Dr. Qureshi seems like a great guy who is very knowledgeable. I say "seems" as it's most difficult to talk to him as he's walking out of the exam room from where we had the examination. Spends very little consultative time with me. I doubt whether he spends any preparation time prior to our exams as well. He's reviewing my tests as he's explaining my problem. Information overload, and he seems to almost do this intentionally, so as to speed his departure from our exam.
    Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Dr. Qureshi and all of the Muir Orthopaedic Specialists doctors work hard to ensure the highest level of patient care, including positive and effective interactions during appointments. We are very sorry you felt this was not your experience. If you would be willing to discuss your comments further, please call me at 925-939-8585. Thank you, Natalie Bow, Front Office Manager
    in Walnut Creek, CA |
    I've never been to a doctor where the entire appointment was 10 min and he wanted to leave the room faster than answer our questions which we have been wanting answers for about a month. When I asked him about the side effects of medication that he prescribed, he said talk to your primary care physician. It's either him or Muir Orthopaedic Specialists that have this type of patient care. I advice you go elsewhere.
    Hi, thank you for sharing this review. We look at all our reviews and feedback for opportunities to improve our patient experience and will pass along your comments to Dr. Qureshi. Our goal is that every patient has enough time with their physician and feels questions are fully answered so they may understand their condition or treatment. I am also available to discuss any concerns and answer questions. My phone number is 925-939-8585. Thank you, Natalie Bow, Front Office Manager
    in Walnut Creek, CA |
    Dr. Qureshi performed 2 level fusion back surgery on me in early January 2016. He is a very patient man, very approachable, listens very well, answered my questions and concerns regarding the procedure he was about to perform. I tend to be a bit impatient with recovery and want to push the envelop in an effort to speed getting back to my active lifestyle. He helped me realize a full recovery (six months after surgery) by discouraging my overly aggressive approach.
    in Oakland, CA |
    Dr. Abid Qureshi , MD served me for the last 3 years and I am very grateful for the excellent care I provide me thank Dr
    in Martinez, CA |
    Having suffered with a herniated disc and savior sciatica for several years, it became evident that I need to move beyond the routine treatment of medication, physical therapy, exercises, weight loss and back injections. I was referred to Abid Quishi, MD in early 2015. After reviewing x-rays and an MRI, Dr Quishi suggested lumbar fusion of L4-5. The LAST back/leg pain I had experienced was when I moved from the transfer bed onto the operating table. I followed his post-operative instruction
    in Antioch, CA |
    Dr. Qureshi is not just a spine surgeon but a perfect friend whose words and actions gives you hope in your hopeless situation. He was a friend to me in my situation and perform a perfect surgery in my back and today I am fine again. My name is Samuel Ankrah am 59years old.
    Have you seen Dr. Abid Qureshi, MD?

Dr. Qureshi says...

Dr. Qureshi says...

Dr. Qureshi practices spinal surgery and orthopedic trauma surgery. He is fellowship-trained in orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery and spinal surgery, and did a research fellowship in orthopedic oncology and molecular biology.

Dr. Qureshi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Qureshi has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Qureshi's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
    • Hip Sprain
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Morton's Neuroma
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
    • Knee Surgery
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection